• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White City

Is White City, OR racist?

• Total voters
Since White City is in my backyard, I'm happy to try to put your mind at ease Bod.

George A White was a longtime national guard adjutant general and a military training camp was named after him. When the camp was disbanded and the unincorporated area established, it kept White's name. The real crime is that White City isn't even a city yet and it uses the word "city" in its name. Oh the shame.

Our culture wars are becoming more ridiculous the further we go.

My deck is the same right now... tore the old one down and building a new one... no railing for about two weeks.
During my years in construction I heard of more than one incident where a guy walked of the 2nd story opening which had no temporary safety railing.
Safety first.

During my years in construction I heard of more than one incident where a guy walked of the 2nd story opening which had no temporary safety railing.
Safety first.
The railing is going up... soon.

Since White City is in my backyard, I'm happy to try to put your mind at ease Bod.

George A White was a longtime national guard adjutant general and a military training camp was named after him. When the camp was disbanded and the unincorporated area established, it kept White's name. The real crime is that White City isn't even a city yet and it uses the word "city" in its name. Oh the shame.
I was born just up the road from this City and I never even knew it was there.

Within an hour drive from my house, we have White Settlement, Whitesboro, and Whitewright.

Safety first.

When we were kids, 1950s, we would routinely explore houses under construction. It was common to run across houses with basements and there was a door frame and no stairs or any other impediment to falling one level down. We lived………

They didn’t know you were there or that you are not there now………..:unsure:

White City, OR

The only White City in America... and there is no Black City. This struck me as possibly racist.

What are your thoughts?
There's another town in OR on the way to the coast called "Notty". There's a "Notty Restaurant" and a "Notty Church". There are a lot of Notty people there.

Yes, it is racist.

That city should be ordered to change its name within 24 hours.

Neither am I too thrilled with the "White House." I hope that our great President immediately changes its name back to the "Executive Mansion."

I guess that our great President's advisers have been so busy with other things that they have overlooked this example of racism. Shame on them!
I think your post is racist.

Within an hour drive from my house, we have White Settlement, Whitesboro, and Whitewright.
There is a Black Settlement and Blacksboro though... not sure about Whitewright.

Shit I need a place like that.

We bought it in 2019 (from Champion Homes in Athens, TX) and had it delivered and set up in 2020. It’s a 17’ x 56’ (952 sq. ft.) single-wide manufactured home.

The floor plan is similar to the link below, but ours is 17’ wide (and lacks those goofy posts in the dining room) - which includes a floor joist upgrade from 2x6 to 2x8 (16” oc).

White City, OR

The only White City in America... and there is no Black City. This struck me as possibly racist.

What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are you’ve phoned in this effort.

The VA hospital is there. White City is growing. When property and homes between Central Point and Ashland became too expensive for lower income people, developers set their sights on all the vacant land there and built affordable subdivisions. That was about 15 yrs ago. Everything is different now. You were right about one thing, the city lacks diversity and has its fair share of racists.

Back
Top Bottom