• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Upset parents change baby at Chipotle table.

Nobody is degrading a baby. At all. Quit being dishonest, just because you got your ass handed to you by about a dozen people in the thread, and now it's spilling into other threads.

The PARENTS are being degraded, because they are too stupid to walk outside to the car to change a dirty diaper.

The baby is not being degraded, because the baby didn't jump up and request that the parents be immature, unsanitary morons, and change him on the table.

What car? Do you believe everyone that dines at Chipotle arrives in a car? That is the kind of thinking that has Chipotle in the situation they are in now...

Scathing their heads saying "why didn't we think of that".

Yeah and imagine if that single parent had 3 kids with him?

Potentially we could have toddler anarchy instead of baby being changed on a table.

Besides, what table was this child changed on?

Oh yeah I don't think you know.

a chipotle table.

a chipotle table.

Wow, a Bar & Grill...

Maybe 21 and over should be a prerequisite - that way we wont have Diaper problems..

If it even matters I have a difficult time allowing children into bars in the first place unless they're over 12 and aren't drinking and just playing games.

I think they'd be much more OK with the idea of the baby being taken out to the car and changed, than to have a full diaper being changed right on the table that people eat on, right next to them. I'm a mom. If I saw someone walk out with a stinky baby, I'd laugh, feel for them and move on to the main course. If someone at the table beside me laid the baby on the table and started changing a stinky diaper right next to where I was eating, I'd get up and leave, but not before I gave the parents, and the management, an earful. It's tacky, and I don't believe for a minute that you'd be OK with a situation like that.

I have kids. 3 of them. I have never, and would never, do something so tacky and low-class as to change a baby on a table that people eat on. I've taken them out to the car, or laid a blanket on the floor in the bathroom and changed them there. It's not rocket science, and it doesn't take a genius to just adjust to less-than-ideal situations.

:roll: Once again, politics are inserted where they have no business being inserted. Find a new schtick.

Half of the dry weight of feces is bacteria. You want to get that in your food, go ahead, but I'll pass. I actually try to avoid getting sick.

Ok, my friend has tried showing me how to change a diaper and, I'm sorry, it might as well be rocket science. My attempts (all three or so, of them) left the diaper sagging around her son's knees as if I used a diaper that was already carrying a full load.

Yeah and I have one right across the street from my house, however my assertion still stands unless you feel we should be giving 12-year-olds Margaritas?

I don't think you know a damn thing about working at a bar.
This is about a restaurant. Chipotle is a restaurant. not a bar.

I really don't think complaining about it is any more productive.
Yet you keep coming back and participating. Actions speak louder than words.

Yeah well I find it disgusting that a lot of posters are degrading a baby.
Not one single person blamed, or "denigrated" the baby. (You seem to have a penchant for hyperbole, btw) All the blame has been placed solely at the feet of the parent(s).

Ok, my friend has tried showing me how to change a diaper and, I'm sorry, it might as well be rocket science. My attempts (all three or so, of them) left the diaper sagging around her son's knees as if I used a diaper that was already carrying a full load.

It takes a bit of practice, even with the new disposable ones with their straps and so on. When mine were babies, we used cloth diapers and safety pins. Parents learned to put their fingers under the diaper to feel where the pin was. Babies objected rather loudly to an accidental pin prick.

When they get to six or eight months of age and never lie still, changing them can become something of a wrestling match as well.

Only the very practiced could possibly do it with one hand.

Yeah and I have one right across the street from my house, however my assertion still stands unless you feel we should be giving 12-year-olds Margaritas?

I don't think you know a damn thing about working at a bar.
What a silly thing to say. Chipotle is not a bar, I don't even think they serve margaritas. Are you suggesting kids shouldn't be allowed in Applebee's, or Bonefish, or any other number of restaurants that serve adult beverages? Chipotle doesn't even have an actual bar like those other places.

Bottom line, it was grossly rude to the other patrons to change a diaper on the table in the middle of a restaurant. We're not even talking an infant.

Maybe 21 and over should be a prerequisite - that way we wont have Diaper problems..

You'd be surprised...Of course they can change themselves in the restrooms.

I can understand being disappointed that there was no changing table, but to get all pissed off about it is just plain stupid. This is just another example of how rude our society is becoming. It never ceases to dismay me.

I can understand being disappointed that there was no changing table, but to get all pissed off about it is just plain stupid. This is just another example of how rude our society is becoming. It never ceases to dismay me.

I think it's odd that people are making such a big deal about a baby being changed.

Besides, who has never seen a baby changed? so it's not like it's something we have never seen before...

I think it's odd that people are making such a big deal about a baby being changed.

Besides, who has never seen a baby changed? so it's not like it's something we have never seen before...

Most normal people don't like to see, or smell **** when they are eating. We're talking a 16 month old, not exactly a baby.

Most normal people don't like to see, or smell **** when they are eating. We're talking a 16 month old, not exactly a baby.

I'm wondering if the obsession over this thread is more weird than the parent that changed the child???

Is this incident really a world changing event or just a place for people to collectively agree and feel like an army of comrades against parents and babies?

Good then never go to prison - but that would be the least of your worries.

Back
Top Bottom