• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:20] Israel targets entire apartment complex labeling it "Hamas command structure"

Exactly, Hamas tried to show his power and "protect el aksa" by firing rockets to Jerusalem and win the heart of the palestinians. Hamas should have think deeply before doing it.
They've actually succeeded, albeit in part.

By demonstrating that the Iron Dome can be in parts circumnavigated, they've led many of their followers to believe that they're to be reckoned with and thus an entity to rally to far more than the PA which (currently) does not engage in such destructive tactics, destructive both to Israel and to their own.

The element of the internal conflict among the Palestinian parties should not be underestimated in this whole affair.

We can go back to the advent on Zionism but the fact remains that the present hostilities stem from the heavy handed and illegal evictions ( not even that accurate a term ) of those Palestinians living in occupied East Jerusalem.

Palestinians don't have a right to respond to Israeli war crimes ? That's a thought that is completely absent from your commentary. I think both Israel and the Palestinians have the right to self defence but it seems to be a tiny minority view here

These Hamas Gaza Palestinians have not launched a war that offers any protection for East Jerusalem residents from real or imagined illegalities. Nor is it a war that can qualify as a just cause if only because it is both disproportional to the faux cause, as well as unauthorized by the ruling government. Finally, the conduct by Hamas is a classic war crime of major proportions; the attempt to massively and randomly target and kill civilians so as to terrorize the Israeli population into submission.

Whatever the historical origins of the conflicts between these peoples, at this moment is undebatable that the paramilitary forces in the Gaza strip decided (for various reasons) it was a good time to start a war. Now, for better or worse, they, and innocents, will suffer the consequences for their rash actions.

You aren't quoting verbatim when you imagine what I mean.

You are apt to make ridiculous claims that people have been lying about what you have said and that's why you were quoted verbatim when you claimed to be against " the expansion" of Israeli settlements . I didn't " imagine" what you meant , I read what you wrote and quoted it.

That means you are against the expansion of settlements but not against those already illegally built over a nearly 60 year military occupation by Israel. It's ridicuous position, an contradictory position. You either support the laws on occupation/occupied territories and what occupiers roles and responsibilities are or you don't. So in trying to pass yourself off as evenhanded you have only shown your ability to be completely contradictory instead

You are apt to make ridiculous claims that people have been lying about what you have said and that's why you were quoted verbatim when you claimed to be against " the expansion" of Israeli settlements . I didn't " imagine" what you meant , I read what you wrote and quoted it.

That means you are against the expansion of settlements but not against those already illegally built over a nearly 60 year military occupation by Israel. It's ridicuous position, an contradictory position. You either support the laws on occupation/occupied territories and what occupiers roles and responsibilities are or you don't. So in trying to pass yourself off as evenhanded you have only shown your ability to be completely contradictory instead

You still aren't quoting verbatim when you spew your own biased based beliefs about what I mean or believe.

This is my post from which the recent exchange originates

and this is the response One being the case of how Hamas treats its own, the other attempting to show that Israel does the same, while it certainly does not treat its own in the same manner.

Anyone not seeing the idiocy of the attempted equation is most probably beyond further help or, perceivably, conveniently rejects it.

In your post you comment on how Palestinian reporters are treated by Hamas. In my post I comment, correctly, that the treatment of Palestinian reporters by the state of Israel is even worse and on a much larger scale. That is the equation, the treatment of Palestinian journalist by whoever.

That you are trying to slither out of this equation by claiming that I somehow referenced how Israel treated its own journalists (I didn't ) is just your dishonest approach to debate being again. It's the SOSAD, you get caught applying different standards based on personal bias and so you are compelled to go to your default dishonest postings that are misrepresentations of the posts of those who call you out over it.

Seems you're as guilty of doing what you outline as everybody else is.;)

No, it's seems like you can't read other peoples words properly again. It's like the most noticeable feature of your postings here and cannot thus be an accident.

Do you even recall Evilroddys line you quoted ?

It includes the word" we " in it. IE we are all guilty of it........................ make sure you are sitting down for the next part...................that includes you and me.

And that negates my statement how?

It qualifies your statement with reality, something you don't want to understand by the looks of it

In your post you comment on how Palestinian reporters are treated by Hamas. In my post I comment, correctly, that the treatment of Palestinian reporters by the state of Israel is even worse and on a much larger scale. That is the equation, the treatment of Palestinian journalist by whoever.

That you are trying to slither out of this equation by claiming that I somehow referenced how Israel treated its own journalists (I didn't ) is just your dishonest approach to debate being again. It's the SOSAD, you get caught applying different standards based on personal bias and so you are compelled to go to your default dishonest postings that are misrepresentations of the posts of those who call you out over it.

SOSAD... Not an original bone in your body.

SOSAD... Not an original bone in your body.
attempting to equate how Hamas treats its own with how Israel does not treat its own has got to be the new height of perversion of logic. What a cross-mingle, eh?:rolleyes:

Next thing we'll get justification over Hamas treatment of its own (Palestinian) journalists, on account of Israel doing the same and also to the very same. Not even remotely reaching "you kick my dog and I'll kick yours" but "you kick my dog and so I can kick it too."

Jesus wept!

One may reasonably assume that the current flare-up would have erupted over the next best issue anyway, the "potential" evictions (eviction orders not yet having been issued as far as I can tell) mentioned serving as good an excuse for Hamas as the next opportunity.

One may judge the eviction issues as one wishes (I personally hold it to be a stupid move) but Hamas is not firing rockets indiscriminately upon Israel in defense of the people of Eastern Jerusalem, but rather taking the opportunity to rally Palestinians in its support.

In clear realization that the inevitable response will incur casualties in Gaza, thus further promoting the victim narrative.
So Palestinians should just accept their "stupid" violation by the occupiers and suck it up. OK.

See post #274 to save everybody time.

Post 274 has been already shown to be a fraud, a misrepresentation like most of your other posts here btw. If you want to see people " saving time" you should just admit to your posts being a collection of fraudulent concoctions that you are compelled to resort to as each one of your dishonest misrepresentations is exposed.

The opening line of your reply 288 is just the same misrepresentation being made, like as though people won't notice it. :ROFLMAO:

Here it is in all its illustrative deceitfulness

"attempting to equate how Hamas treats its own with how Israel does not treat its own"

That's not what I was equating at all ,so you are forced into misrepresenting it, in your usual dishonest style . I equated how both Israel and Hamas treat Palestinian journalists and how Israel has a worse rap sheet than Hamas does regarding it.

Once more your posts have been shown to be fraudulent misrepresentations of what others are saying, others that are outing your ignorance on the subject ,as shown in your postings here.

You did the same thing to Evilroddy today and I pointed out that misrepresentation of his words too. You do it so often it must be intentional.

Next thing we'll get justification over Hamas treatment of its own (Palestinian) journalists, on account of Israel doing the same and also to the very same.

Jesus wept!

I have already addressed it when I commented on their " odious " treatment of Palestinian journalists. You must have missed it when you were consumed about how to keep on misrepresenting peoples words here. lols it's just too easy to rubbish your claims and speculations.

Jesus probably never wept btw, he likely found your postings here hysterically funny in their absurdity

So, it does nothing to negate my statement.

Didn't think so.

Yes it does, it means that most of the fighters firing those weapons don't have the means , training or capacity to perform how you are demanding they should. That is the reality with most people being able to see and understand it but there will always be those who deny reality so as to hang on to a long held belief that runs counter to it.

So Palestinians should just accept their "stupid" violation by the occupiers and suck it up. OK.
I didn't mention what Palestinians should do, I was addressing what Hamas is doing and what its more ulterior motives are.

See how it is being framed ? A " stupid move" ? Really? lol It's got to be a crime under the laws of occupation. Recall the vast majority of people under occupation are supposed to be protected by the occupying power.

Ask him if he thinks that suicide bombings or rocket fire from Gaza into Israel are " stupid moves"?

The commentary here is so bizarre he will probably claim I am casting the two as the same, when the truth is they are all crimes, albeit to different degrees imho.

Yes it does, it means that most of the fighters firing those weapons don't have the means , training or capacity to perform how you are demanding they should. That is the reality with most people being able to see and understand it but there will always be those who deny reality so as to hang on to a long held belief that runs counter to it.

You are arguing that Hamas is incapable of using a weapon system over a century old that can be manipulated by conscripts with practically zero training...

You really have a poor opinion of the intelligence of the Hamas fighter.

I didn't mention what Palestinians should do, I was addressing what Hamas is doing and what its more ulterior motives are.

No, you were referring to intended crimes being committed by the state of Israel against the occupied Palestinians as " stupid moves" and not as crimes and it's hugely illustrative of a deep seated bias and indifference to criminality when it is prosecuted by your prefered camp. There is no other way to read it so you busted yourself with that comment

Your posts are full of misrepresentations and distortions which are akin to knocking down pieces in the game. You cannot discuss things with people who constantly resort to such dishonest tactics, so stop trying to project your own inability to debate onto others. Your posts have been outed for the frauds they are on so many occasions any reasonable person would have long since took a damage limitation time out. You choose to project and gaslight in your posts which is to be expected tbh

If there's one truth recently stated it's
You cannot discuss things with people who constantly resort to such dishonest tactics,
because even where I probably could, just for amusement's sake, I'm not likely to.

Back
Top Bottom