• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What if a Republican said this?

It's just all so ridiculous. People make mistakes. Presidents are people. Presidents make mistakes It is much more likely that he wasn't clear than that he didn't know. I would make the same defense, and have, for a republican president.. That's really the point, which granted I did nothing to explain here.

Fair enough. Personally, I think he lives in an echo-chamber (most people do) and doesn't even care to know the difference between Mobile and Savannah. That's not the same as being an idiot.

Fair enough. Personally, I think he lives in an echo-chamber (most people do) and doesn't even care to know the difference between Mobile and Savannah. That's not the same as being an idiot.

And what do you base that on?

And what do Obama's gaffes show you? Anything at all?

That politicians say dumb stuff. Is that suppose to be new? Furthermore, the core of what he said is a good idea, that we should expand and deepen ports. Obama said the same thing Newt did about ports. Your Obama Derangement syndrome is showing. You latch on to anything to bash him even when what the core of what he said is not only what Republicans have said before, but something that we should do.

And yes ... I'd rather not have the Federal Government in charge of the death panels.

Let me get this straight. You'd rather have death panels decided in the backroom where you have no idea what is going to covered (to which you have no influence over) or not until the last second rather than death panels that ration healthcare in public forums where you can get the information prior to the decision and lobby your Congress members to change it?

That is sign of SEVERE Obama Derangement when you'd rather die from backroom decisions you have no control or knowledge about rather than have the chance to influence the decision. You are not rational.

And on that topic ... Obamacare as gaffe ... was it a gaffe when Obama said he can't get single-payer right away? ... so he settled for Obamacare ... for the time being. Or was he lurching into the truth?
If you say single-payer was never the intent then you haven't heard Harry Reid say differently.
Maybe the mess that Obamacare is going to visit upon us was built into it's design so the Federal Government can ride to the rescue with a single-payer solution.
So sometimes gaffes are not mistakes.
But on Leno ... he screwed up an Ap covered for him, as you may have heard.

Some of us aren't so wildly partisan that we'd opt for the obviously worse decision purely to spite a politician we dislike. I find it disturbing you'd pick the option where you have no information and no influence over a decision where you can get information prior to a decision and lobby to change it.

When you go to buy a car, do you demand information about the car before the purchase contract is signed or after it? Because if you are consistent, you'd be asking for information after you sign.

That politicians say dumb stuff. Is that suppose to be new? Furthermore, the core of what he said is a good idea, that we should expand and deepen ports. Obama said the same thing Newt did about ports. Your Obama Derangement syndrome is showing. You latch on to anything to bash him even when what the core of what he said is not only what Republicans have said before, but something that we should do.

Nope ... no they didn't ... only Obama doesn't know the Atlantic from the Gulf. Why is that distinction between Obama and Gingrich so hard to comprehend ?
And why did AP think they had to cover for Obama's mistake?

Let me get this straight. You'd rather have death panels decided in the backroom where you have no idea what is going to covered (to which you have no influence over) or not until the last second rather than death panels that ration healthcare in public forums where you can get the information prior to the decision and lobby your Congress members to change it?

If your private insurance company decides to implement a death panel you can change carriers ... if the government implements death panels, as it has ... where you gonna go?

Some of us aren't so wildly partisan

Some aren't ... you are.
You do want single payer, don't you?
Why do you think Obama and Reid and the rest didn't acknowledge that was where they were going with Obamacare as part 1? Hmmm?

Nope ... no they didn't

FAIL

... only Obama doesn't know the Atlantic from the Gulf. Why is that distinction between Obama and Gingrich so hard to comprehend ?
And why did AP think they had to cover for Obama's mistake?

And there you go and prove my point about Obama Derangement syndrome.

FYI, I linked that article last page. So you going and saying a Republican didn't say that is just lazy. Which I've come to expect from vomit spewing partisans who cannot even be bothered to RTFT.

If your private insurance company decides to implement a death panel you can change carriers ... if the government implements death panels, as it has ... where you gonna go?

Fail #2. The only time a private insurance company can afford not to rational healthcare dollars is when healthcare dollars are infinite and when healthcare itself is infinite. You clearly do not understand that healthcare is not an infinite resource. There is no "healthcare machine" that magically pumps out infinite healthcare. Healthcare is rationed period. Doesn't matter who provides or pays for it. The difference between government death panels and private insurance death panels is that government ones have a much higher chance of being public and influenced by citizens. Insurance rationing decisions are never public information. If you have private insurance, you have a death panel.. To argue otherwise is to argue that healthcare is an infinite resource. Part of the reason why Medicare is so ungodly expensive on our budget is because its cost controlling methods are poor. Private insurance makes a heck of a lot of money because they ration care much better than Medicare does. So in a sense, your private insurance death panel is restricting way more healthcare than Medicare is. You just don't understand the topic, that's why you made a dumb comment.

Some aren't ... you are.

Good luck with that statement. You'd rather die from private insurance death panels you cannot influence then live with healthcare rationing that's made public purely because the public option was Obama initiated. That's a sign of SEVERE Obama Derangement. What is worse is that I don't remember anyone during Bush's term willing to choose the worse option where they die rather than pick the option where they live because Bush backed it. In some ways, you are way worse than those who were ABB.

You do want single payer, don't you?

It's not a bad idea. Single payer cuts out a lot of middle men who drive up healthcare costs. Single payer can depress healthcare costs like Walmart does on its suppliers. Single payer can streamline medical records into a single database raising doctor efficiency. There's quite a bit of advantages if you take your head out of your *** and examine it outside of your Obama Derangement. Think of all the insurance agencies who are paying thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people doing the exact same thing. Scale often does result in efficiencies when it comes to certain activities like data management.

Why do you think Obama and Reid and the rest didn't acknowledge that was where they were going with Obamacare as part 1? Hmmm?

For the same reason politicians are dishonest on a lot of things.

Doesn't change the facts I mentioned. You really need to do some basic research on this topic. Your ignorance is astounding.

It's just all so ridiculous. People make mistakes. Presidents are people. Presidents make mistakes It is much more likely that he wasn't clear than that he didn't know. I would make the same defense, and have, for a republican president.. That's really the point, which granted I did nothing to explain here.

the difference the Whole republican party is held accountable and pay the price for any of the mistakes one of their members make but if a democrat makes one it is no big deal and we are just trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill

take Todd Akin for example. the media hounded republicans to denounce him and his comments and perpetrated it as an example on the war on women and made them pay a price for his stupid comment.
Now we have Mayor Bob Filner sexually assaulting women for decades and most of the media doesn't even report he is a democrat and if they do it is buried deep in the article and of coarse no mention about war on women or making any democrat pay the price for his actions

did a search on Yahoo
"bob filner sexual harassment" on the first page only one link mentioned democrat

Did another on Yahoo
"todd akin rape comment" republican or GOP was mentioned in links 5 times

FAIL

And there you go and prove my point about Obama Derangement syndrome.

FYI, I linked that article last page. So you going and saying a Republican didn't say that is just lazy. Which I've come to expect from vomit spewing partisans who cannot even be bothered to RTFT.

Okay ... now you've really got people thinking you're too dense to be allowed on a computer unsupervised.
Listen to me. One last time.
Deepening the Savannah port is not the issue. Repeat ... NOT the issue.
Unlike Barack Obama ... President of ALL the United States ... Gingrich didn't say Savannah was on the Gulf Of Mexico.
THAT is the issue.

If you're gonna post like a troll you'll get a rep of a troll ... I hope you're better than that ... if you continue that line it'll show you're not..

Okay ... now you've really got people thinking you're too dense to be allowed on a computer unsupervised.

And that gets reported as a TOS violation.

Listen to me. One last time.
Deepening the Savannah port is not the issue. Repeat ... NOT the issue.
Unlike Barack Obama ... President of ALL the United States ... Gingrich didn't say Savannah was on the Gulf Of Mexico.
THAT is the issue.

Thanks for proving my point about your partisan hackery.

If you're gonna post like a troll you'll get a rep of a troll ... I hope you're better than that ... if you continue that line it'll show you're not..

Go ask the reputable members of this community if I'm a troll.

You're running from an increasingly large amount of points you cannot refute. What does that tell the community?

Did the search on Google

Every link identified Filner as a dem

only if you click on the link it isn't on the search page like it would be if it was a republican it is in the headlines if it was a republican

General observations. Mostly by the language he uses to describe those who disagree with him. I think he actually believes most of it.

Because at this point I do not agree with you, for me to really understand what causes you to have this opinion, specifics would be helpful.

only if you click on the link it isn't on the search page like it would be if it was a republican it is in the headlines if it was a republican

Filner is identified as a Dem in about half of the items on the search page which is about the same % as for Akin

None of the headlines for either state a party ID

Because at this point I do not agree with you, for me to really understand what causes you to have this opinion, specifics would be helpful.

Pick a topic and I'll show you what I mean.

Pick a topic and I'll show you what I mean.

You're the one with the opinions based on general observations. Share a specific example of what you have observed and why you have that opinion of it.

You're the one with the opinions based on general observations. Share a specific example of what you have observed and why you have that opinion of it.

It was a simple request. I don't feel like taking the time to dig up a long list, so you pick the topic.

Back
Top Bottom