• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you want done with your body after you die?

What do you want done with your body after you die?

• Burial

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Cremated, ashes placed in urn

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Cremated, ashes scattered

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
i am talking in terms of religion.but infact burial is much more important for your beloved ones who still live.
hell no. i refuse to bury my loved ones who are still alive

I don't really care. Just push me out along the side of the road for all it matters.

I want my ashes scattered, smothered and covered with cheese.

If I die before my husband goes - I'll be rotting in a hole in the ground along with most everyone here.

If I outlive my husband: my body will be donated to BodyWorlds for plastination and display. I've always thought it was the single most coolest thing - why rot, why waste - when you can be immortalized forever in a blend of art and science? I always thought mummies were cool: everything from the bogman to Egyptican pharoahs and their cats . . . why not join them?

Other, shot into space.

I want to be cooked up crisp and let my friend Kieth have the ashes so he can have a perpetual party on me!
keith-richards.jpg

Cremated, ashes scattered. So much simpler. And I hate bugs.

Bite your tongue, Maggie.
Charles Darwin surmised that the Creator must be inordinately fond of beetles: the earth is home to some 30 million different species of them.:lol:

I would like to be stuffed with cotton and used to frighten children with behavioral problems. At night, I want them to take me home so the cats can sit on my lap.

Take what's useful from my body, then burn the rest. I would say Viking funeral, but I'd rather most of my possessions remain with my family-- leave me a suit and a weapon, and I'll still be making my way in the next world with more than I started with in this world.

Take what's useful from my body, then burn the rest. I would say Viking funeral, but I'd rather most of my possessions remain with my family-- leave me a suit and a weapon, and I'll still be making my way in the next world with more than I started with in this world.

That pretty much was a vikings possesions, perhaps a nice watch, but the rest, give it away, and make my stone and mound! :pimpdaddy:

Burn me then toss me in the sea.

If I die before my husband goes - I'll be rotting in a hole in the ground along with most everyone here.

If I outlive my husband: my body will be donated to BodyWorlds for plastination and display. I've always thought it was the single most coolest thing - why rot, why waste - when you can be immortalized forever in a blend of art and science? I always thought mummies were cool: everything from the bogman to Egyptican pharoahs and their cats . . . why not join them?

i appreciate you auntspiker

i also want to donate all my organs ,including my face.

Decapitated, drawn and quarted, my torso burned, my legs fed to pigs, my arms thrown in a lake and my head stuck on a stake with my genitals stuffed in my mouth.

Goin! out classy!

Once the I that is me has departed, my body is an empty shell. My family should do with it what they will; whatever will best suit the financial situation and their emotional needs to grieve, say goodbye and move on is fine with me.

i have told my wife that i want a cremation. she tells me that she will use it to show off her crazy and take me everywhere and talk to me to weird people out. :lol:

Donated organs, cremated and ashes scattered wherever my loved ones would like. Funerals are for the living. The dead don't care about the body they left behind.

I want to be cryogenically frozen, so I can hopefully awake in the future.

I'm attracted to this, as well. I'm curious about the theological implications-- can the soul complex persist? How much of the revivified person is you, when parts of the soul have been replaced?

i have told my wife that i want a cremation. she tells me that she will use it to show off her crazy and take me everywhere and talk to me to weird people out. :lol:

That reminds me...my stepmom has said on several occasions that when she and my dad pass away she wants them both cremated and she wants to wear a vial of their mixed ashes around my neck at all times.

Seriously...

Once the I that is me has departed, my body is an empty shell. My family should do with it what they will; whatever will best suit the financial situation and their emotional needs to grieve, say goodbye and move on is fine with me.
Even if that involves gluing you to a billboard poster for tea leaves?

I'm attracted to this, as well. I'm curious about the theological implications-- can the soul complex persist? How much of the revivified person is you, when parts of the soul have been replaced?

I'd imagine that if there is a soul, it's put into stasis with the body.
A living a body and the soul are probably bound to each other.

Not to mention that the cost for this service isn't all that crazy.
Runs about $20k-30k if I remember right.

That reminds me...my stepmom has said on several occasions that when she and my dad pass away she wants them both cremated and she wants to wear a vial of their mixed ashes around my neck at all times.

Seriously...
\

My aunt had this done for my grandparents. Caused quite some controversy amongst the family and I was myself opposed.

I'd imagine that if there is a soul, it's put into stasis with the body.
A living a body and the soul are probably bound to each other.

Not to mention that the cost for this service isn't all that crazy.
Runs about $20k-30k if I remember right.

I see the soul as a complicated thing, that the body and the mind are portions of. Replacing the body changes whom a person is-- and things like luck and fate are even more complicated. I don't understand fully their relationship with flesh and mind.

The # of people wanting to be cremated are interesting to me - my husband use to want that. His sister was cremated and he drifted her ashes off of a Mt next to their hometown of Freemont, CA. For a long time he said that's what he wanted - now he wants to be buried together.

Which poses a problem for me concerning my differeng views.

Back
Top Bottom