• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is the Greatest President in your life time and why?

I gave the white house numbers.

Wikipedia is untrustworthy on any issue that is contentious.

Where is the source data for that chart?

With respect:

You're changing your argument? Decide which argument you're going to go with, please.

With respect:

You're changing your argument? Decide which argument you're going to go with, please.
Post 71 explains it to you, with respect. Also with regards to numbers it is Treasury that matters not your source as we pay debt service on Treasury numbers which were 2.6 trillion dollars at the end of the Reagan term. that is a 1.7 trillion increase and what did we get for it.......almost 17 million NEW jobs and double the GDP. By any credit standards 2.6 trillion debt on 5.2 trillion GDP is acceptable.

What part of post 71 don't you understand. You think tripling the debt to 2.6 trillion dollars is worse than doubling the debt to 19.5 trillion? Do you know what debt service is and do we pay it on percentage increase or dollars? Come on, stop think!!

With respect:

So you're saying that a Democrat was better at increasing the federal debt than the originalist (Reagan) who increased the federal debt, as an argument that Reagan didn't start the dramatic increase in federal debt. It sounds like you're inadvertently agreeing that Reagan dramatically increased the federal debt.

Post 71 explains it to you, with respect. Also with regards to numbers it is Treasury that matters not your source as we pay debt service on Treasury numbers which were 2.6 trillion dollars at the end of the Reagan term. that is a 1.7 trillion increase and what did we get for it.......almost 17 million NEW jobs and double the GDP. By any credit standards 2.6 trillion debt on 5.2 trillion GDP is acceptable.
We shouldn't forget that those E series bonds issued before 1980, then in 1980 under Carter, the EE series were inroduced. They had a guaranteed return rate, payable 10-20 year out.

With respect:

Wouldn't you rather talk about who was the greatest political criminal president instead of trying to justify Reagan's dramatic increase in federal debt? I say that T**** beats Reagan in the politically criminal presidential administration department, by far. Hell, T**** didn't try to hide it; Reagan did.

We shouldn't forget that those E series bonds issued before 1980, then in 1980 under Carter, the EE series were inroduced. They had a guaranteed return rate, payable 10-20 year out.

With respect:

So Reagan had to dramatically increase the federal debt to build nuclear weapons because of bonds issued in the Carter era. Those must've been very nuclear bonds.

With respect:

So you're saying that a Democrat was better at increasing the federal debt than the originalist (Reagan) who increased the federal debt, as an argument that Reagan didn't start the dramatic increase in federal debt. It sounds like you're inadvertently agreeing that Reagan dramatically increased the federal debt.
Here is the reality, Reagan left a very manageable debt for Clinton who increased it and it grew from there, will you tell us how old you were during the Reagan Term? I can see someone that was very young or wasn't even born to recognize what Reagan inherited or what policies he generated that won him 49 states in 1984. You don't get it and may never but 1.7 trillion in 8 years is what Reagan created inheriting a double dip recession and misery index close to 20. What was it when he left office? ever hear of the misery index? Can you explain to us why 1.7 trillion in debt bothers you so much as there was nothing that prevented future presidents for reducing it

With respect:

What do you think hasppens when the previous administration passes five year plans of spending, with double digit inflation? Doesn't it stand to reason the next administration gets burned over it?

With respect:

So Reagan had to dramatically increase the federal debt to build nuclear weapons because of bonds issued in the Carter era. Those must've been very nuclear bonds.
See my previous post.

Here is the reality, Reagan left a very manageable ________ debt ...

With respect:

You're getting dangerously closer to telling truths. Careful.

With respect:

Reagan only tried to (and succeeded) steal the election (in several ways) before the election happened.

T**** tried to steal the election after the election happened.

Republicans stole the 2016 election by purging voter rolls using bogus Interstate Crosscheck.

Reagan tried to hide his political criminality.

T**** didn't try to hide his political criminality.

Why do conservatives love politically criminal daddy statist presidents?

I was born in 1971, which means none of them in my lifetime was really worthy of being called great. Not all negative, some were better than others ideologically speaking of course accomplishing something more important in comparison to others.

But I have to expand the timeframe a little (by a decade or more) and consider JFK as way up there on the list in the post WWII era, but at the same time Reagan seemed to capture damn near an entire nation twice despite a few negatives along the way. Each for different reasons and by different methods but both did something very rare in appealing to those outside their base. It did not make them moderates, at least not in today's context. Neither JFK nor Reagan as really "the greatest" but seem to be better than their alternatives then and many we see today.

And it is worth nothing that JFK and Reagan both are entirely unelectable in their respective parties today, each saying something then that would be a political third rale today, and that should tell you something about why others in the more modern era are hardly worth mentioning.

If I was forced to pick entirely within my lifetime I might be inclined to go with Obama, but I did not think much of him either once in office.

With respect:

Wouldn't you rather talk about who was the greatest political criminal president instead of trying to justify Reagan's dramatic increase in federal debt? I say that T**** beats Reagan in the politically criminal presidential administration department, by far. Hell, T**** didn't try to hide it; Reagan did.
You are way too personal to continue this, Neither Reagan or Trump or any President was so crooked that they impacted you or anything you do. Why does that issue bother you so much when that so called corruption never impacted you or your family nor were any laws violated? Why won't you answer the question, how old were you during the Reagan term?

Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ)... He broke the back and brought down Jim Crow Segregation, and Integrated The Supreme Court, and created a Fair Policy Immigration Act, He created Medicare, and developed the EEOC under the Department of Justice, Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, Food Stamp Act of 1964, the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1965; The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) ,

1655753662815.png

Older right wing minded and conservative mined white people don't won't to give him his credits, because many are still angry because LBJ destroyed racial and gender based segregation. Libertarians Right hates the fact that LBJ pushed Affirmative Actions, to over-ride white people attempts and aims to try and continue their racial discrimination by covert means.

---
Second is Obama, He created ACA the Affordable Cares Act, and he also put stress test and checks on Banks and Financial Institution, and gave Elizabeth Warren the position of leadership in Consumer Protection Agency. He created "broad ranging "diversity" in his Administration, and he brought America out of the Economic Devastation, and saved GM and Other Companies that Republicans were willing to let crash and turn to dust.
Obama showed the world, that he was a President for America and All America People. He did not fall victim to the madness of those who expected him to become a President only for black people and do things that only benefit black people. He showed America that he did things that were for and to the benefit of All American People.
Republican are angry because they did not get to have their game plan to attack and say he only helped black people So, when republican could not attack that way, they wanted to claim he did nothing that help black people. Fact is, Obama did things that helped "AMERICAN PEOPLE" regardless of race, skin and ethnicity.

Last edited:
With respect:

Reagan only tried to (and succeeded) steal the election (in several ways) before the election happened.

T**** tried to steal the election after the election happened.

Republicans stole the 2016 election by purging voter rolls using bogus Interstate Crosscheck.

Reagan tried to hide his political criminality.

T**** didn't try to hide his political criminality.

Why do conservatives love politically criminal daddy statist presidents?
Does your ideology give you a license to distort, divert, and lie about policies and results? Such hatred which is typical of Progressives who are always so miserable that they have to divert from their own problems in life. Read the psychology of hate and let us know where progressives are on that issue

You are way too personal to continue this, Neither Reagan or Trump or any President was so crooked that they impacted you or anything you do. Why does that issue bother you so much when that so called corruption never impacted you or your family nor were any laws violated? Why won't you answer the question, how old were you during the Reagan term?

With respect:

Ohhhh, conservative political crimes are victimless. Yet street crimes are ruining your country.

What does my age have to do with Reagan being a huge political criminal?

Does your ideology give you a license to distort, divert, and lie about policies and results? Such hatred which is typical of Progressives who are always so miserable that they have to divert from their own problems in life. Read the psychology of hate and let us know where progressives are on that issue

With respect:

You're obviously lying about my accurate commentary, and desperately trying to deflect.

With respect:

Ohhhh, conservative political crimes are victimless. Yet street crimes are ruining your country.

What does my age have to do with Reagan being a huge political criminal?
What crimes? You have someone convicted because you are told a crime was created. Your age has everything to do with your revisionist history coming from some propaganda piece you want to believe. Can you explain why someone so corrupt as you claim won 49 out of 50 states and when the last time that happened? You are just too partisan and biased for some unknown reason to have any credibility

I am just curious why do modern day, Trump-loving conservatives love Reagan so much?

You do realize he supported INCREASING immigration into America. He supported giving illegal immigrants legal status. He raised taxes more than he lowered them. He worked well with Republicans and Democrats. This is contrary to the modern day Republican Party.

With respect:

You're obviously lying about my accurate commentary, and desperately trying to deflect.
No, you are distorting history to fit your narrative, you cannot tell us what crime Reagan or Trump created because in his country your opinions don't amount to much and since no crimes were prosecuted no crimes occurred

I am just curious why do modern day, Trump-loving conservatives love Reagan so much?

You do realize he supported INCREASING immigration into America. He supported giving illegal immigrants legal status. He raised taxes more than he lowered them. He worked well with Republicans and Democrats. This is contrary to the modern day Republican Party.
Again keep trying to Re-write history totally clueless as to what Reagan inherited and the fact that he won 49 states in 1984, the results speak for themselves but as usual results that impact the American people positive have to be ignored. Reagan's mistake was agreeing with a Democrat Party who violated their agreement with him. Why don't you post exactly what Reagan agreed to and why?

Again keep trying to Re-write history totally clueless as to what Reagan inherited and the fact that he won 49 states in 1984, the results speak for themselves but as usual results that impact the American people positive have to be ignored. Reagan's mistake was agreeing with a Democrat Party who violated their agreement with him. Why don't you post exactly what Reagan agreed to and why?
Did you read my previous post? I think Reagan was a pretty good President. The CSPAN presidential ranking list had Reagan at #9.

Back
Top Bottom