• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where to get the Best Burger in your town

Here's another good place in Dallas:

Kellers1.jpg

1003538994_6106282fc1.jpg

It is on Northwest Highway just west of White Rock Lake.

A place called The Red Rooster. Been there since I was a little kid, it's a Mom and Pop joint.

They make the best chili-cheeseburger around. They have a lot of good food in fact, at reasonable prices.

In point of fact, though, the very best burgers in town come off of my grill at the house. :mrgreen:

Thanks Winston, I forgot about Burger House. I don't make it to the Bubble (that is what some of us locals refer to the Park cities as) much since I moved to the burbs. Back in the 80's we used to go there regularly. I will have to make it a point to stop there next time Im in the area.

LOL I haven't heard that term "the bubble" in a while. I grew in the bubble so did my mom and when she was going to SMU her and my dad went to Jack's Burger House:)

Here's another good place in Dallas:

Kellers1.jpg

1003538994_6106282fc1.jpg

It is on Northwest Highway just west of White Rock Lake.

I covered Keller's in the OP. I love Keller's, I am going there for lunch today. Gonna have a #5 with rings and an ice cold long neck beer or two.

LOL I haven't heard that term "the bubble" in a while. I grew in the bubble so did my mom and when she was going to SMU her and my dad went to Jack's Burger House:)

Cool, Do you remember when Shuck and Jive on Greenville and Lovers served a huge basket of shrimp with fries for $5 ? They also had a seafood plater called the Rudy's platter loaded with crab, crawfish and shrimp with potatos and corn. They are still there but the last time I went the food sucked and it was over priced. And the bar tender had a bad attitude.

Cool, Do you remember when Shuck and Jive on Greenville and Lovers served a huge basket of shrimp with fries for $5 ? They also had a seafood plater called the Rudy's platter loaded with crab, crawfish and shrimp with potatos and corn. They are still there but the last time I went the food sucked and it was over priced. And the bar tender had a bad attitude.

Oh yeah I remember that. I've actually worked as a bartender on Lowest Greenville at a place called The Winedale aka The Swinedale.

Remember S&D Oyster Co. over on McKinney? I heard they are shutting down because of the oil spill in the gulf.

Winston since you grew up in the bubble you must be familer with Kuby's. I go there to buy long rolls and sausage. I love Kubys.

Oh yeah I remember that. I've actually worked as a bartender on Lowest Greenville at a place called The Winedale aka The Swinedale.

Remember S&D Oyster Co. over on McKinney? I heard they are shutting down because of the oil spill in the gulf.

No way, you worked at the winedale. Back in the 80's and early ninties I was a regular there.

Winston since you grew up in the bubble you must be familer with Kuby's. I go there to buy long rolls and sausage. I love Kubys.

Oh man I've been going there since I was a baby. Snider Plaza was our old stomping grounds when we were kids, we could walk there. I remember when The New Fine Arts Theater XXX was there.

Is the Winedale still there? On lowest Greenville that is?

Last edited:
No way, you worked at the winedale. Back in the 80's and early ninties I was a regular there.

I didn't work there until 2000 and something. I was there the other day hanging with Lota. The credit card machine was broken I had no cash on me. She just bought my tab;)

There is Bill Jumbo Burger which looks like a tiny little shack next to a bar which has the best burgers. There local chains Ron's Hamburgers and Goldies Patio Grill which make great burgers and sides. And There is Smokys Jumbo Burger‎ which also makes great burgers.

In the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, my favorite place to get a burger is this: Tyler's Restaurant & Taproom

It's a local chain, with only five restaurants, and folks go there mainly for their garlic fries and incredible beer selection. However, their burgers are fantastic! You can see the awards they've won here: Tyler's Restaurant & Taproom

n50769386990_1792511_4087.jpg

n50769386990_1792488_4533.jpg

My personal favorites: Aventinius on draft with Blue Cheese and Bacon Burger, or the Dragon's Bite draft with the Wild West Burger - both piled high with a side of garlic fries.

Chubby Burgers in Fremont, CA - My hubby's favorite place. We ate there on vacation.

And there's a place called Mojo's in Little Rock, Arkansas which is fabulous - not for their burgers per say which are still really good, but for their onion rings - in tandem they're divine.
Picture105.jpg

Chubby Burgers in Fremont, CA - My hubby's favorite place. We ate there on vacation.

And there's a place called Mojo's in Little Rock, Arkansas which is fabulous - not for their burgers per say which are still really good, but for their onion rings - in tandem they're divine.
Picture105.jpg

Is that you and the family? Great looking family, AS!

We don't get up to this area too often, but when we're driving through, it's worth it to stop in for one of their cheap, famous burgers. They're like buttah. I think they're like $2.

ColeFarmsMenu.gif

Is that you and the family? Great looking family, AS!

We don't get up to this area too often, but when we're driving through, it's worth it to stop in for one of their cheap, famous burgers. They're like buttah. I think they're like $2.

ColeFarmsMenu.gif

Yep! That's us - me and my ducklings. The only pic I've ever posted on the net of everyone, I believe.
it was SO COLD when we were there, like in the 70's - I was freezing my ass of outside while we ate. . . but the burgers were GREAT

Restaurant serves lion burgers despite protests

By MICHELLE PRICE (AP) – 1 day ago

PHOENIX — A restaurant owner who put lion burgers on the menu in honor of the World Cup has felt a roar of anger from outraged animal rights activists.

Cameron Selogie, owner of the Il Vinaio restaurant in Mesa, served burgers made with African lion this week as a nod to the tournament in South Africa. Reservations sold out, with a waiting list 100 long.

But the burgers also attracted international attention and the scorn of animal rights activists, who picketed outside the restaurant. Selogie has even received some death threats.

And now Selogie himself is questioning whether the meat was fair game.

"I was led to believe they were not hunted, they were not shot, they were not abused," Selogie said. "I feel I was misled by this."

Serving African lion meat is perfectly legal, said Michael Herndon, a spokesman for the Food and Drug Administration. Game meat such as lion can be sold as long as the species isn't endangered, and the CDC hasn't prohibited importation of African lion, although its Asiatic cousin is on the endangered list.

Selogie described the meat as tasting slightly "gamey," almost like a savory beef jerky. About 20 percent of Il Vinaio's patty is ground beef, because the lion meat was so lean, Selogie said.

The Associated Press: Restaurant serves lion burgers despite protests

I can hear Tony the Tiger saying "There Great"

it was SO COLD when we were there, like in the 70's - I was freezing my ass of outside while we ate. . . but the burgers were GREAT

I can't stop laughing. Seriously. In the 70's and you were freezing. OMG my sides. I think I sprained a dimple.

Signed,

A Native Minnesotan

I can't stop laughing. Seriously. In the 70's and you were freezing. OMG my sides. I think I sprained a dimple.

Signed,

A Native Minnesotan

YES! It was frigid!! Everyone complained it was cold - we eventually bought some sweaters for the kids.
'Cus we're frum Ark and saw whur is HAWT.

It's 90 in the house, now, and I'm quite comfy.

YES! It was frigid!! Everyone complained it was cold - we eventually bought some sweaters for the kids.
'Cus we're frum Ark and saw whur is HAWT.

It's 90 in the house, now, and I'm quite comfy.

Ah so you live in hell:mrgreen:

Ah so you live in hell:mrgreen:

Indeed we do! LOL!

My husband came back from being in Iraq for over a year and suffered severe body-cramps for several weeks. The humidity is a bitch.

Last edited:
Indeed we do! LOL!

My husband came back from being in Iraq for over a year and suffered severe body-cramps for several weeks. The humidity is a bitch.

Honestly it ain't much better down here in Dallas. We just had a stretch of 100 degree days.

Honestly it ain't much better down here in Dallas. We just had a stretch of 100 degree days.

UGGG - I went to Ft Hood a few times and it was worse than around here - absolutely baking.

Back
Top Bottom