• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:20] Israel targets entire apartment complex labeling it "Hamas command structure"

Virtually every American Jew I've ever talked to is extremely critical of Israel.

Those are the disloyal ones Trump warned everyone about.

We don't deserve this': Girl, 10, asks America for help from Gaza City

Nadeen Abed al Lateef has witnessed more violence at 10 years of age than most people have in a lifetime, and as Israel and Hamas exchange the most intense rounds of fire since the 2014 war in Gaza, the child has a message for America: “We’re just dying.”

“The American people, stop giving, stop giving weapons to the occupiers,” she told NBC News amid the rubble in the tiny, impoverished Gaza Strip. “That’s the way that you can help us.”
1621380797225.png

Days of continuous Israeli airstrikes in Gaza have left 212 people, including 61 children, dead in the densely populated enclave that is home to 2 million Palestinians, according to the Gaza Health Ministry. Local officials said more than 90 multistory apartment blocks and residential buildings have been destroyed since last Monday.​

end quote

America should be skeptical of Netanyahu

Netanyahu, Israel’s right-wing leader, made a concerted effort to insert himself in American domestic politics to kill the pact being drafted by Obama.

He portrayed support for the deal as a betrayal of Israel and worked to drive a wedge between Republicans and Democrats on the issue. Netanyahu’s close alliance with Obama’s successor, Donald Trump, only deepened that partisan divide.

But the difference in tone also reflects a broader shift among the Democratic Party over the past decade. As Democratic voters and liberals have become more self-consciously organized around concepts like equity and systemic discrimination, their push for more liberal policy positions on immigration, policing and gun violence at home has reshaped the way many view the conflict in the Middle East and the violence it has produced.
end quote

I about time, for America, to call Israel out on what it has done.

Why the U.S. Supports Israel

In the United States and around the world, many are questioning why, despite some mild rebukes, Washington has maintained its large-scale military, financial, and diplomatic support for the Israeli occupation in the face of unprecedented violations of international law and human rights standards by Israeli occupation forces.
May 1, 2002
Stephen Zunes
Virtually all Western countries share the United States’ strong support for Israel’s legitimate right to exist in peace and security, yet these same nations have refused to provide arms and aid while the occupation of lands seized in the 1967 war continues. None come close to offering the level of diplomatic support provided by Washington–with the United States often standing alone with Israel at the United Nations and other international forums when objections are raised over ongoing Israeli violations of international law and related concerns.

End quote

If there's one truth recently stated it's because even where I probably could, just for amusement's sake, I'm not likely to.

It is true that Palestinian journalists are treated worse and on a much larger scale by the state of Israel, despite the responsibilities of occupiers, than they are by Hamas. You couldn't dispute it so you knocked the pieces off the board lol

It was and is also true that this was the comparison I made that you were compelled to misrepresent . Thus knocking more pieces off the board.

It is true that both sides are only too willing to capitalize on any upsurges of violence. You can't seem to see past that only applying to Hamas. I point it out, whoosh more pieces off the board

You did the same misrepresentation of Evilroddys position and haven't even manage a response to it thus far afaik. And on it goes, you get outed for it so you project, avoid, slither posts that are pretty much hot air based on a selective application of standards so a sto serve as a confirmation bias for your lopsided views.

Virtually every American Jew I've ever talked to is extremely critical of Israel.

Yep, there has definitely been a change in the views of many American Jews on how they think of Israeli actions and policies . Even in how they view the country itself and how it's actions reflect on them as Jewish people living outside of the Jewish state .

The war for this conflict has the potential to be won in the US court of public opinion as much as anywhere else imo. Without the US UNSC veto and bankrolling of Israel it would never be able to commit the crimes against the Palestinians it does everyday, year in year out, decade after decade, ongoing.

We don't deserve this': Girl, 10, asks America for help from Gaza City

Nadeen Abed al Lateef has witnessed more violence at 10 years of age than most people have in a lifetime, and as Israel and Hamas exchange the most intense rounds of fire since the 2014 war in Gaza, the child has a message for America: “We’re just dying.”

The American people, stop giving, stop giving weapons to the occupiers,” she told NBC News amid the rubble in the tiny, impoverished Gaza Strip. “That’s the way that you can help us.”

Days of continuous Israeli airstrikes in Gaza have left 212 people, including 61 children, dead in the densely populated enclave that is home to 2 million Palestinians, according to the Gaza Health Ministry. Local officials said more than 90 multistory apartment blocks and residential buildings have been destroyed since last Monday.​

end quote

As Hamas expends thousands of rockets intentionally targeting children like this.

Your govt is occupying and illegally settling their land and attacking them everyday, people in glass houses
If the IDF takes over my building and use it to murder innocent Palestininas, then yes, the Palestinians are allowed to bomb my house after giving me a warning to evacuate the house before the attack.
The same standard applies to both sides.

If the IDF takes over my building and use it to murder innocent Palestininas, then yes, the Palestinians are allowed to bomb my house after giving me a warning to evacuate the house before the attack.
The same standard applies to both sides.

The IDF , when they do pluck up the courage to engage with Palestinian fighters in street fighting, which isn't very often, have done and do exactly that. BUT, the Palestinians don't have the means to " bomb" the houses nor give effective warnings. It's like you think that both sides have the same options open to them when it is blatantly obvious they don't. So , no, you are not applying the same standards because you are ,or appear, ignorant of the reality as to what the combatants on each side have at their disposal.

BTW the state of Israel, if you haven't noticed, has been not only been "taking over" Palestinian homes and killing civilians whilst they have occupied them, they have taken control of/ or have effecxtive control ( read occupy ) entire geological areas belonging to the Palestinians and have used that control/occupation to strip the away the rights of millions of people on a daily basis. Now, apply that to your wish to apply the same standards to both sides.

As Hamas expends thousands of rockets intentionally targeting children like this.

You cannot target that which cannot be targeted, that much would be obvious to anyone with anywhere near a sense of reality.

At least the Israeli side have you paying the bill for their deadly rocket attacks, which are targeted because those are highly sophisticated targetable weapons being used.

They have you paying the bill to kill Palestinians in masses and they have the EU UN paying the bill to keep those that aren't killed alive.

Must be the least costly, to the occupier state/illegal settlements, occupation and illegal settlement in world history.

Lobbing rockets indiscriminately at civilian populations of the state I hate because I don't have the means to effectively combat its armed forces, is no different than flying airliners into sky scrapers filled with non-combatants. To then accuse the forces that subsequently bomb my command HQ of cowardice for not engaging me mano a mano constitutes the height of hypocrisy.

Last edited:
If I lack the sniper rifle to effectively target somebody I have a beef with, firing off a blunderbuss that I do have, in his general direction means I'm not targeting anyone at all, seeing how I can't. So if I hit all sorts of other people, that's just tough but nothing I can be held accountable for.

That kind of perversion of logic really takes some doing and possibly requires one's moral compass to be in dire need of re-calibration as well.

An example just as good would be to strap a bag of semtec to one's chest and, seeing how one lacks any other means of engaging the military (or security) forces of the state one considers to be the enemy, blow oneself up amidst a congregation of the very same.

But to refrain from targeting those on the principle that one might get shot before being able to create the desired amount of damage, to just enter a bus filled with un-involved commuters and blow those up.

Whether it's ISIS in Paris and Brussels, AQ in NYC or Hamas in Israel, anyone able to explain any difference appears to be in need of help.

You cannot target that which cannot be targeted, that much would be obvious to anyone with anywhere near a sense of reality.

At least the Israeli side have you paying the bill for their deadly rocket attacks, which are targeted because those are highly sophisticated targetable weapons being used.

They have you paying the bill to kill Palestinians in masses and they have the EU UN paying the bill to keep those that aren't killed alive.

Must be the least costly, to the occupier state/illegal settlements, occupation and illegal settlement in world history.

Hamas et al by launching at civilian centers are targeting innocent civilians such as the ten year old girl.

And that is what Hamas does by its own admission.

Arguing civilians are not targeted is ridiculous.

Beyond ridiculous.

Neither factual nor logical.

The IDF , when they do pluck up the courage to engage with Palestinian fighters in street fighting, which isn't very often, have done and do exactly that. BUT, the Palestinians don't have the means to " bomb" the houses nor give effective warnings. It's like you think that both sides have the same options open to them when it is blatantly obvious they don't. So , no, you are not applying the same standards because you are ,or appear, ignorant of the reality as to what the combatants on each side have at their disposal.

BTW the state of Israel, if you haven't noticed, has been not only been "taking over" Palestinian homes and killing civilians whilst they have occupied them, they have taken control of/ or have effecxtive control ( read occupy ) entire geological areas belonging to the Palestinians and have used that control/occupation to strip the away the rights of millions of people on a daily basis. Now, apply that to your wish to apply the same standards to both sides.

You speak of IDF rarely engaging Palestinian fighters in the streets...

While Hamas Palestinian fighters rarely engage the IDF and actually target innocent civilians.

SOSAD

Hamas et al by launching at civilian centers are targeting innocent civilians such as the ten year old girl.

And that is what Hamas does by its own admission.

Arguing civilians are not targeted is ridiculous.

Beyond ridiculous.

Neither factual nor logical.
He's claiming Hamas isn't targeting civilians while Hamas themselves say they target civilians and praise and celebrate terror attacks that kill civilians.
He's literally more extreme than they are when it comes to propaganda.

He's claiming Hamas isn't targeting civilians while Hamas themselves say they target civilians and praise and celebrate terror attacks that kill civilians.
He's literally more extreme than they are when it comes to propaganda.
Yeah, if he's not aware of what he's doing, it's pretty sad.

But if he is, it's pretty sick.

The absence of Israeli military forces in the areas struck by the rockets, as well as statements from the leaders of Hamas and other armed groups, indicate that many of these attacks are deliberately intended to strike Israeli civilians and civilian structures. Individuals who willfully authorize or carry out deliberate or indiscriminate attacks against civilians are committing war crimes.~----------------------------------------------------~In addition, Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups have frequently violated the laws of war by firing rockets from within populated areas. In doing so, they failed to take all feasible precautions to avoid placing military targets within densely populated areas, such as by removing civilians under their control from the vicinity of military targets, and protecting civilians from the danger resulting from military operations.~-------------------------------------------~Leaders of Hamas and other armed groups have publicly expressed their intention to target Israeli civilians, seeking to justify their attacks as lawful reprisals for Israeli attacks against Palestinian civilians.~---------------------------------~The purpose of the laws of war is not to create parity between parties to a conflict, or to assess their violations in light of their relevant capacities, but to minimize the harm to the civilian population. Violations of the laws of war are not measured in the number of civilian casualties, but whether each side is taking all feasible precautions to minimize civilian loss. Using unsophisticated weapons does not justify failure to respect the laws of war, nor does an adversary’s use of sophisticated weapons provide a pass to its opponents to ignore those laws.

war crimes

I understand that you believe Israel is doing various crimes (and we may discuss these later), but the topic of this thread - targeting the apartment complex - is a legal self defense regardless of any other crimes you believe Israel do, or whether the Palestinians have the means to do the same.

Lobbing rockets indiscriminately at civilian populations of the state I hate because I don't have the means to effectively combat its armed forces, is no different than flying airliners into sky scrapers filled with non-combatants. To then accuse the forces that subsequently bomb my command HQ of cowardice for not engaging me mano a mano constitutes the height of hypocrisy.
I mean there is a pretty huge difference one took out the world biggest trade center in minutes. And the other one is an indiscriminate dumbfire rocket that is lucky to start a brushfire that is made out of desperation. I guess you can say they have the same amount of HATE in them but definitely not the same effectiveness or the same thing.

I mean there is a pretty huge difference one took out the world biggest trade center in minutes. And the other one is an indiscriminate dumbfire rocket that is lucky to start a brushfire that is made out of desperation. I guess you can say they have the same amount of HATE in them but definitely not the same effectiveness or the same thing.

Why do you continue to lie?

Why do you continue to lie?

You are the liars comparing 9/11 to a shitty dumbfire rocket that only killed 10 people after launching 3,000 of them. I apologize that you dont get to win the Victim Olympics.

You are the liars comparing 9/11 to a shitty dumbfire rocket that only killed 10 people after launching 3,000 of them. I apologize that you dont get to win the Victim Olympics.

More stupid talk.

"Dumbfire" weapons are still used on the front lines of practically every military.

And MILITARY GRADE rockets are by definition anything but "shitty".

If you had read the link you would find out you are talking out your ass as to the weapons available and used by Hamas.

And the "only killed 10 people" are the result of a combination of Iron Dome weapons, training, shelters.....

US officials estimate that the cost of repairing Gaza’s damaged hospitals, school and infrastructure will amount to several billion dollars, while the United Nations says hundreds of homes have been completely destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom