• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which branch of the armed forces would you join?

Which branch of the armed forces would you join?

• Total voters

samsmart

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If you were forced to join the armed forces, but could choose which branch to join, which would it be, and why?

If you were forced to join the armed forces, but could choose which branch to join, which would it be, and why?

Navy. I love the ocean, plus my grandfather was in the Navy during WWII and I grew up hearing his stories, which made me a little bias I suppose.

Air Force. I would have the greatest chance of staying technical.

Probably the Air Force.

I've always been interested in aircraft and spacecraft, so it seems the best fit.

Navy Jag Corps.

Army-they recruited me for the USAMU (Army shooting team) but I decided to go to law school instead.

I was in the navy, would do it again.

I would pick Army since I that is what I previously did, except I wouldn't choose something different from infantry,maybe go into a armor MOS.

it depends, if my country was threatened, i'd join army, if it wasn't, i'd go airforce.

Navy. I already have training for a good job that would most likely keep me out of combat.

Probably the Air Force.

I've always been interested in aircraft and spacecraft, so it seems the best fit.

I think you would have a higher chance actually in the Navy, since pretty much every job is technical to at least an extent there.

Army, either PsyOps or just as a counselor.

The few. The proud. The Marines. It would be great to get into that kind of physical shape while getting paid for it. Of course I'd wash out because of my age. But hey, we're pretending right? I might as well pretend that I'm 18 again.

I think you would have a higher chance actually in the Navy, since pretty much every job is technical to at least an extent there.

I thought about that. Than I thought about the possibility of being stuck on a boat for long periods of time without my family. If I was in the air force, I would at least get family housing.

Air Force. My Father served in the Air Force and I would like to attend the Academy in Colorado Springs.

I would never join the armed forces, but if I were forced it would be the army since both my grandpas served in it during WWII and Korea.

For me, it would be a tough choice between Navy and Air Force, but Air Force would probably win out. I almost joined when I was just out of high school, but changed my mind when I went home, thought about, and realized the federal government would essentially own me 24/7 until I was discharged.

In high school and shortly after, I went through this process. Took the ASVAB, twice. Had every recruiter in a 50 mile radius calling and knocking on my door. I talked to all of them with an open mind. I wanted to go where I would be more likely to be able to do what I wanted. The Marine recruiter was pretty straightforward: I'd be sitting behind a desk because I had tits. So, they were a no-go. The Navy was eliminated too, but I can't remember specifically why. So I debated between the Army and Air Force. Since I could not be a ground combatant, the Army didn't offer me as much as the Air Force did. The AF said I could be a pilot, so I chose them. Plus, I kind of favored the AF since my dad was in the AF.

If not for my thyroid that disqualified me, I'd be a Thunderbird. :(

USAF, I'd do it all over again....

Though a few years ago after the start of the Iraq war I was offered a warrant officer commission and an opportunity to fly helicopters in the army.....

I would have done it had I been single and not making boat loads of money. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom