• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What would you buy if you had an extra 3 grand laying around?

Eh, I dunno. Strippers and cocaine? I'm pretty full up on toys right now. Maybe one of those smart televisions.

glad to see you are a responsible money manager

glad to see you are a responsible money manager

I assumed "add it to my investment portfolio" wasn't the sort of answer this thread was looking for.

I bought this @$2,650:

PCGS Certificate Verification

The photo doesn't capture the mirror finish in the background very well.

PCGS Coin Information
PCGS # 7015
Date, mintmark 1867
Denomination $1
Country The United States of America
Grade PR62
Mintage 625
Holder Type Standard
Population
PCGS Price GuideSM Value: $3,100

237830-uscoin-zoom-0.JPG

I'd pay rent with all of it.

I assumed "add it to my investment portfolio" wasn't the sort of answer this thread was looking for.

i meant what i posted

anyone could waste it on food, rent, and utilities

i meant what i posted

anyone could waste it on food, rent, and utilities

That's a bad response anyway. One already buys food, rent and utilities.

If you use it for that, you'll STILL have an extra three grand to spend on something.

I'd travel. Poland, maybe.

Eh, I dunno. Strippers and cocaine? I'm pretty full up on toys right now. Maybe one of those smart televisions.

Hookers and cocaine. Much better than strippers and cocaine.

I opened a Bitcoin account for a couple hundred to have an alternative source of online purchasing power and the last time I checked it's been valued at over $2500. Fort some reason Bitcoin goes up and down like crazy in value.

$3K isnt really enough for a proper overseas vacation so I would just go on a road trip with it. Gas up the car (or bike), drive around for a few weeks, check out the sights, sleep in motels and eat at roadside diners.

LEBLzCn.jpg

I'd buy a trip to Paris for a romantic 20th anniversary with my wife.

A used Mazda Miata to autocross

Personally I would NOT buy hookers or cocaine. happily married to a very attractive female and I gave up the other thing 21 years ago.
I think a romantic road trip might be in order.

It's Hookers and blow dude, hookers and blow. :lol:

handb.jpg

Hey there was once a time in my life where I briefly engaged in sexual tourism.
Good times, but an old bald gray guy with a gut and a goatee doesn't exactly trigger all that much excitement in the working girls.
They see a guy like me, it's like a big neon sign lights up telling them they should get excited about the size of my wallet, not me willy.

That sorta takes all the fun out of it, at least for me, and I can't mess with the marching powder, very risky for my old ticker!
I'm not so soggy that I can't perform. I can still huff and puff and do all kinds of "damage" but I'm not clad in six pack abs and rippling shoulders anymore.
Besides, I am happily married. I am very lucky that my wife is reasonable enough that she says, "Lookee all you want, no touch-ee."

Early 90s are the best, and can be had for CHEAP.

I considered it, but it would be too much of a step back for me, and take me too long to get it "up to speed" for my tastes. Would likely involved some form of forced induction and nitrous. Once you've gone past 400 foot pounds of torque....it's really....REALLY hard to go back.

Early 90s are the best, and can be had for CHEAP.

I considered it, but it would be too much of a step back for me, and take me too long to get it "up to speed" for my tastes. Would likely involved some form of forced induction and nitrous. Once you've gone past 400 foot pounds of torque....it's really....REALLY hard to go back.

I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday who is big into E36 M3's. He just sold the 600hp turbo motor out of one of his cars and is currently building a normally aspirated motor to replace it that will produce several hundred HP less. He said he was sick of going to the track and spending all his time watching temperature gauges instead of having fun.

I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday who is big into E36 M3's. He just sold the 600hp turbo motor out of one of his cars and is currently building a normally aspirated motor to replace it that will produce several hundred HP less. He said he was sick of going to the track and spending all his time watching temperature gauges instead of having fun.

Yeah, 600 hp from an originally 280hp motor is a big jump. And I agree, na is the way to go.

An early 90s miata that's been lightened up a bit would be fast as hell with just 250hp, but even that would require a LOT of work/money.

Yeah, 600 hp from an originally 280hp motor is a big jump. And I agree, na is the way to go.

An early 90s miata that's been lightened up a bit would be fast as hell with just 250hp, but even that would require a LOT of work/money.

a friend has been pining for one of these to drop in an early miata; any chance you are familiar with it?
V8 Monster Kit

http://monstermiata.webs.com/

a friend has been pining for one of these to drop in an early miata; any chance you are familiar with it?
V8 Monster Kit

http://monstermiata.webs.com/

Not in a Miata, but I've seen a few porche 944s with. What I can say is, the entire drive train also will need replacing. Tranny, drive shaft, rear diff, everything. That stuff wasn't made to handle that much torque. Also messes with the handling, though I've never driven one, so I can't say.

Interesting question, OP... dunno. I'm not a 'buying expensive **** for myself' type of gal.

Instead of a race car I might try to find myself a nice Artillery Luger or Broomhandle Mauser pistol.

I would buy a new Sony Vaio laptop as my old HP is on its last legs I fear. I prefer to use my desktop PC when I am home, but when we travel I do enjoy having my computer games, information, Facebook, e-mail, and other capabilities with me in a form more easy to use than a tablet or smart phone.

But I think I might invest in a smart phone for the first time and use the remainder of the money to pay the fees on it for a couple of years. It is difficult to carry a laptop in your pocket.

Just wondering, why autocross? Isn't there a road circuit near you? It would seem a lot more fun to run on a road circuit to me.

Back
Top Bottom