• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where to get the Best Burger in your town

It's 90 in the house, now, and I'm quite comfy.

Here's how I handle 90:

1) Take a cold shower
2) DO NOT DRY OFF
3) Go have a siesta in front of the fan
4) Wake up when dry
5) Work at night

And thank you for being a military family! :)

P.S.: Here in Minnesota, when it gets above freezing for the first time, you will see a few people out and about in shorts and a t-shirt. I am SO not kidding. By the 40's it's everybody, and they are singing "We're having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave ..."

Last edited:
Here's how I handle 90:

1) Take a cold shower
2) DO NOT DRY OFF
4) Wake up when dry
5) Work at night

P.S.: Here in Minnesota, when it gets above freezing for the first time, you will see a few people out and about in shorts and a t-shirt. I am SO not kidding. By the 40's it's everybody, and they are singing "We're having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave ..."

Its the same in the UK. Literally the minute we see the sun on those rare occasions everybody runs to the beach and splashes the sun screen on, even if its cold!

Here's how I handle 90:

1) Take a cold shower
2) DO NOT DRY OFF
4) Wake up when dry
5) Work at night

Thank you for your support!

I just got use to the heat - can't be naked and wet all day - we living the sprinkler and the pool - after a while it's amazing what the body really adjusts to. 90 in here with the AC is better than 110 out there in the sun, that's for sure!

Well, can be naked and wet all day but then I'm a hermit. :)

There's a lot else that plays into it but a friend of mine (who just joined the board) gave me a talk last weekend about how ... okay. I'm going to aim this at her because I can't remember the specifics.

Well, can be naked and wet all day but then I'm a hermit. :)

There's a lot else that plays into it but a friend of mine (who just joined the board) gave me a talk last weekend about how ... okay. I'm going to aim this at her because I can't remember the specifics.

That would be me. :)
The specific info is that my brother wrote a thesis on hypothermia a few decades ago and found out in the course of his research that most people react physiologically to the same temperatures in the same ways. The level of comfort or discomfort depends on our psychological response to those physical reactions. So when I start streaming with sweat I think, "OMG I'm gonna die!" while someone in Arkansas might think it's a nice summer day. When it's in the high 40s and I'm enjoying the warm spring weather, that same person might think s/he's on the verge of frostbite.

The specific info is that my brother wrote a thesis on hypothermia a few decades ago and found out in the course of his research that most people react physiologically to the same temperatures in the same ways. The level of comfort or discomfort depends on our psychological response to those physical reactions. So when I start streaming with sweat I think, "OMG I'm gonna die!" while someone in Arkansas might think it's a nice summer day. When it's in the high 40s and I'm enjoying the warm spring weather, that same person might think s/he's on the verge of frostbite.

Yikes where do you live the N. Pole. I'd be bundled up in the 40's

Yikes where do you live the N. Pole. I'd be bundled up in the 40's

Minnesota. :lol: When I was a kid and it got down to the 40s in the summer, my father would say, "Quit complaining. Next March you'll call this a warm day!" I always think it's funny that people are bundled up and cussing the weather if it hits 40 in summer, but when it hits 40 in spring they're out without jackets, reveling in the beautiful weather.

BTW, ads1981 didn't quite give you the whole flavor of weather insanity here. No matter how cold it gets, you will see people out without a hat and sometimes without a coat. Not homeless people, either -- just some guy striding through a 10-degree winter day in his suit coat. I'm pretty warm-blooded and it even stuns me.

The specific info is that my brother wrote a thesis on hypothermia a few decades ago and found out in the course of his research that most people react physiologically to the same temperatures in the same ways.

That's very interesting to learn - I had always assumed that people's bodies adapted so their physical responses were different.

I love a good burger and I have my favorite's. I especially like Drive-in burger joints with car hops. Im not talking Sonics with thier bland tasting burgers. Im talking Keller's and Prince's. Places that are stuck in a time. Prince's was on Lemmon Ave in Dallas. It was there since 1927 and closed last year. I think Prince's is still in business in Houston, at least I hope it is.

In Dallas we still have Keller's Drive-in with car hops that bring your burger, rings, shake, or beer on a tray to your car. Its awsome, delicious greasy burgers served on toasted poppy seed buns and Ice cold long neck beers. We go to the Keller's on Northwest Highway and Abrams.

I'm a vegetarian, but I've heard good things about the burgers at this place from some of my friends and coworkers:

TerraBurger Austin Texas : Local Organic Natural Fast Food Texas

Last edited:
Yep! That's us - me and my ducklings. The only pic I've ever posted on the net of everyone, I believe.
it was SO COLD when we were there, like in the 70's - I was freezing my ass of outside while we ate. . . but the burgers were GREAT

You all are a nice looking bunch:)

Man I am craving a burger right now. It is Midnight so I probably should refrain from going to get one. It can wait til tomm. lol

The best ones around these parts, though, come from my Grill.
I grind my own meats since I don't like ground beef much . . . I'll use leftovers, in fact - certain types. Pork and beef cuts that have been smoked on the grill make the best burgers - they have seasonings, lots of juices, and a bit of a woody flavor. Toss it in the grinder with some more seasonings (garlic, onion, pepper, thyme, worchester sauce) - it's fabulous dahlink

The best ones around these parts, though, come from my Grill.
I grind my own meats since I don't like ground beef much . . . I'll use leftovers, in fact - certain types. Pork and beef cuts that have been smoked on the grill make the best burgers - they have seasonings, lots of juices, and a bit of a woody flavor. Toss it in the grinder with some more seasonings (garlic, onion, pepper, thyme, worchester sauce) - it's fabulous dahlink

Hmmm. Smoked pork. Have you tried fried onions with that?

a shack, literally, called skinny's. five guys a close second.

The Good Reverend's back yard. :pimpdaddy:

LOL. I saw pictures of your burgers. We should have a Reverends back yard DP gathering. :p

Burgers on the grill, sausages, beers, pork, onion. Beats women that's for sure.

My wife makes a mean burger. She puts some sort of soup mix in the meat and adds some cheese and bacon. Its not exactly healthy, but it is yummy. However, when talking of grilled food, my preference is for a good ribeye, smoked sausage, or bratwurst.

Last edited:
My wife makes a mean burger. She puts some sort of soup mix in the meat and adds some cheese and bacon. Its not exactly healthy, but it is yummy. However, when talking of grilled food, my preference is for a good ribeye, smoked sausage, or bratwurst.

I wonder if she uses Onion Soup Mix? That can be pretty good.

<ahem> Despite the fact that Mickey's Diner is RIGHT downtown, I vote St. Clair's Broiler over in Minneapolis.

Mickey's Diner

St. Clair Broiler

I don't mean to turn into the Thread Necromancer here, but I do feel some obligation to mention that the St. Clair Broiler is over here on the saintly side of the river, not in Minneapolis.

I'm partial to Fuddruckers.

Ah. See, get me out of my apartment, I have no idea where I am.

I don't mean to turn into the Thread Necromancer here, but I do feel some obligation to mention that the St. Clair Broiler is over here on the saintly side of the river, not in Minneapolis.

Back
Top Bottom