• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We Can Win': Elizabeth Warren Outlines 2020 Presidential Bid

"...Warren conceded this month that she is 'not a person of color,' following her embarrassing October release of DNA test data that concluded her proportion of American Indian blood might be as small as 1 part in 1,024 – lower than average European-Americans..."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...h-Warren-takes-big-2020-presidential-run.html

1024 is the end of the established possible range. The beginning of the range is before her claimed generation. The middle of the range is right about what she claimed.

This is not complicated. How can people be so easily fooled into not understanding?

Surely a grandmother is only two generations away ?

Let's see the quote. I believe it's 3 or 4 "great"s.

Science says 5-7 generations. She claimed 5 or 6 generations.

Claim validated.

Last edited:
Well, what I DON'T underestimate is the laziness of the liberal voting block. So, anything is possible I suppose.

Liberals have to be inspired. Conservatives will vote for anyone to win.

I'd love Warren as the nominee. That's a great pick for the GOP.

I have a mountain of respect for EW but she just isn't presidential material. Although, I do feel she would be MUCH better than Comrade Trump, we would just be replacing one kook with another.

America needs a sensible, pragmatic, intelligent person in the oval office, be they democrat or republican. America needs to restore some integrity back in to the oval office. This side show "carnival barker" styled leadership, steeped in lies and bad-character, is a stain on us all. There are republicans AND democrats able to fulfill that role. EW might have the honesty and integrity part down but she is just too leftist to unify the country. This country needs unification more than anything right now.

I agree with you completely.... and I think the candidate that best exemplifies what you're talking about is probably Gov. John Hickenlooper of Colorado.

I agree with you completely.... and I think the candidate that best exemplifies what you're talking about is probably Gov. John Hickenlooper of Colorado.

Hickenlooper seems like a vinnilla canididate, the only unifying thing about him is how unimpressive he is.

Warren is punching over her weight class, here. Trump will run over her and it won’t be pretty, imo.
It’s not about her heritage anymore, again, imo.

How do you think she’ll fare against the other Democrats running?

How do you think she’ll fare against the other Democrats running?

It’s all a blur, honestly. Like when the GOP put up, what 16-17 candidates. There has to be more issues than “get rid of Trump.”

Hickenlooper seems like a vinnilla canididate, the only unifying thing about him is how unimpressive he is.

I think that works in his favor, though... by the time 2020 comes around, we're going to have a well-developed craving for vanilla.

He's a highly-intelligent candidate who has done a good job as both Mayor of Denver and Governor of Colorado. What impresses me about him is that he's not afraid to think outside the box and pursue common-sense policies that aren't necessarily politically popular at the moment but make sense for the longer term.

I could see that.

No. Wait.

Hickenlooper? Not sure how that would go over on a bumper sticker.

I mean, you gotta admit, "Hickenlooper?" What kind of name is that? Kind of hard to say that without giggling.

Her claim was scientifically proven 100% correct. She claimed a grandmother about 5 generations ago. That's exactly what the test says.

5th generation sailor..... some wheres along the line one of them got the clap.

Bravo!

It’s all a blur, honestly. Like when the GOP put up, what 16-17 candidates. There has to be more issues than “get rid of Trump.”

But there aren't at present. The Dems will try to outdo each other in breathless anti-Trump rhetoric. The yardstick will be who says the nastiest things about Trump. If you were to get a dollar for every time "Trump" will be heard, you'd be quite wealthy.

I could see that.

No. Wait.

Hickenlooper? Not sure how that would go over on a bumper sticker.

I mean, you gotta admit, "Hickenlooper?" What kind of name is that? Kind of hard to say that without giggling.

True... but he's got a year to find a catchy rhyme to turn that around.

I think that works in his favor, though... by the time 2020 comes around, we're going to have a well-developed craving for vanilla.

He's a highly-intelligent candidate who has done a good job as both Mayor of Denver and Governor of Colorado. What impresses me about him is that he's not afraid to think outside the box and pursue common-sense policies that aren't necessarily politically popular at the moment but make sense for the longer term.

I think people want something more along the lines of a Stacy abrams or canididacy. Not a return to normal politics but a bold new direction in political thinking.

5th generation sailor..... some wheres along the line one of them got the clap.

Bravo!

Maybe people shouldn't have made such a big deal about her claim in the first place. When results come back affirmative, and rather mundane, then at least deal with that.

Maybe people shouldn't have made such a big deal about her claim in the first place. When results come back affirmative, and rather mundane, then at least deal with that.

If she's an Indian then so are of millions of others who don't even know it. My sister and nephews had 1% NA DNA and they would never be mistaken for Indians. The bad part isn't the scant to non-existent NA genes she has but that she's made such a big deal out of it. The Cherokee nation says she's no Cherokee.

True... but he's got a year to find a catchy rhyme to turn that around.

Bet your Pooper on Hickenlooper.

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Super-Dooper Hickenlooper!

I got nothin'...... :3oops:

Do you think she's the best person for the job?

Does our system really work that way? I think not.

I like Warren because she defends the common man from corporate rule, however futile that might be.

The best person for the job? Probably not, but our system is a wholly owned subsidiary of ALEC and other special interests.

If she's an Indian then so are of millions of others who don't even know it. My sister and nephews had 1% NA DNA and they would never be mistaken for Indians. The bad part isn't the scant to non-existent NA genes she has but that she's made such a big deal out of it. The Cherokee nation says she's no Cherokee.

Science confirmed her claim. If one's not impressed, perhaps one shouldn't have been in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom