• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is the Greatest President in your life time and why?

Amazing how little research you are, there are 330+ million in this country and 11% uninsured, what total is that still? Further many of those insured were eligible for Medicaid but never signed up, whose responsibility s that
Cigna's numbers - and they were undisputed when the ACA was enacted.
You keep buying the liberal rhetoric as they love making fools out of people.
I keep buying the facts. It's the Trumpeteers who are being made fools of. Do you know how many times Trump told his mindless minions about his healthcare plan? Hmm? He kept shoveling that shit from long before he ever took office, right up to his campaign for a second term, and his coprophagic puppies swallowed every steaming turd of it. He even campaigned ceaselessly during the midterms - LYING of course - telling his fools that congress was in session that very moment, ironing out the details of his "much better, much cheaper" healthcare plan, when everyone who wasn't a complete Trumpest tool knew that none of them were even in DC, all having gone home for the summer recess. It's the so-called "conservative" rhetoric that's been making fools out of people - and for more than a generation!

There are approximately 44 million on Medicare and it is bloated, filled with fraud and never cost what the gov't said it would cost.
Generalities won't make your argument.
Why? Why is any government program bloated, filled with fraud, and cost overruns? If we used that feeble argument to shut down Medicare, we'd have to shutdown the entire US Armed forces, and all the contractors that supply them! Do you think THAT would be a good idea, too? Increase oversight, and take the money out of politics, and 70% of all those problems goes away in less than a decade.

Cigna's numbers - and they were undisputed when the ACA was enacted.

I keep buying the facts. It's the Trumpeteers who are being made fools of. Do you know how many times Trump told his mindless minions about his healthcare plan? Hmm? He kept shoveling that shit from long before he ever took office, right up to his campaign for a second term, and his coprophagic puppies swallowed every steaming turd of it. He even campaigned ceaselessly during the midterms - LYING of course - telling his fools that congress was in session that very moment, ironing out the details of his "much better, much cheaper" healthcare plan, when everyone who wasn't a complete Trumpest tool knew that none of them were even in DC, all having gone home for the summer recess. It's the so-called "conservative" rhetoric that's been making fools out of people - and for more than a generation!

Generalities won't make your argument.

Why? Why is any government program bloated, filled with fraud, and cost overruns? If we used that feeble argument to shut down Medicare, we'd have to shutdown the entire US Armed forces, and all the contractors that supply them! Do you think THAT would be a good idea, too? Increase oversight, and take the money out of politics, and 70% of all those problems goes away in less than a decade.
Nice dodge and diversion, still looking for the federal govt to provide for you? He served 4 years generated 7 million NEW jobs, 900 billion per year in GDP dollar growth and had inflation less than 2%.

As I pointed out and you ignored Medicaid has been available for years and many of those signing up for ACA were eligible for Medicaid, Doesn't appear that you have any idea the role of the federal gov't for over 330,000,000 people.

Do you even know who is on Medicare? It isn't the U.S. Armed forces it is SENIORS over 65, how old are you?

Nice dodge and diversion, still looking for the federal govt to provide for you? He served 4 years generated 7 million NEW jobs, 900 billion per year in GDP dollar growth and had inflation less than 2%.

As I pointed out and you ignored Medicaid has been available for years and many of those signing up for ACA were eligible for Medicaid, Doesn't appear that you have any idea the role of the federal gov't for over 330,000,000 people.

Do you even know who is on Medicare? It isn't the U.S. Armed forces it is SENIORS over 65, how old are you?
As expected - like most of the "conservative" tools, you won't actually address the content of my post - i.e. how much BETTER the ACA is over what preceded it. Maybe if you just don't talk about it, those facts will just go away.
Good luck.

As expected - like most of the "conservative" tools, you won't actually address the content of my post - i.e. how much BETTER the ACA is over what preceded it. Maybe if you just don't talk about it, those facts will just go away.
Good luck.

Absolutely amazing how you cannot grasp the reality that medicaid picked up quite a few of those that are claimed under ACA not that it matters I'm going to remind you the role of the federal government is not to provide you with a personal responsibility issue, healthcare paid for by the federal taxpayers.

Do you have any idea where the federal government gets it's money? You tell me why it is my responsibility to pay for your health care and vice versa

Absolutely amazing how you cannot grasp the reality that medicaid picked up quite a few of those that are claimed under ACA not that it matters
Absolutely amazing how you WILL NOT GRASP the reality of how the ACA changed the game of healthcare coverage, altering who can be refused coverage, for how long, and for what reasons. Precisely the kind of intellectual dishonesty I'd expect from a self-proclaimed "conservative".
I'm going to remind you the role of the federal government is not to provide you with a personal responsibility issue, healthcare paid for by the federal taxpayers.
As I've already illustrated - at least for the educable who are not too myopic - sickness and disease is very often NOT a personal responsibility issue, and there can be no more glaring example of this than having come through a GLOBAL PANDEMIC!
Do you have any idea where the federal government gets it's money?
Spare me. Your needle is skipping. Either clean the record, or put one on that isn't badly gouged.
You tell me why it is my responsibility to pay for your health care and vice versa
It is all of our responsibilities to pay for everyone's healthcare - at least it is if we expect to count ourselves among the civilized societies on the planet. You clearly seem to not be in favor of joining the civilized societies of the world - which says a whole lot more about you than it does me ... and none of it good.

There are many polls on who you support for President in 2024 but haven't seen any that name the greatest President in your lifetime so how about it? Tell me who is your greatest President and why?

Mine has to be Reagan who took over an economy in a double dip recession with an extremely high misery index(inflation and unemployment). His economic policies started with the Recovery Act of 1981 and had ZERO gov't spending in it, total tax cuts for the American people leading to almost 17 million NEW jobs being created, inflation dropping under 4% from double digits, doubling GDP dollar growth on a budget that was 1 trillion dollars. Never benefited more from any President's economic policies and our foreign adversaries were put on notice leading to the tearing down of the Berlin Wall.

So rather than attack Reagan tell me your greatest President and why?
None of the ones I've been old enough to know anything about. Maybe Clinton when he readjusted and stopped trying to do lefty stuff and worked with the Republican Congress wasn't terrible. Almost any President post 9/11 has been horrible because our foreign policies utterly blow, on both sides of the aisle.

There are many polls on who you support for President in 2024 but haven't seen any that name the greatest President in your lifetime so how about it? Tell me who is your greatest President and why?

Mine has to be Reagan who took over an economy in a double dip recession with an extremely high misery index(inflation and unemployment). His economic policies started with the Recovery Act of 1981 and had ZERO gov't spending in it, total tax cuts for the American people leading to almost 17 million NEW jobs being created, inflation dropping under 4% from double digits, doubling GDP dollar growth on a budget that was 1 trillion dollars. Never benefited more from any President's economic policies and our foreign adversaries were put on notice leading to the tearing down of the Berlin Wall.

So rather than attack Reagan tell me your greatest President and why?
Obama.
Granted, I don't agree with some of the things done during his administration, but given the other options, the choice is easy.
And some of those things were more due to Congress than his administration.

Actually, that makes me wonder...has anyone ever tried to rank congress by session?

Bullshit. Having NO healthcare insurance - 45 MILLION Americans BEFORE the ACA - is a much worse failure.
Except that the 45 million figure is very misleading and for the most part a myth.
NO! That is isn't the point at all. It wouldn't matter if it were hyped as something as stupid as ... take your pick. As stupid as a vast concrete wall between Mexico and the US.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
No, it certainly does NOT - because market based is what we had before ACA ... and it was a FAILURE!!
Market based insurance worked very well until the US government tinkered with it a few too many times. I am old enough to remember when health insurance was not all that expensive. Ine the 1970s and early 1980s, I barely noticed the small deductions from my pay checks that went for health insurance and my average copay was $5.00. Ofcourse all that started going south with the ill conceived HMO system, and then was ten fold worse when the A,H.A. went into effect.
Zero evidence of that.
Medicare just for Seniors only is already a disaster and always on the verge of finanacial collapse. And one of the reasons private health insurance is so expensive is that the providers increase costs to make up for what they lose treating Medicare patients.

Except that the 45 million figure is very misleading and for the most part a myth.
For the last time - not my numbers. Cigna's numbers. Go argue with them.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
Try again.
Market based insurance worked very well ...
Never.
until the US government tinkered with it a few too many times. I am old enough to remember when health insurance was not all that expensive. Ine the 1970s and early 1980s, I barely noticed the small deductions from my pay checks that went for health insurance and my average copay was $5.00. Ofcourse all that started going south with the ill conceived HMO system, and then was ten fold worse when the A,H.A. went into effect.
Private Healthcare Insurance only "worked" for those who never actually needed it. That's the way it is. As soon as people became high risk, as in badly diseased, damaged, or chronic condition that the insurance company would have to pay forever for expensive treatment, the insurance company was free to either summarily drop them from coverage, their reimbursements would be denied, or their premiums skyrocketed. That's what happened everywhere across the country with private health insurance, and it is still happening today! The best customer of private health insurance is the person who needs it the least. That's why it's called a perverse incentive.
Medicare just for Seniors only is already a disaster and always on the verge of finanacial collapse. And one of the reasons private health insurance is so expensive is that the providers increase costs to make up for what they lose treating Medicare patients.
Well .... no.

Absolutely amazing how you WILL NOT GRASP the reality of how the ACA changed the game of healthcare coverage, altering who can be refused coverage, for how long, and for what reasons. Precisely the kind of intellectual dishonesty I'd expect from a self-proclaimed "conservative
Whether or not it changed the game is a matter of opinions, Yours seems to be that the federal gov't has the responsibility of paying for your personal responsibility issues, I don't
As I've already illustrated - at least for the educable who are not too myopic - sickness and disease is very often NOT a personal responsibility issue, and there can be no more glaring example of this than having come through a GLOBAL PANDEMIC!

Spare me. Your needle is skipping. Either clean the record, or put one on that isn't badly gouged.

It is all of our responsibilities to pay for everyone's healthcare - at least it is if we expect to count ourselves among the civilized societies on the planet. You clearly seem to not be in favor of joining the civilized societies of the world - which says a whole lot more about you than it does me ... and none of it good.
Always making excuses for poor liberal policies, global pandemic expenses were handled by the federal taxpayers, personal responsibilities never should be

Absolutely amazing how you WILL NOT GRASP the reality of how the ACA changed the game of healthcare coverage, altering who can be refused coverage, for how long, and for what reasons. Precisely the kind of intellectual dishonesty I'd expect from a self-proclaimed "conservative".

What is stunning is the fact that liberals are civics challenged, sell your state on UHC like many have, Personal choice is a responsibility and millions of Americans make that choice every day with good and bad results, that is what makes this country great, the freedom we have to do that

Obama.
Granted, I don't agree with some of the things done during his administration, but given the other options, the choice is easy.
And some of those things were more due to Congress than his administration.

Actually, that makes me wonder...has anyone ever tried to rank congress by session?
It does appear that many people are so civics challenged they have not idea what Congress does. Obama lost the House in 10-12-14-16 and the Congress in 14-16 giving us the worst recovery from a major recession in history

Americans make that choice every day with good and bad results, that is what makes this country great, the freedom we have to do that
What makes this country not so great are people who refuse to grasp how great this country is NOT, nor how great this country could be if they took their heads out of their asses. Here's some comparative analysis of how "great" our healthcare is compared to much of the rest of the civilized world. Try to take it all in - or keep your head buried. You have the freedom to do that - or the free-dumb to remain in denial.

Quayle, Reagan's campaign manager and DCI, Casey, along with Rob Owen and Mike Pence are all "tied in" by this blogger, an Indiana attorney
who committed suicide right after he posted about Trump's rising performance in the primaries for 2016,

Pence is quoted in the bottom of the piece, lamenting the loss of his close friend, Sevaas, a man very close to DCI Casey. The Reagan era was a rat's nest because
Bush was the director behind the actor-front man. O.S.S. spook Servaas controlled an Indianapolis brass plant...

APRIL 9, 1991

Money Laundering and Technology Sales to Iraq​

The committee heard testimony on a bank in Georgia that lent billions of dollars to Iraq, which then bought military technology with the money. Ten… read more

02:04:41MR. SERVAAS
But with the cease-fire that took place in August of '88, we were again contacted by the Matrix-Churchill people to say that what the Iraqis really wanted was a refinery. Now that peace was coming, they wanted to take several hundred million dollars worth of spent shells, artillery shells, a lot of copper cable that had been scrapped over the years -- Iraq had no such facility such as this -- and together with a lot of other scrap that came from automotive, since they used copper and brass where we in this country use aluminum.

"The Arms-to-Iraq affair concerned the uncovering of the government-endorsed sale of arms by British companies to Iraq, then under the rule of Saddam Hussein. The scandal contributed to the growing dissatisfaction with the Conservative government of John Major and the atmosphere of sleaze that contributed to the electoral landslide for Tony Blair's Labour Party at the 1997 general election. The whole affair also highlighted the weakness of the constitutional convention of individual ministerial accountability, leading to its codification as the Ministerial Code by the Blair Government.[1]

Following the first Gulf War of 1991 there was interest in the extent to which British companies had been supplying Saddam Hussein's administration with the materials to prosecute the war. Four directors of the British machine tools manufacturer Matrix Churchill were put on trial for supplying equipment and knowledge to Iraq, but in 1992 the trial collapsed, when it was revealed that the company had been advised by the government on how to sell arms to Iraq. Several of the directors were eventually paid compensation.

Matrix Churchill was an engineering company based in Coventry, with expertise in both the design and manufacture of precision machine tools. Established in 1913 by Walter Tattler and his brother in law Sir Harry Harley, the company had its origins in gauge and tool manufacture, the original company being known as Walter Tattler Ltd...."

Continued...
1656887299230.png

Why is there no list?

Back
Top Bottom