• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Ammedment Is The Most Important?

Which of all the Constitutional Amendments do you find the most important of them all? Why is more important than all the others?

If you have something more to elaborate, list the most important amendments in order of importance and explain the reason for that order.

This subject of this thread is about your answer or anyone's answer, not necessarily just my answer to the thread question.

The Second Amendment is the most important, because without out it there is no way to defend the others.

The First Amendment is the second most important, because without it the best ideas could be threatened.

The third most important is the 4th Amendment, because it protects an environment we all need to compete with one another and without it a nation's security and innovation is at threat. The lawyer needs it with his client, businessman needs it with his proprietary conversations, the scientist and engineer need it in their development lab and the artist needs it in their study. Without privacy, our hardware and software are inferior, romantic conversations loose their intimacy, the list is endless. Privacy is not just high minded ideal, it's a scientific proof of protection for our business and economic security.

I haven’t read every post yet, so forgive me if I’m repeating:

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence …” - George Washington

Of course I realize some in this forum give no credibility to the words of our founders.

Most of the "which amendment is more important?" threads are started by 2ndA aficionados.

1st. There's no freedom with out it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom