• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Ammedment Is The Most Important?

Not to mention that most if not all of them cannot be repealed, because they don't deal with manmade legislation. They deal with God given rights.

Anything can be taken if there is no or little opposition.

Not to mention that most if not all of them cannot be repealed, because they don't deal with manmade legislation. They deal with God given rights.

They can't be repealed, but they can be ignored if we let them be.

So how did the chicken come into existence?

(My vote is 1. Baby raptor Jesus)

I had eggs for breakfast and chicken for dinner. Since breakfast comes before dinner, clearly the egg came first.

Oh, and bugs were laying eggs long before there were chickens.

I had eggs for breakfast and chicken for dinner. Since breakfast comes before dinner, clearly the egg came first.

Oh, and bugs were laying eggs long before there were chickens.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you mean to tell me that the hokey pokey REALLY is what it's all about?

well i have argued this on the basis, that a restriction has been placed on government with these amendments, and the question i have is "how does the government start the repeal process, IF these amendments are restricted against them"

it would be like a criminal repealing a part of law ....he has violated.

I said this once before: What good are the Peoples weapons if a tyrannical President could convince the Military to go along with his tyrannical agenda?

An oath to the Constitution supersedes any order from the Commander in Chief, that is in violation of said oath. Those who believe in their oath, are not going to attack their fellow citizens, just because the CiC wants their guns taken away.

An oath to the Constitution supersedes any order from the Commander in Chief, that is in violation of said oath. Those who believe in their oath, are not going to attack their fellow citizens, just because the CiC wants their guns taken away.

and the ones who don't believe in the oath, or who have a different interpretation of it?

The bottom line is that the people of this great nation are not even ready for a peaceful revolution at the ballot box, let alone an armed rebellion. This is really just an academic issue anyway.

Which of all the Constitutional Amendments do you find the most important of them all? .

At this particular point, the 18th Amendment (or the 21st, the anti-18th) - as a reminder that a well-intended but disastrous in practice "law of the land" can and should be repealed.

If the people don't have weapons, how can they fight back?

Are you one of those people who think that small arms can stop a modern military?

Oh Boy.

The founders didn't hold up picket signs when the British came rolling in.

The founders also didn't have to deal with an opponent who had the capacity to wipe out entire cities with a single air plane.

Your point is valid. I believe, however, there are exceptional souls who cannot be bound by a government that suppresses the truth from the people. They will find the truth their evil government hides from them, and they will reveal it. It's true what you say, though, the mass of people are mentally blind, and if access to information is withheld they will not know.

How will they reveal it when all means of communication are controlled?

Information is power. A weapon is merely a tool.

Are you one of those people who think that small arms can stop a modern military?

Oh Boy.

The founders also didn't have to deal with an opponent who had the capacity to wipe out entire cities with a single air plane.

selective assassination is an effective response to assholes that does not involve fighting a military head to head

selective assassination is an effective response to assholes that does not involve fighting a military head to head

And how will the masses know who to kill when the government controls all media?

Again, a weapon is merely a tool. Information is where power actually resides.

Furthermore, if people are actually afraid of needing arms to defend themselves from the American army, that suggests a disturbingly large amount of contempt and hatred for such army.

To think that our Fellow Americans could do what the Soviets couldn't bring themselves to do is frightening. Basically, anyone taking this seriously thinks that our brave men and women are nothing but monsters.

And how will the masses know who to kill when the government controls all media?

Again, a weapon is merely a tool. Information is where power actually resides.

Furthermore, if people are actually afraid of needing arms to defend themselves from the American army, that suggests a disturbingly large amount of contempt and hatred for such army.

To think that our Fellow Americans could do what the Soviets couldn't bring themselves to do is frightening. Basically, anyone taking this seriously thinks that our brave men and women are nothing but monsters.

Hughy Long might disagree with you. and yes information is important. for example-what is the range from your sight to the target

that is key information:mrgreen:

The only revolution in America that has any chance of success is a revolution at the ballot box.

and that is only possible if enough people put aside apathy and actually stand up to the government and exercise the ability to fire the representatives who have earned a single digits approval rating. As long as they're lulled into thinking that only that other party is to blame, nothing will change.

Up to about the fourteenth amendment there is no seperation of importance.

I'm not sure if you're excluding the Fourteenth Amendment as an extremely important and necessary amendment here or not, but I'll go ahead: the Fourteenth Amendment guarantees citizenship, and the rights that come with it, to everyone born in the United States. Even with the Thirteenth Amendment abolishing slavery, prior behavior by states - North and South - and the federal government had basically established that even free blacks weren't citizens and had none of the rights that whites held. After the Civil War, this discrepancy allowed the South to enforce Black Codes, which enabled a de facto form of slavery - unemployed blacks could be arrested and "indentured" to whites. The Fourteenth granted all of the Constitution's rights to all Americans regardless of race, making this injustice untenable. Additionally, it in effect made it so that the states had to follow the Bill of Rights as well as the federal government.

I'd have to agree that the First Amendment is the most important amendment. All the other rights are also necessary, don't get me wrong, but the First implicitly establishes freedom of thought. All governments which have restricted freedom of expression and religion have in reality attempted to control the minds of men and force them to become subservient mentally as well as physically. The First Amendment sets man's mind a a sacred object, and rightly so - all human progress and liberty requires freedom of thought.

First gave you a voice, second gave you teeth.

The 4th and 10th are essentially dead.

I'd have to go with the 6th Amendment being the most important.

I'm not sure if you're excluding the Fourteenth Amendment as an extremely important and necessary amendment here or not, but I'll go ahead: the Fourteenth Amendment guarantees citizenship, and the rights that come with it, to everyone born in the United States. Even with the Thirteenth Amendment abolishing slavery, prior behavior by states - North and South - and the federal government had basically established that even free blacks weren't citizens and had none of the rights that whites held. After the Civil War, this discrepancy allowed the South to enforce Black Codes, which enabled a de facto form of slavery - unemployed blacks could be arrested and "indentured" to whites. The Fourteenth granted all of the Constitution's rights to all Americans regardless of race, making this injustice untenable. Additionally, it in effect made it so that the states had to follow the Bill of Rights as well as the federal government.

I'd have to agree that the First Amendment is the most important amendment. All the other rights are also necessary, don't get me wrong, but the First implicitly establishes freedom of thought. All governments which have restricted freedom of expression and religion have in reality attempted to control the minds of men and force them to become subservient mentally as well as physically. The First Amendment sets man's mind a a sacred object, and rightly so - all human progress and liberty requires freedom of thought.
Sorry if I was unclear with my statement. I actually did include the 14th with the others. The fourteenth amendment is a critical one IMHO because it has the effect of binding the constitution to the states, it ties the first, second, and all the way to the 13th to the states where they were initially only applied to the federal level of government. I don't think any of the first 14 amendments to the constitution have any particular order of importance as I find them all to be interdependent.

14th. The 14th says the rest of the amendments apply to the states.

The only revolution in America that has any chance of success is a revolution at the ballot box.

and that is only possible if enough people put aside apathy and actually stand up to the government and exercise the ability to fire the representatives who have earned a single digits approval rating. As long as they're lulled into thinking that only that other party is to blame, nothing will change.

That is a good point, if a bit naïve, all things considered.

I would say that given ideal circumstances and participation, the jury box might be a better tool than the ballot box for bringing about change and constitutional governance, just as Jefferson alluded to way back when.

I would say the most important amendment is the Ninth, both in spirit and letter.

Back
Top Bottom