• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you want done with your body after you die?

What do you want done with your body after you die?

• Burial

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Cremated, ashes placed in urn

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Cremated, ashes scattered

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
That reminds me...my stepmom has said on several occasions that when she and my dad pass away she wants them both cremated and she wants to wear a vial of their mixed ashes around my neck at all times.

Seriously...

My mother did that with some of my grandmother's ashes.
She left it on in the shower.

The necklace no longer contains ashes...... :doh

No real preference. Take my organs and let my loved ones do what they will with it. Although...

If I had to choose, I would have some sort of dance mat put on top of my grave, and the tombstone would say, "Please, I'd be insulted if you didn't."

The # of people wanting to be cremated are interesting to me - my husband use to want that. His sister was cremated and he drifted her ashes off of a Mt next to their hometown of Freemont, CA. For a long time he said that's what he wanted - now he wants to be buried together.

Which poses a problem for me concerning my differeng views.

Tell him that you can both be cremated then have your ashes magnetized and put in an etcha-sketch so that anytime someone shakes it you both mix together that much more.

Personal opinion of mine but I think we have a problem of not letting go. That's not saying FORGET... it's just saying let the **** go.

Here in NM everyone seems to have a desire to constantly broadcast their fishing for pity. Get's rather annoying. I'm sorry for your loss but quit projecting it. Try to find a car here whose back window tint isn't a memorial to a deceased relative. For God's sake let go people and quit pimping the deceased to gain sympathy and pity for yourself. It's not healthy.

Like I said, personal opinion of mine.

Last edited:
good idea!

I hadn't thought of the coolness of a tombstone here - Maybe I could design my own and have a grand show of macabre decadence?

good idea!

I hadn't thought of the coolness of a tombstone here - Maybe I could design my own and have a grand show of macabre decadence?

I read a book about a guy who was so terrified of death that he decided to build his own coffin to assuage his fears. Then set it in the living room and used it as the coffee table until he died.

Personal opinion of mine but I think we have a problem of not letting go. That's not saying FORGET... it's just saying let the **** go.

Here in NM everyone seems to have a desire to constantly broadcast their fishing for pity. Get's rather annoying. I'm sorry for your loss but quit projecting it. Try to find a car here whose back window tint isn't a memorial to a deceased relative. For God's sake let go people and quit pimping the deceased to gain sympathy and pity for yourself. It's not healthy.

I agree. Those annoy me.

You want to honor them? Make a scholarship in their name. Plant a tree in your yard. But a sticker in the window of your rusty 82 K car ??

I agree. Those annoy me.

You want to honor them? Make a scholarship in their name. Plant a tree in your yard. But a sticker in the window of your rusty 82 K car ??

It does nobody any good. Especially those that are grieving. It prolongs the grieving because they want to soak up the attention that pity brings them.

It isn't just NM, it's pretty much every where.

I agree. Those annoy me.

I don't like bumper stickers anyway.

I don't want to know your opinion on the president, politics or anything else.
Besides, who thinks putting a $1 sticker on a $20k car is a good idea.
Boggles the mind.

In regard to these things: I never understood it - they fade, they peel off - they become trash.

My worst fear, however, is being completely forgotten. Ideally: I'll positive affect the world in amemoriable way before I die so no one forgets me. . . so having something around long after I go is comfortable to me in the present tense.

What I really need to do is etch my life story in gold nuggets adn burry those ****ers. Maybe add in a weird bizarre motif to make up an ancient civilization of some type - could be fun . . . what a way to go: screw iwth future earthlings. LOL

It isn't just NM, it's pretty much every where.

I never noticed that when I was living in Georgia. Saw it a bit while living in AZ but here... it's rather prominent. I guess times change though so everywhere may have it now.

In regard to these things: I never understood it - they fade, they peel off - they become trash.

My worst fear, however, is being completely forgotten. Ideally: I'll positive affect the world in amemoriable way before I die so no one forgets me. . . so having something around long after I go is comfortable to me in the present tense.

What I really need to do is etch my life story in gold nuggets adn burry those ****ers. Maybe add in a weird bizarre motif to make up an ancient civilization of some type - could be fun . . . what a way to go: screw iwth future earthlings. LOL

Genealogy won't let you be forgotten.

Everyone is kin to me. :2razz:
I grew up in Smyrna/Marietta/Austell area.

Nevermind. You are one of them thar yankee Georgians.

I grew up South of Valdosta. lol

Where in NM? I lived in abq for a spell.

Cremated, ashes placed in a unsuspecting consumer's hamburger at a local fast food restaurant.

I don't see why I would care. I'm dead.

I've always liked that portion of The Education of Little Tree, where the old man asks to be buried under the apple tree, to keep it going.

But...

that would probably violate Provision 1308.222A of the Federal Underground Burial Agricultural Requirements, so...

Cremated - it's cheaper. Scatter me with my wife.

anyoneseewhatIdidthere?

Last edited:
Preserved so that future worthless, bureaucratic corporate hotshots can admire and model after an ancient worthless, bureaucratic corporate hotshot

Back
Top Bottom