• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if a Republican said this?

No, we expose its lies and misrepresentations. Hurts, don't it.

Poll: Fox Most Trusted Political News Source

Liberals received some more bad news this week as a new Suffolk University poll revealed that Fox News is the most trusted political news source among those surveyed.

FOX News – 28%

CNN – 18%

Undecided -12%

NBC – 10%

Other -10%

MSNBC — 7%

ABC — 6%

CBS — 6%

C-SPAN — 3%

Hurts, don't it

Liberals received some more bad news this week as a new Suffolk University poll revealed that Fox News is the most trusted political news source among those surveyed.

FOX News – 28%

CNN – 18%

Undecided -12%

NBC – 10%

Other -10%

MSNBC — 7%

ABC — 6%

CBS — 6%

C-SPAN — 3%

They're less untrustworthy than CBS. That's what I call damning with faint praise.

I know you want to look at it as proof that they're right and all those evil horrible liberals are worse than Stalin and Hitler put together with Idi Amin, but it just isn't.

ATLANTA Newt Gingrich, campaigning at the state Capitol today, said he would deepen Savannah’s port if he’s elected president.

Nobody made the jokes you claimed would most certainly occur.

Where are the 'endless' threads mocking Mr Gingrich? I wonder?

And those campaign commercials using Mr gingrich's position - also non-existent

That means YOU FAIL. Epically.

I think the point was those ports are not in/on the gulf. Not that someone mentioned deepening ports

Wow...I'm so tired of the Conservative persecution complex! Everything that happens at all turns in to a snivel fest of "if this was us waaaah".
This from the part that every time a mass murder happens screams it was a conservative when usually it was rather a radical Muslim, a lefty or just a nut.

If you are referring to "I can see Russia from my house" she never even said it. That was Tina Fey on SNL. I saw the episode, it was friggin hilarious. Her Palin character was probably the funniest political impersonation ever. Well maybe. Dana Carvey doing Bush senior was awesome too.

But the closest Palin came to this comment was stating that you can see parts of Russia from some places in Alaska, which is true. What was truly disappointing is that it was attributed to Palin herself, and nobody in the media or the primaries bothered to check up on it. To this day there are people here on this forum who will insist it was Palin.

actually i was not referring to the quote about Russia.

but back in 2010 she made a gaffe that the united states should stand by its "north Korean Allies".

Sarah Palin in North Korea gaffe - Telegraph

FOX News – 28%

CNN – 18%

Undecided -12%

NBC – 10%

Other -10%

MSNBC — 7%

ABC — 6%

CBS — 6%

C-SPAN — 3%

Hurts, don't it

Proof positive that Fox is good at propaganda. That makes my point, not yours.

She was mocked because it is stupid to think that merely seeing a part of Russia gives on "insight" into Russia

This was the same interview in which she responded to the question "Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?" with "In what sense?"

A perfect example. Not only was Palin so intellectual lazy that she obviously didn't read enough to know what the Bush doctrine was, but she was so intellectually dishonest that she couldn't simply admit it. There's nothing wrong with admitting you don't know something. It's the foundation of learning. But of course conservative have contempt for learning and scholarship.

That sums up the intellectual bankrupty of conservatism.

we would have endless threads saying how stupid republicans are....

1) It's ridiculously obvious that both Democrats and Republicans indulge in partisanship and partisan thinking.

2) There's plenty of right-wing / conservative / pro-Republican media these days. You can't simultaneously proclaim the popularity of Fox News, Hannity and Limbaugh types and proclaim that the media passes up on any opportunity to slam Obama.

"we need to deepen “our ports all along the Gulf — in places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah, Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida.”

we would have endless threads saying how stupid republicans are. It would be on the evening news every night for a week. it would be the blunt of jokes by comedians and left wing opinion shows for months. It would be used by democrats in their campaign commercials. But because Obama said it it gets swept under the rug hoping no one noticed

I don't believe a Republican would have said it - in my experience, Republicans tend to be more knowledgeable about their country and have more pride in their country.

Besides, Obama has a habit of his mouth getting out in front of his brain. That's not to say that if he thought about things before he spoke, he'd be any better, just that he seems to say an awful lot of stupid things off the cuff.

FOX News – 28%

CNN – 18%

Undecided -12%

NBC – 10%

Other -10%

MSNBC — 7%

ABC — 6%

CBS — 6%

C-SPAN — 3%

Hurts, don't it

I find that poll odd in that C-SPAN has the lowest rating. Isn't all C-SPAN does is document government proceedings without commentary? Does that mean that only 3% trust the politicians C-SPAN covers?

I find that poll odd in that C-SPAN has the lowest rating. Isn't all C-SPAN does is document government proceedings without commentary? Does that mean that only 3% trust the politicians C-SPAN covers?

yeah, c-span is pretty much a feed from various congressional functions, with a few odds and ends to fill out time slots. Though it's probably more a reflection of viewership numbers and fanboys voting up the 'home team".

Actual news outlets never fair well in those things

2) There's plenty of right-wing / conservative / pro-Republican media these days. You can't simultaneously proclaim the popularity of Fox News, Hannity and Limbaugh types and proclaim that the media passes up on any opportunity to slam Obama.

yes we do but they are what i call preaching to the choir. The problem is with the low information voter the one who get their news from CNN as they are stuck in a doctors waiting room, or 10 min of the evening news as they are waiting for the weather report or sports scores, or the head lines from a news paper. All those market them selves as unbiased but the truth is they are all on the left. Talk radio and shows like OReilly and Hannity don't try to fool anyone by saying they are unbiased you know what your getting with them

Last edited:
I don't believe a Republican would have said it - in my experience, Republicans tend to be more knowledgeable about their country and have more pride in their country.

Besides, Obama has a habit of his mouth getting out in front of his brain. That's not to say that if he thought about things before he spoke, he'd be any better, just that he seems to say an awful lot of stupid things off the cuff.

The reversomeme in full flower.

If you are referring to "I can see Russia from my house" she never even said it. That was Tina Fey on SNL. I saw the episode, it was friggin hilarious. Her Palin character was probably the funniest political impersonation ever. Well maybe. Dana Carvey doing Bush senior was awesome too.

But the closest Palin came to this comment was stating that you can see parts of Russia from some places in Alaska, which is true. What was truly disappointing is that it was attributed to Palin herself, and nobody in the media or the primaries bothered to check up on it. To this day there are people here on this forum who will insist it was Palin.

On the other hand she also referred to the Death Panel in Obamacare and lo and behold ....

She was mocked because it is stupid to think that merely seeing a part of Russia gives on "insight" into Russia

This was the same interview in which she responded to the question "Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?" with "In what sense?"
I bet she knew Russia doesn't have a border on the Gulf Of Mexico.

ATLANTA Newt Gingrich, campaigning at the state Capitol today, said he would deepen Savannah’s port if he’s elected president.

Nobody made the jokes you claimed would most certainly occur.

Where are the 'endless' threads mocking Mr Gingrich? I wonder?

probably got buried under his "I'll colonize the moon" comments.

There is no difference between Palin and Tina Fey pretending to be Palin because of Poe's Law.

EDGAR ALLAN TEA PARTY - T H E   L  E  F  T  -  W  I  N  G    N  O  I  S  E    M  A  C  H  I  N  E

in a story about President Obama’s appearance on the Tonight Show, the Associated Press actually added words to a quote from Obama in order to remove geographical gaffes. This afternoon, the AP admitted making an addition to the quote:Original quote:

“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf – places like Charleston, S.C., or Savannah, Ga., or Jacksonville, Fla. – if we don’t do that, these ships are going to go someplace else and we’ll lose jobs.”

Here’s the quote after a member of the elite Associated Press Obama Gaffe Repair Team sprang into action:

“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf – (and in) places like Charleston, S.C., or Savannah, Ga., or Jacksonville, Fla. – if we don’t do that, these ships are going to go someplace else and we’ll lose jobs.”

Notice, however, that the AP only admitted to adding words and that it was wrong to do so, but the admission contained no apology for the Obama lapdogging:

in a story about President Obama’s appearance on the Tonight Show, the Associated Press actually added words to a quote from Obama in order to remove geographical gaffes. This afternoon, the AP admitted making an addition to the quote:Original quote:

“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf – places like Charleston, S.C., or Savannah, Ga., or Jacksonville, Fla. – if we don’t do that, these ships are going to go someplace else and we’ll lose jobs.”

Here’s the quote after a member of the elite Associated Press Obama Gaffe Repair Team sprang into action:

“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf – (and in) places like Charleston, S.C., or Savannah, Ga., or Jacksonville, Fla. – if we don’t do that, these ships are going to go someplace else and we’ll lose jobs.”

Notice, however, that the AP only admitted to adding words and that it was wrong to do so, but the admission contained no apology for the Obama lapdogging:

If they put the parentheses around the wods "and in" then it's an obvious admission that those words were added in. It's a common literary convention.

I want every one to look at this article from CNN

Did San Diego mayor target victims of military sexual assault?

Did San Diego mayor target victims of military sexual assault? - CNN.com

Now i want you to answer what is missing from the article

No where does it mention Bob Filner is a Democrat if it was a republican the head line would have been
Did Republican San Diego mayor target victims of military sexual assault?

Thats it? You're angry because the media didn't put the word "democrat" in the headline? But, but thats what the conservative media would do (and did) to whip their base up into a frenzy. No self respecting media wants to be like them.

San Diego is a pretty conservative town so I'm surprised the mayor isn't a Republican. Maybe he's a DINO.

Thats it? You're angry because the media didn't put the word "democrat" in the headline? But, but thats what the conservative media would do (and did) to whip their base up into a frenzy. No self respecting media wants to be like them.

San Diego is a pretty conservative town so I'm surprised the mayor isn't a Republican. Maybe he's a DINO.

not just the head line. not one mention of him being a democrat in the whole article

Back
Top Bottom