• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which branch of the armed forces would you join?

Which branch of the armed forces would you join?

• Total voters
Yes, and it is the same way with the Navy as well. Now, there are electronic jobs in both the Army and Marine Corps, but if you want to learn a good trade, the Navy or Air Force are the outfits to join. I did meet a few airdale/avionics Marines in my travels. Not all Marines are grunts, I might add.

We have a marine Airdale poster here. He worked avionics on F/A-18s.

We have a marine Airdale poster here. He worked avionics on F/A-18s.

Years ago, I went to a 3-month training class on the fire control computer on the old A-6E attack aircraft. There were 3 marines, a sailor, and me in the class. Two of the marines were smart when it came to book learning, but when it came to practical know-how, they didn't pass muster, but I think it was because they had been to school most of their enlistment and had not yet been out in the field to actually apply their knowledge, which they would have discovered was merely theory and didn't work all the time in the real world. Now, the 3rd marine was a female, who was only trying to get pregnant so she could get discharged. I wonder why she joined up in the first place. That was back in the 80's. Just getting pregnant now doesn't automatically ensure an early out.

A-6's are awesome fully loaded. MIRs with a set of 82's is an awesome amount of firepower. Glad I did not work on them, but cool the way something that small could carry so much.

On the other hand, they sucked to work around on deck.

A-6's are awesome fully loaded. MIRs with a set of 82's is an awesome amount of firepower. Glad I did not work on them, but cool the way something that small could carry so much.

On the other hand, they sucked to work around on deck.

They were subsonic aircraft, but very accurate when doing a bombing run. They were also capable of firing rockets and missiles and sported machine guns, but they were merely used as attack bombers.

They still fly the EA6B, but it's for electronic counter measures.

They were subsonic aircraft, but very accurate when doing a bombing run. They were also capable of firing rockets and missiles and sported machine guns, but they were merely used as attack bombers.

They still fly the EA6B, but it's for electronic counter measures.

Their accuracy in bombing was largely based on ripple release. And yeah, the Prowler is still in use.

Back
Top Bottom