• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:20] Israel targets entire apartment complex labeling it "Hamas command structure"

Really ? So the state of Israel never started it by violently evicting Palestinians living in Israeli occupied East Jerusalem so as to replace them, at some future point, with illegal settlers, in an act the rules of the forum prevent me from accurately describing but involves the clearing of people from an area based on their ethnicity ?
Hamas....

Americans like Joe Biden? Or has he issued an executive order against drone zaps? You know Obama holds the record for most drone strikes per year as president.
Why you gotta lie all the time? The point is made without the obvious BS you spew.

"there have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank."

Of course, Trump then stopped reporting civilian casualties for his strikes.

Oh wait BBC must be fake news right?

Tu quoques being pretty stupid on their own already, they become downright moronic when one attempts analogies that equate to comparing apples and oranges.

That Hamas treats journalists from its own people atrociously cannot intelligently be transferred onto Israel (as doing the same).

One might succeed if one could show that Israel arrests and beats up its own Israeli journalist for being critical of Knesset policies, but to try and form an equation of Israel to Hamas by implying that Israel beats up Palestinian journalists reporting critically on Gaza just like Hamas beats them up, has to be the idiotic equation of the day.

Pathetic.

And I think you speak out of your ass as usual.

Gaza is because of what Hamas is.

Your positions are not even in anyway consistant. You said you don't support the " increased settlements" which obviously means you are just fine with the ones that are there, even though they are illegal. It's like you don't understand that the old ones are every bit as illegal as any new ones would be lols. What a completely stupid way to express yourself on grounds of being or appearing reasonable.

Gaza is what it is for a number of reasons, some of which predate even the Hamas election victory. You just have this stupid obsession to have to blame everything on Hamas despite the facts

Response:

People need to drop the delusion that Israeli's Jewish People are Special above other people....
For decades Israel has done many things averse to living in peace in the region, that has been propagandized to favor Israel when reported to American people, to try and justify it. Then, there is the rush of the Jewish people to push a label of "Anti-Semite" any time anyone does not go along with what they do or call them out on the stuff that they do.
Look at the list of past leaders of Israel...
People should read the history of these leaders... and we can see where things stand, what they have done and not done to stop the madness.

No matter what Israel does... it will never flat out dominate these people in this region"... why they keep trying is the insanity of it all.

America learned in Vietnam, that no matter how poor and how much Americans looked down on S.E. Asian people, those people fought for their land and their dignity as human beings, The same is true in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the same is true within the Arab Peninsula.... and any other place, concerning any other people.

The days of "white nationalist imperialist colonization" (whether it by American or Europeans) ... will not continue into the rest of the 21st Century. Nation's don't want it, will not allow it, and will stand against it.

Young people today, and those who are growing up in grade school and beyond, by the time they are in positions of power, they will ensure that white nationalist imperialism's colonizing agenda, is destroyed.

Israel, would be better off, to stop encroaching and stop acting like they are dictator over the massive land they have encroached upon. They even went so far as to put challenge to the once controlled by British-Palestinian land, and engaged their encroaching's and settlement building.

Their arrogance cannot continue... time and reality will at some point bring the nations to "call them out" on what they have done, and push and force an accord. That may taken another accord, to 'repartition the land" and do it fairly to restore to the Palestinian's what has been wrongfully taken from them.

Last edited:
~....................................It's insanity to buy into either side's myths and justifications without questioning them, but we do it anyway. Why?
Evilroddy.
Not to dismiss what you said before my snip (for reasons of word count but accessible to everyone clicking on the link here), but that last sentence had me grinning.

Seems you're as guilty of doing what you outline as everybody else is.;)

Beyond which, I'm as tired of all the justifications of either side, from religious takes like "the Bible says it's ours", via "it was always Allah's", to the historical pontifications over who was there first or for the longest time.

Where the whole shebang has its political colours, the conflict is primarily (and as most always) a human one. In that two sides remain unshakable in their conviction that the land is theirs and they want to live on it without interference.

Largely, albeit not exclusively, preferring to do that without "dem others".

From the News:

at 1:42 "We are seeing far right Israelies lynching arabs"

Why isnt this all over American news? Isreali lynch squads lynching palastinians in the streets? Is this true?

Because American Jews might as well be the propaganda arm for Israel. We are siding with the wrong party at the start of a new Holocaust.

Hamas....
Israel.
More specifically Netanyahu is at bay, his crimes are fast catching up with him, so he has the settlers poke the hornets nest of "war" to boost his poll numbers for a snap election. With one bound, he'll be free for a while longer

Really ? So the state of Israel never started it by violently evicting Palestinians living in Israeli occupied East Jerusalem so as to replace them, at some future point, with illegal settlers, in an act the rules of the forum prevent me from accurately describing but involves the clearing of people from an area based on their ethnicity ?

There are a myriad of factors leading up to the present conflict, not the least of which is Mahmoud Abbas cancelation of elections in the west bank. His 4 year term has now lasted 16 years and he used disagreements over East Jerusalem as an excuse. Hamas has been denied access to democracy so long that no one below the age of 34 has ever even voted in a national election. Mix that with the tensions in Sheikh Jarrah, the protests in the Al-Aqsa over Covid caused limitations on congregating, stockpiled rocks and crowds waving Hamas flags and finally Hamas seeing an opportunity to reinforce its appeal as the true opposition to Israel they chose to attack Israel.

The bottom line is that Hamas chose to resort to targeting all Israeli citizens within range of its rockets, and Israel has the right to not only respond in kind but to take whatever actions are necessary to disable and end the attacks - if that requires artillery, airstrikes, or invasion and occupation of the GAZA strip so be it.

That Hamas treats journalists from its own people atrociously cannot intelligently be transferred onto Israel (as doing the same).

Pathetic.

Well, once again we see just how out of touch you are from the reality of the Israeli states treatment of Palestinian ( and international btw) journalists. That's why Israel ranks so low ( 86th) on the press freedom list according to Reporters Without Borders.

The state of Israel, during the March of Return, shot/injured 115 journalist according to Al Mezan to Amnesty International ( see link below)

BTW we also know some were killed

According to Reporters Without Borders ...............Palestinian reporters injured in Jerusalem, 21 media outlets destroyed in Gaza. That's 21 media outlets attacked by the IDF and being classified as " destroyed"

Additionally, Hamas is not an occupying power and thus, as odious as their treatment of their critics in the media is, thay have not signed up to any treaties that restrict how the people under their authority are treated, Israel as an occupying power is ( not that anyone would ever believe it ) compelled to treat the people it occupies with respect and protect their rights. Yet here they are engaging in the beating, arresting, killing of journalists and the bombing to rubble of media outlets themselves. That's a worse rap sheet than even Hamas can boast.

The only thing that is pathetic is your completely obvious and biased commentary which is based on nothing but ignorance /selective viewing

Truncating posts to change their meaning is not an honest way of debate.

But doesn't come as a surprise either in view of who is doing it here.

Hamas jails, beats up and sometimes kills it own for reporting critically on Gaza, Israel does not jail, beat up or kill its own for reporting critically on Israel.

Attempting to obfuscate that simple fact by bringing up what Israel does with Palestinian journalists and thus attempting to form an analogy is not only dishonest but also pretty stupid.

Last edited:
Your positions are not even in anyway consistant. You said you don't support the " increased settlements" which obviously means you are just fine with the ones that are there, even though they are illegal. It's like you don't understand that the old ones are every bit as illegal as any new ones would be lols. What a completely stupid way to express yourself on grounds of being or appearing reasonable.

Gaza is what it is for a number of reasons, some of which predate even the Hamas election victory. You just have this stupid obsession to have to blame everything on Hamas despite the facts

Please lie again.

I have always supported two states.

I have stated Israel does a stupid expanding on their settlements.

I have always decried how Hamas has ruined Gaza through their ignorance, corruption and their acts of terror.

So, please.. Lie more.

There are a myriad of factors leading up to the present conflict, not the least of which is Mahmoud Abbas cancelation of elections in the west bank. His 4 year term has now lasted 16 years and he used disagreements over East Jerusalem as an excuse. Hamas has been denied access to democracy so long that no one below the age of 34 has ever even voted in a national election. Mix that with the tensions in Sheikh Jarrah, the protests in the Al-Aqsa over Covid caused limitations on congregating, stockpiled rocks and crowds waving Hamas flags and finally Hamas seeing an opportunity to reinforce its appeal as the true opposition to Israel they chose to attack Israel.

The bottom line is that Hamas chose to resort to targeting all Israeli citizens within range of its rockets, and Israel has the right to not only respond in kind but to take whatever actions are necessary to disable and end the attacks - if that requires artillery, airstrikes, or invasion and occupation of the GAZA strip so be it.

We can go back to the advent on Zionism but the fact remains that the present hostilities stem from the heavy handed and illegal evictions ( not even that accurate a term ) of those Palestinians living in occupied East Jerusalem.

Palestinians don't have a right to respond to Israeli war crimes ? That's a thought that is completely absent from your commentary. I think both Israel and the Palestinians have the right to self defence but it seems to be a tiny minority view here

One may reasonably assume that the current flare-up would have erupted over the next best issue anyway, the "potential" evictions (eviction orders not yet having been issued as far as I can tell) mentioned serving as good an excuse for Hamas as the next opportunity.

One may judge the eviction issues as one wishes (I personally hold it to be a stupid move) but Hamas is not firing rockets indiscriminately upon Israel in defense of the people of Eastern Jerusalem, but rather taking the opportunity to rally Palestinians in its support.

In clear realization that the inevitable response will incur casualties in Gaza, thus further promoting the victim narrative.

Reactions: NO1
Truncating posts to change their meaning is not an honest way of debate.

But doesn't come as a surprise either in view of who is doing it here.

Hamas jails, beats up and sometimes kills it own for reporting critically on Gaza, Israel does not jail, beat up or kill its own for reporting critically on Israel.

Attempting to obfuscate that simple fact by bringing up what Israel does with Palestinian journalists and thus attempting to form an analogy is not only dishonest but also pretty stupid.

You are not known for understanding other peoples posts and often times just opt to outright misrepresent them. Nor noted for honest debate, much prefering snide and misrepresentation when you are forced into a corner and left floundering that you cannot actually defend a point you made because it was made from ignorance of the reality

I said that the Israeli rap sheet for the ill treatment of journalists ( note not Israeli journalists, I said Palestinians and international ones ) is worse than that of Hamas and I gave the links to support it. The dishonesty is in you denying/misrepresenting what I said.

So, to be clear my statement was and remains that Palestinian journalists have been attacked and abused, up to and including being killed on way more occasions than they have at the hands of Hamas. I have backed mine too, you? :unsure: :oops:Hardly ever a link and just your usual biased prattle being passed off as fact ( and failing miserably, as it has here again)

From the article:
Residents of the tower and people living nearby had been warned to evacuate the area around an hour before the air strike, according to witnesses. It was not immediately clear if the building had been fully evacuated, or if there were casualties.

How often are Israelis warned of Hamas attacks?

So if someone living in my apartment complex is a terrorist, the government has a right to bomb the whole complex?

So if someone living in my apartment complex is a terrorist, the government has a right to bomb the whole complex?

They don't even have to be a " terrorist". They can be a Hamas policeman, government worker etc etc IE they may never have so much as ever thrown a punch at someone else. If they can be linked to Hamas people believe the Israeli bs that they are magically morphed into Osama Bin Ladens kindred spirit

The government of the country whose citizens your government attacks from your house? Yes.

One may reasonably assume that the current flare-up would have erupted over the next best issue anyway, the "potential" evictions (eviction orders not yet having been issued as far as I can tell) mentioned serving as good an excuse for Hamas as the next opportunity.

One may judge the eviction issues as one wishes (I personally hold it to be a stupid move) but Hamas is not firing rockets indiscriminately upon Israel in defense of the people of Eastern Jerusalem, but rather taking the opportunity to rally Palestinians in its support.

In clear realization that the inevitable response will incur casualties in Gaza, thus further promoting the victim narrative.

And so it continues, the one sided tripe trying to be passed off as balanced opinion lols

The evictions and dispossession/displacement of the occupied Palestinians in East Jerusalem has been going on since the occupation itself. Both the Israeli side and the Hamas side take opportunities to try to bolster their position off the back of an ongoing arme conflict but you have only one eye open when it comes to seeing this obvious situation
Please lie again.

I have always supported two states.

I have stated Israel does a stupid expanding on their settlements.

I have always decried how Hamas has ruined Gaza through their ignorance, corruption and their acts of terror.

So, please.. Lie more.

Nobody has " lied " about your positions or your words. They were quoted verbatim. That they convey a stupid and erratic position is just a fact. On Gaza you are compelled to blame everything on Hamas, like as though it wasn't being dedeveloped/made reliant on Israel for years before they appeared as election winners. Like as though the complicity of Egypt isn't a facot. It's just ignorant obsession based on nothing but tunnel vision ( pun intended)

The government of the country whose citizens your government attacks from your house? Yes.

Your govt is occupying and illegally settling their land and attacking them everyday, people in glass houses

And so it continues, the one sided tripe trying to be passed off as balanced opinion lols

The evictions and dispossession/displacement of the occupied Palestinians in East Jerusalem has been going on since the occupation itself. Both the Israeli side and the Hamas side take opportunities to try to bolster their position off the back of an ongoing arme conflict but you have only one eye open when it comes to seeing this obvious situation

Nobody has " lied " about your positions or your words. They were quoted verbatim. That they convey a stupid and erratic position is just a fact. On Gaza you are compelled to blame everything on Hamas, like as though it wasn't being dedeveloped/made reliant on Israel for years before they appeared as election winners. Like as though the complicity of Egypt isn't a facot. It's just ignorant obsession based on nothing but tunnel vision ( pun intended)

You aren't quoting verbatim when you imagine what I mean.

The evictions and dispossesion/displacement of people from East Jerusalem has been going on since 1948 when the Arab League (army of Jordan) drove out (euphemistically labeled as "evacuated") Jewish home owners and assigned their properties to Palestinians.

At the same time Palestinian neighborhoods in what would be called West Jerusalem fell into Jewish hands, the inhabitants equally fleeing and/or driven out.

Both occurrences not serving to support any tit-for-tat game, but equating only in their contemptible nature.

But by all means let the adherents to Palliwood propaganda cite only what suits their narrative, while neatly omitting the rest of it.

In that process engaging in exactly the partisanship they accuse others of, while conveniently blinding themselves to their own.

This is my post from which the recent exchange originates
Hamas habitually expels foreign correspondents and, just as habitually, arrests and maltreats Palestinian reporters.

In both cases over their critical reporting.

and this is the response
It's a similar story with the state of Israels treatment of Palestinian journalists but you appear not to know that or are just, as ever, focusing on the odious actions of some Palestinians
One being the case of how Hamas treats its own, the other attempting to show that Israel does the same, while it certainly does not treat its own in the same manner.

Anyone not seeing the idiocy of the attempted equation is most probably beyond further help or, perceivably, conveniently rejects it.

Reactions: NO1
Exactly, Hamas tried to show his power and "protect el aksa" by firing rockets to Jerusalem and win the heart of the palestinians. Hamas should have think deeply before doing it.

Back
Top Bottom