• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Ammedment Is The Most Important?

You know the Mark Twain quote, "It's not so much the things we don't know as it is what we do know that ain't so."
Mark Twain is among my favorite writers actually because of his combination of stinging wit, literary license, and blistering political commentary that is just spot on. The funny thing is the conditions he spoke of still haven't changed much over a century later.

Which of all the Constitutional Amendments do you find the most important of them all? Why is more important than all the others?

If you have something more to elaborate, list the most important amendments in order of importance and explain the reason for that order.

This subject of this thread is about your answer or anyone's answer, not necessarily just my answer to the thread question.

The Second Amendment is the most important, because without out it there is no way to defend the others.

The First Amendment is the second most important, because without it the best ideas could be threatened.

The third most important is the 4th Amendment, because it protects an environment we all need to compete with one another and without it a nation's security and innovation is at threat. The lawyer needs it with his client, businessman needs it with his proprietary conversations, the scientist and engineer need it in their development lab and the artist needs it in their study. Without privacy, our hardware and software are inferior, romantic conversations loose their intimacy, the list is endless. Privacy is not just high minded ideal, it's a scientific proof of protection for our business and economic security.
What good would the 2nd Amendment do us if a tyrannical President were able to get the Armed Forces to enforce his tyrannical ideas? tks, chuck

The first protects the rest. The first is the most important.

Information is NOT power. It is key to wielding power effectively, but in and of itself not power. Information is like a transmission on a car or gears in another devise, it multiplies the EFFECTIVENESS of the application of power.

Without information, even the mightiest of Empires crumbles to the informed opponent. Without communication and information, groups can be isolated and destroyed. Without information, you are weak and flailing, therefore information is power.

I liken it to a man with much information and a little power can be as effective as a man with little information and a lot of power.

A man with little information and lots of power will make poor decisions and quickly be brought down.

A man with much information and little power can make informed decisions and act timely and thus wield much more power.

Information is power. It always has been and always will been. Why do you think that communication and access to information is the first thing a government cuts during rebellion?

Harsaws answer is the correct answer. The first amendment cannot exist without the second and visa versa. They are all equally important. The amendments we have are interdependent with one another to help protect us and our sovereign rights.

Without the first, the second can be controlled. As I pointed out earlier, the second is meaningless when everyone believes what the government wants you to believe. All rights rest upon the first as the first keeps people informed about what is happening. Without the first, the rest can be controlled by control of information. Notice that every dictatorship controls information to control their people.

Without the first, the second can be controlled. As I pointed out earlier, the second is meaningless when everyone believes what the government wants you to believe. All rights rest upon the first as the first keeps people informed about what is happening. Without the first, the rest can be controlled by control of information. Notice that every dictatorship controls information to control their people.
They also seize the people's weapons.

If they control access to information, how will anyone know?

If the people don't have weapons, how can they fight back?

The founders didn't hold up picket signs when the British came rolling in.

Do you suppose it is fair to describe picket signs as the cowards' replacement for swords and rifles?

In some cases, it is. Swords and rifles aren't always necessary, but every man willing to fight and die for his family or his freedom should have one in his closet.

If they control access to information, how will anyone know?
Your point is valid. I believe, however, there are exceptional souls who cannot be bound by a government that suppresses the truth from the people. They will find the truth their evil government hides from them, and they will reveal it. It's true what you say, though, the mass of people are mentally blind, and if access to information is withheld they will not know.

In my opinion, the II Amendment is the most important. Without it, the other amendments become nothing but symbolic tokens.

Information is NOT power. It is key to wielding power effectively, but in and of itself not power. Information is like a transmission on a car or gears in another devise, it multiplies the EFFECTIVENESS of the application of power.

A small motor with the proper gearing can move a load as effectively as large motor with little to no gearing.
I liken it to a man with much information and a little power can be as effective as a man with little information and a lot of power.
“The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” James Madison

First gave you a voice.
Second gave you teeth.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

the first 10.... why?

because of all the amendments, only the first 10 are declaratory and restrictive towards the federal government.
Not to mention that most if not all of them cannot be repealed, because they don't deal with manmade legislation. They deal with God given rights.

In my opinion, the II Amendment is the most important. Without it, the other amendments become nothing but symbolic tokens.
I said this once before: What good are the Peoples weapons if a tyrannical President could convince the Military to go along with his tyrannical agenda?

I said this once before: What good are the Peoples weapons if a tyrannical President could convince the Military to go along with his tyrannical agenda?

Afghanistan times 100. The military would be in their own backyard along with the police and politicians and all that entails and exposes. If it gets rough and tumble it will be very very bad. You cannot sustain a high tech army if the infrastructure for it is exposed and under constant attack. They wont be fighting people with no technological know how either. I personally wouldn't want to be here if that ever kicked off.

Back
Top Bottom