• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would you buy if you had an extra 3 grand laying around?

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I bought this @$2,650:

PCGS Certificate Verification

The photo doesn't capture the mirror finish in the background very well.

PCGS Coin Information
PCGS # 7015
Date, mintmark 1867
Denomination $1
Country The United States of America
Grade PR62
Mintage 625
Holder Type Standard
Population
PCGS Price GuideSM Value: $3,100

237830-uscoin-zoom-0.JPG

Last edited:
MVC-018F.jpg

Just unsure of which caliber. I've fondled a few, hands down sweetest revolvers made.

A new gaming laptop, a handgun, and a rifle.

200 shares of huntsman Corp

That 3k will be worth 5k in 2-3 years

Stock in any company involved in virtual reality (HTC, Google, etc.). It's the next big thing.

I'd buy myself an additional $3,000 worth of financial security by keeping it in my checking account and using it for some future necessity.

I am not much into consumerism.

I'd buy myself an additional $3,000 worth of financial security by keeping it in my checking account and using it for some future necessity.

Oh play the game. :lol: Assume you were already completely financially secure.

Well, it would end up in the college fund. But, assuming all things are more or less paid for...I guess I would go with a TKO600 5 speed manual transmission for the corvette. I do that, and I would no longer want a newer corvette so badly...

An intelligently acquired coin collection adds to one's financial security. I do recommend insurance if you want to keep your coins around to view and study.

don't know the year of that les paul '59 reissue
just searched for an image using that term
if i had the spare $ to fund such a purchase, i would have to play it first to make sure it sounded and played great ... would then likely replace the pickups with OX4s if there was enough from the windfall still unspent

i'm guessing you're a VH fan
admire his abilities. unfortunately, my 'skills' tend to be more aligned with slowhand ... emphasis on the 'slow'
i do happen to own a shredder guitar. a san dimas charvel model 5A. it sports the autographs of most of the shredder era guitarists except VH and Guthrie Govan. had no idea it would become an extremely collectible instrument when i started asking guys to sign it
if i were able to play that style, i would contact Scott Splawn at Splawn amplification (Dallas, NC) and ask him to craft THE amp for that style. he loves and plays that music style and began building amps from scratch after becoming known for modifying marshalls to mimic VH's amp

Last edited:
I'd invest it in equipment for one of my two businesses. I'm in need of a dry ice machine for shipping of my perishables for one thing. Tired of purchasing the dry ice and the nearest vendor is 40 minutes away.

Also wouldn't mind a silent air compressor in the shop. I'm tired of the Sears upright that vibrates the walls when it kicks on.

Actually will be getting these two items very soon regardless of an influx of cash. But an influx of cash would be nice.

New golf clubs...from the driver down to the sand wedge. (I'd keep my putter.)

Some of my old ones actually have tape on the end near the hosel...because of fraying oin the graphite shafts.

Probably a new bag also.

xl7000-complete-set.jpg

And something real nice for Nancy, too...for putting up with me.

Eh, I dunno. Strippers and cocaine? I'm pretty full up on toys right now. Maybe one of those smart televisions.

Back
Top Bottom