• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you want done with your body after you die?

• Burial

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Cremated, ashes placed in urn

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Cremated, ashes scattered

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

The question presumes YOUR wishes and that they will be honored and followed...

1) Burial.
2) Cremated, ashes placed in an urn.
3) Cremated, ashes scattered.
4) Other.

The question presumes YOUR wishes and that they will be honored and followed...

1) Burial.
2) Cremated, ashes placed in an urn.
3) Cremated, ashes scattered.
4) Other.

Cremated, ashes scattered. So much simpler. And I hate bugs.

I chose cremated/scattered. So much less cost and hassle for my family. Also better for the environment, I think.

Cremated and ashes scattered. I don't much care where. I trust the people left behind will make the right decision.

I don't like the idea of being buried or having my ashes locked in an urn for some reason. I find it claustrophobic to even think about.

I honestly don't care. I'd like for my family to do whatever they feel is best and more beneficial to any mourning processes and financial constraints that exist for them at the time.

If I were to set down expectations for the procedures to occur upon my passing I would actually want there to be a party instead of a funeral. I see nothing to be gained by people sitting stiffly in uncomfortable clothes, seeking comfort from others also struggling with the pain of my passing (assuming, of course, that any great sadness actually exists). I would much rather the people I love get together with each other in a celebratory manner, focusing on the positive influence I had (if any) and celebrating the life I lived, not mourning the life that ended.

But the funeral isn't about me, truthfully. It's about those left behind. So let them do whatever they want, 'cause if I'm dead their feelings and comfort are all that matter.

Viking funeral....

It's in my will. Really. :pimpdaddy:

"Thus he (Odin) established by law that all dead men should be burned, and their belongings laid with them upon the pile, and the ashes be cast into the sea or buried in the earth. Thus, said he, every one will come to Valhalla with the riches he had with him upon the pile; and he would also enjoy whatever he himself had buried in the earth. For men of consequence a mound should be raised to their memory, and for all other warriors who had been distinguished for manhood a standing stone; which custom remained long after Odin's time."

Anything BUT a burial. What a waste of land ....
You could mulch me into compost for all I care.

I don't really much care, but out of the choices, cremation and scattering is the best option. Personally, I don't care if my body is donated to a medical school as a cadaver. At least maybe someone could gain some knowledge in the process of my death. :)

cut out all of the useful organs and make them available to those who would benefit from having them
provide the remaining cadaver to a medical school to use as it sees fit (what a fine specimen!)

NO monument, NO marker, NO blight on the environment - did enough of that while alive

ideal : embalmed in glass coffin in a mausoleum.

not because i want the full communist dictator perk. i've just always been fascinated with mummies / preservation, and i think it would be cool if distant descendents could open the creepy old mausoleum and come to see what their ancestor (me) looked like. especially on Halloween (my birthday.)

what i don't want : embalmed burial in a concrete vault.

what i'll probably get : cremated; part buried, and the other part cast into the breeze in a place i like during a time before dusk when the yellow sunlight is ideal for taking photos.

still would prefer the glass coffin, though.

I'd like to be cremated and my ashes scattered in the mountains. The government is getting real picky about where ashes are scattered, so that part may have to be done anonimously, LOL. I've heard of people having a small plane rented, then they can be sprinkled in the air. That sounds neat!

Donated to the local medical school if unless i die before getting the papers sorted on Friday:lol:

But the funeral isn't about me, truthfully. It's about those left behind. So let them do whatever they want, 'cause if I'm dead their feelings and comfort are all that matter.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I learned that at my father's funeral. It's really for those left behind to "say goodbye".

My mother is adamant: no funeral. Her reasoning: "I don't want people sitting around talking about me when I'm not there." She didn't have a response when I told we already do that. :2razz:

I'd like to be cremated and my ashes scattered in the mountains. The government is getting real picky about where ashes are scattered, so that part may have to be done anonimously, LOL. I've heard of people having a small plane rented, then they can be sprinkled in the air. That sounds neat!
Yep.

Were I to experience the manner of my demise in a fashion I'd like, there wouldn't be much of a cadaver to dispose of. I would like to die in a gigantic explosion, in the penthouse of a skyscraper; my lifeless form to plummet over a hundred stories to street level, where it makes impact with a tanker full of natural gas. The ensuing fireball consumes half a block of vehicles and stores.

Nothing else will do.

Last edited:
Failing that, burial.

cut out all of the useful organs and make them available to those who would benefit from having them
provide the remaining cadaver to a medical school to use as it sees fit (what a fine specimen!)

NO monument, NO marker, NO blight on the environment - did enough of that while alive

kidding aside, what i actually want is my body to be cremated and the remains flown over and dropped into the smokestack of the chapstick factory
then you can all kiss my ash

I honestly don't care. I'd like for my family to do whatever they feel is best and more beneficial to any mourning processes and financial constraints that exist for them at the time.

If I were to set down expectations for the procedures to occur upon my passing I would actually want there to be a party instead of a funeral. I see nothing to be gained by people sitting stiffly in uncomfortable clothes, seeking comfort from others also struggling with the pain of my passing (assuming, of course, that any great sadness actually exists). I would much rather the people I love get together with each other in a celebratory manner, focusing on the positive influence I had (if any) and celebrating the life I lived, not mourning the life that ended.

Almost perfect Tess! I prefer to be cremated and scattered. I don't want to end up in a closet because someone doesn't have the heart to dump my ashes.

But otherwise, heck yah. I want a party. There is enough sadness in the world without my passing (assuming that would be the emotion, which is very presumptive on my part) being another cause for tears. Have a party on me and remember what a goof I was.

EDIT: I forgot, take any useable organs first! I obviously won't be needing them. :D

Last edited:
I want to be cremated and shot into space.

If that's not possible, I want my ashes mixed in with fireworks that my family would then set off.

according to god ,we were made from the soil and we will go backk to the soil..so burial :)

according to god ,we were made from the soil and we will go backk to the soil..so burial :)

but there was no time frame for that result
so it will happen in every instance

Almost perfect Tess! I prefer to be cremated and scattered. I don't want to end up in a closet because someone doesn't have the heart to dump my ashes.

But otherwise, heck yah. I want a party. There is enough sadness in the world without my passing (assuming that would be the emotion, which is very presumptive on my part) being another cause for tears. Have a party on me and remember what a goof I was.

EDIT: I forgot, take any useable organs first! I obviously won't be needing them. :D

Yeah, I didn't mention I'm registered as a donor, so of course they can take anything that they can use.

Wouldn't cremated/scattered be the same thing?

i am talking in terms of religion.but infact burial is much more important for your beloved ones who still live.

Back
Top Bottom