• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Welp, I'm going to the doctor.

Okay, so I thought today was going alright at first, but for some reason, I have been feeling a strangely odd sense of hunger throughout. I thought it was just because maybe I didn't eat enough last night, but I deliberately ate a big breakfast and lunch, and it didn't even satisfy my stomach for even a minute after. I thought it would go away with time, but it's still there. I still feel the hunger gripping my stomach. I have a habit of sometimes skipping meals (especially breakfast), but this does not feel like when I do that. It just feels different.

I don't know what in the world is going on, but I was able to leave work early, because it's gotten to the point where it's screwing with my ability to think straight, and I couldn't do my work. It even irked me just driving home.

I'm gonna get checked out soon, and I hope everything is alright with me. I just hope it's not something too bad if anything. This is the first time I've ever felt like this, and honestly it's kind of scary. I dunno if it's tapeworms or what, but it feels so terrible, even if it isn't painful.

I'll report back with the diagnosis. All I know is now my weekend plans are completely screwed, because I can't much focus on anything else other than this stupid feeling in my body.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Well, not that in particular, but I'm a veteran hypochondriac so I know to tell you not to worry about it. Most things are trivial, and let's just assume this is too until the doctors say otherwise.
Let them direct your worry, not you. I know how it is when symptoms override the mind and makes it compulsive to think about...just do your best to distract yourself. I applaud you posting for input, I wish I had done that on a number of occasions.

I hope it blows over and/or isn't a big deal. Hey, maybe you'll get to take some Ivermectin after all!!

It's probably not tapeworm; they take time to grow and multiply. But it's a weird symptom, suggesting a lack of insulin?

You should definitely go to the doctor. :)

Whatever you do, do not search for an answer on Google. I once had some elbow pain and swelling and Google assured me it was a systematic infection and that I probably wouldn’t make it through the night. Definitely get it checked out, Gov, but I’m sure it’s nothing.

You know your body better than anyone - if you feel weird, talk to your doctor or go to an ER.

Make sure they check your thyroid - you may be hyperthyroid and if you’ve changed any birth control or medications, make sure you mention that also.

Hunger can be physical or psychological in it’s causes - and if it’s that persistent and you are eating well, then it’s definitely a reason to get checked out.

I've had days where I just couldn't satiate my hunger. Even though my stomach was full, my brain kept saying "hungry." It's always temporary, and I believe caused by my mind not receiving the signal that my belly was full. It's a bizarre sensation.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it's nothing serious.

Yeah, it does sound neurological, like your brain isn't getting the signal that you're full.

Well, turns out hunger is not what it was at all. It was my stomach tube or whatever getting irritated. I must have had a slight allergic reaction to something, which caused that "hunger" feeling. That's why I said it didn't feel like typical hunger at all; I just assumed it was because it's so damn close to my stomach.

So I just assumed I was hungry on the basis of that feeling. When I deliberately forced air out of my stomach constantly, I began to feel so much better. The feeling sort of settling into the top of my throat, and now my throat is sore, but not like too painful or anything like that. But far more manageable than the other way around, and I can finally feel the usual hunger sensation that I do.

All in all, thank goodness it wasn't anything crazy. I scared myself half to death worrying about this.

Whatever you do, do not search for an answer on Google. I once had some elbow pain and swelling and Google assured me it was a systematic infection and that I probably wouldn’t make it through the night. Definitely get it checked out, Gov, but I’m sure it’s nothing.

Ooof, yeah. Lord knows WebMD will diagnose a cut finger as a symptom of severe heart disease or something.

Okay, so I thought today was going alright at first, but for some reason, I have been feeling a strangely odd sense of hunger throughout. I thought it was just because maybe I didn't eat enough last night, but I deliberately ate a big breakfast and lunch, and it didn't even satisfy my stomach for even a minute after. I thought it would go away with time, but it's still there. I still feel the hunger gripping my stomach. I have a habit of sometimes skipping meals (especially breakfast), but this does not feel like when I do that. It just feels different.

I don't know what in the world is going on, but I was able to leave work early, because it's gotten to the point where it's screwing with my ability to think straight, and I couldn't do my work. It even irked me just driving home.

I'm gonna get checked out soon, and I hope everything is alright with me. I just hope it's not something too bad if anything. This is the first time I've ever felt like this, and honestly it's kind of scary. I dunno if it's tapeworms or what, but it feels so terrible, even if it isn't painful.

I'll report back with the diagnosis. All I know is now my weekend plans are completely screwed, because I can't much focus on anything else other than this stupid feeling in my body.

Hunger pangs? Maybe youre pregnant. ;)

LOL, I need to get on Oprah right now so she can interview me! 😆 🤣

"First woman pregnant by another woman speaks out!"
stranger things have happened.
Next time something like this happens you come here first for advice. We'll send you some chicken soup and kiss you good night.

stranger things have happened.
Next time something like this happens you come here first for advice. We'll send you some chicken soup and kiss you good night.
what she said!!

I wish you the best.

Well, turns out hunger is not what it was at all. It was my stomach tube or whatever getting irritated. I must have had a slight allergic reaction to something, which caused that "hunger" feeling. That's why I said it didn't feel like typical hunger at all; I just assumed it was because it's so damn close to my stomach.

So I just assumed I was hungry on the basis of that feeling. When I deliberately forced air out of my stomach constantly, I began to feel so much better. The feeling sort of settling into the top of my throat, and now my throat is sore, but not like too painful or anything like that. But far more manageable than the other way around, and I can finally feel the usual hunger sensation that I do.

All in all, thank goodness it wasn't anything crazy. I scared myself half to death worrying about this.
Interesting. I had this hollow knotted feeling in the top of my throat it would come and go and my doctor told me after talking about it that it's likely anxiety.

Glad it wasn't serious.

Back
Top Bottom