• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would you buy if you had an extra 3 grand laying around?

Just wondering, why autocross? Isn't there a road circuit near you? It would seem a lot more fun to run on a road circuit to me.

Nearest road course is 3.5 hours away and has only a few open track days a year.

Autocross is 25 minutes away and runs almost every weekend in the summer. The facility we mostly use is essentially a small road course. Its a training facility for truck drivers. We also sometimes use a track that the State Police use for training.

I've reached that point in my life that if I want something, I just buy it. Which of course, makes it pretty hard on anyone who wants to buy me something for Christmas.

I've reached that point in my life that if I want something, I just buy it. Which of course, makes it pretty hard on anyone who wants to buy me something for Christmas.

but what would you buy yourself with a spare $3000

I'm thinking on a used 400 Burgman. Their new price is ridiculous, you could buy a small car! Mainly for pootling around country lanes, or nipping into town, but capable of a mile-munching run through France or Spain depending which ferry I catch.

Nearest road course is 3.5 hours away and has only a few open track days a year.

Autocross is 25 minutes away and runs almost every weekend in the summer. The facility we mostly use is essentially a small road course. Its a training facility for truck drivers. We also sometimes use a track that the State Police use for training.

Ahh. OK. Gotcha. The State Police track sounds interesting.

I guess I'm lucky. I have a 1.4 mile 12 turn road course just 1/2 hour up the road, with at least 4 Porsche club sessions a season, and with all the other clubs accepting non-members, and the track's open track days, just about as many as I'd want to attend, during the week days.

I'd buy a very nice customized trophy to keep in my house for some exotic sport I've never played. When I have company over, I can make up really fun stories about how I won it.

I'd have to add a couple hundred.....

13DOETSTRA_1_large.jpg

I'd save it for one of these:

section-exterior-primary-touch.jpg

and I'm over halfway there, so the 3k would certainly help.

The Panasonic/Leica 42.5mm 1.2 and the Olympus 40-150mm 2.8

Oh, and maybe a Fresca.

Probably start to move on these puppies: The Martin Logan ESL-X. It would cover most of the cost:

g839EMESLD-F.jpg

Nothing like Electrostatic speakers.

Some day. Some day.

Probably start to move on these puppies: The Martin Logan ESL-X. It would cover most of the cost:

g839EMESLD-F.jpg

Nothing like Electrostatic speakers.

Some day. Some day.

what makes electrostatic speakers superior?

what makes electrostatic speakers superior?

Soundstage and positioning immediately come to mind. My first sit-down with a mid-range Martin Logan set was nothing short of extraordinary. I was listening to some soft jazz and I could have sworn that the band was right in front of me. Furthermore, it seemed to make female vocalists absolutely shine. If I may be permitted to use an analogy, it is like being presented with 3D and/or VR technology without it feeling gimmicky or incomplete.

Nothing. Well...id buy maybe 2 grand of debt and put the rest into maintenance of my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Panasonic/Leica 42.5mm 1.2 and the Olympus 40-150mm 2.8

Oh, and maybe a Fresca.

I love Fresca. Don't know why it ain't more popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have needed one of these badly, but I had to cut a big check to the IRS this year.

mfs20d_6.jpg

I just finished up my 14' crabbing skiff, and have a 16' going together right now.

I'd take my elderly neighbors out to dinner more often, and one of my friends needs a motorized wheelchair. If anything is left over, I'd buy a lollipop.

Soundstage and positioning immediately come to mind. My first sit-down with a mid-range Martin Logan set was nothing short of extraordinary. I was listening to some soft jazz and I could have sworn that the band was right in front of me. Furthermore, it seemed to make female vocalists absolutely shine. If I may be permitted to use an analogy, it is like being presented with 3D and/or VR technology without it feeling gimmicky or incomplete.

thanks. had no idea
now you have me looking for electrostatic headphones ... especially if they might make Diana Krall sound even better

Stax. They require a unique amp to power the headphones, because of its plug.

I've decided that I would like a good, quality video camera. And some editing software.

There are so many things I could record for posterity! Like kittens, or particularly interesting conversations. Maybe a podcast or something?

Well, I'm down to about three grand left from my backpay. I'm going to spend it on college classes.

After a less than successful vacation my wife has officially announced her retirement from tent camping.

She wants a Pop-Up now.

A decent used Pop-Up can be had for,...

Sorry Artillery Luger. Maybe someday,...

Well if I HAVE to buy something and not save it would be an AR15, new Tablet and a husqvarna Blower/Vac and Pole saw.

Back
Top Bottom