• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Upset parents change baby at Chipotle table.

Anyone knows a kid with an exploding diaper can be quite spontaneous - would you really like the entire restaurant to see this mess while the baby is brought out?

I think people should have compassion and understanding for the situation and if they don't have kids them selves at least understand.

Once again the "liberals" are the least "liberal"

What you think you're going to get Hep-C from a flippin baby?

No it's not a pleasant sight (at least for those not accustom to such events)...

It's not just an unpleasant sight, it's against the Health Code and is unsanitary. It was an eating establishment, and they did it on the eating table.

If the bathroom was out of order, would they have come out and defecated on the eating table?

What do you think YOUR parents did, when they had to change your diaper? There were no changing tables in public restrooms then. Do you think your mother changed your poopy diapers on the eating tables in restaurants? Or do you think she did the normal thing & took you out to the car, or maybe used the blankie she had in your diaper bag to lay on the bathroom floor? Yeah...I'm thinking your mother left the house prepared to change your poopy diaper somewhere inconvenient. That's what you do if you want to go places with Baby.

We morons in the baby boomer generation changed babies in the car. And we went prepared to change the baby on our own, wherever we went. We didn't rely on others to provide "special" areas. Sissies who have been coddled all their lives, apparently.

I don't think you can blame this one on a new generation of parents. In fact, I would bet there were baby boomer parents who did this kind of thing too. It's just that back then the only people who heard about it were the people in the restaurant, or possibly some people who read about it in the paper on a slow news day.

That's disgusting. How narcissistic and demanding young people have become.

What a wide brush you paint with there. I'm not an "old" person (nor are some others who have also replied to this thread) and i find their unhygenic, inconsiderate and disgusting actions revolting, much like i imagine any reasonable person would.

It's not just an unpleasant sight, it's against the Health Code and is unsanitary. It was an eating establishment, and they did it on the eating table.

If the bathroom was out of order, would they have come out and defecated on the eating table?

What do you think YOUR parents did, when they had to change your diaper? There were no changing tables in public restrooms then. Do you think your mother changed your poopy diapers on the eating tables in restaurants? Or do you think she did the normal thing & took you out to the car, or maybe used the blankie she had in your diaper bag to lay on the bathroom floor? Yeah...I'm thinking your mother left the house prepared to change your poopy diaper somewhere inconvenient. That's what you do if you want to go places with Baby.

You still don't understand the whole "baby" part do you?

Besides, when I was young enough to wear diapers my parents were far too poor to go out to eat so...

I come from an extremely large extended family and at family gatherings 5 minutes don't go by where someone isn't changing a diaper or breastfeeding. So I suppose I'm "desensitized" to such actions.....I don't given them a second thought..

Babies eat and **** and they have no control which is why they have diapers in the first place.

Last edited:
You still don't understand the whole "baby" part do you?

Besides, when I was young enough to wear diapers my parents were far too poor to go out to eat so...

I come from an extremely large extended family and at family gatherings 5 minutes don't go by where someone isn't changing a diaper or breastfeeding. So I suppose I'm "desensitized" to such actions.....I don't given them a second thought..

Babies eat and **** and they have no control which is why they have diapers in the first place.
Are you saying that your large and desensitized family changed diapers on the dining table?

Well apparently I don't give a **** about baby **** and you do..... It speaks volumes as to how compassionate I am opposed to yourself....
It speaks volumes about your lack of awareness of basic sanitation.

Maybe it's normal to me? IDK, but in the decency of humanity I would expect someone to have compassion for the baby and not the mothers decision..
The decent thing to do is not to risk getting **** all over a dining surface in a compact restaurant.

Another decent thing is to refrain from inventing conditions from whole cloth, and imposing them on the situation, to the advantage of your position. Again, there is no indication that this was some sort of extreme emergency, such that they had no choice whatsoever but to clear the nearest space possible.

I.e. millions upon millions of people raise kids, and somehow managed to refrain from changing their babies in the middle of restaurants and stores and the like, even (as noted above) long before there were changing stations in bathrooms. How?!? How could this possibly be the case?!? Oh wait, I know. Most parents aren't entitled self-centered a**holes who take out their frustrations on their fellow patrons. They find an appropriate place to change the baby.

Parents who treat their fellow citizens with respect, deserve respect. Arrogant parents who change a diaper in the middle of a Chipotle do not.

I suppose it's easy to talk **** from the sideline....
Lots of parents are criticizing the couple for their actions, even in this very thread.

can we end this here because I'm tired of talking about exploding diapers and how the parent handled it....
Then stop responding to the thread.

Were the parent's actions appropriate?

Do you think they felt they had no other choice?

Do you think they did it to merely "prove a point"?

Should a restaurant be required, or even feel obligated if not required, to provide changing tables in restrooms?

Yeah, well back in the day before there was such a thing as a changing tables in restrooms one of us just took the little one out to the van to change them.

Yeah, well back in the day before there was such a thing as a changing tables in restrooms one of us just took the little one out to the van to change them.
Common sense, really. Then again, it's called that because there are souls wandering about that lack any measure of it... as we are experiencing.

Oh please, lack of class has been going on since way before the younger generation.

Look no further than the morons in the baby boomer generation.

I thought you said you were 15 years old.

The problem I would have personally changing a baby in a public area like a Chipotle, would be the people around taking their selfies or a picture of their burrito, posting it right away, and suddenly the baby's hooha or whatnot is up on the internet for everyone to see. I don't have a baby anymore but if I was in charge of one, I would have consideration for that baby to get off my butt and go out to the car to give them some privacy when changing their diaper.

Should a restaurant be required, or even feel obligated if not required, to provide changing tables in restrooms?

They have no obligation to provide changing rooms. I hope that couple was kicked out and banned. Parents these days seem to be one of the biggest entitlement groups out there. Pretending the rest of us just have to put up with their BS because they have a kid.

The link doesn't work here, but I assume these people decided to rip a diaper full of **** in a dining area.

Nice.

They had how many choices of restaurants? How many of them cater to young families? How many of them deliberately cater to people like me, who has raised two families thank you and would like to enjoy a meal out without having to listen to screaming brats or smell some slithering misfit's offspring's ****.

Oh look....parents!

Who said it was on the table in the first place?

You know 30 years ago no one would have cared?

I think what some call progress I call bullying,

You appear to have no clue whatsoever what happened 30 years ago....and no, I can swear on a stack of Bibles that nothing close to this would have ever been tolerated 30 years ago, in 1984 they likely would have been arrested. Women who breast fed in public sometimes were, let along filling a restaurant full of the smell of feces.

These people had other choices, a few hundred in fact where change tables are provided. They chose one that did not, and made a scene out of it. I would convict on a charge of public indecency and creating a disturbance.

Having raised kids, your earlier claims about babies and emergencies etc., is either bs, or your method of raising infants is something out of a fairy tail. For 10,000 years or more infants have been pooping themselves and unless the infant is real sick, it is a very common and ubiquitous event, seldom requiring the need to disrupt the diners of other restaurant patrons.

What you are defending IS bullying, forcing a restaurant full of people to conform to their will and way of living.

The link doesn't work here, but I assume these people decided to rip a diaper full of **** in a dining area.

Nice.

They had how many choices of restaurants? How many of them cater to young families? How many of them deliberately cater to people like me, who has raised two families thank you and would like to enjoy a meal out without having to listen to screaming brats or smell some slithering misfit's offspring's ****.

Oh look....parents!

The link seems to have gone away for unknown reasons. Originally, it went to a story about a couple who were ticked off because there were no changing tables in the restrooms, and so decided to change a dirty diaper in the middle of the tables where people eat as some sort of demonstration, I suppose.

How anyone could possibly support such a thing is beyond me, but, reading over this thread, it appears that some people think it's perfectly OK.

The link seems to have gone away for unknown reasons. Originally, it went to a story about a couple who were ticked off because there were no changing tables in the restrooms, and so decided to change a dirty diaper in the middle of the tables where people eat as some sort of demonstration, I suppose.

How anyone could possibly support such a thing is beyond me, but, reading over this thread, it appears that some people think it's perfectly OK.
One person seems ok with it, from what I can tell.

I think what the parents did was way out of line. They should have taken the child to the car as soon as they recognized it had a bowel movement to change her. If they didn't have a car they should have come equipped with a stroller that they could have changed her in the stroller outside. And if nothing else they should have been equipped with a damn blanket in the diaper bag with the damn diapers they were toting around to lay the child on the bathroom floor and change her. To change the child on a table in the restaurant while others are eating just to make a point is over the top.

I think he should volunteer to move his meal over to the side while some random parent changes their kid's diaper on the other part. He can continue eating, of course, as it's no big deal.

Of course. :lol: It's no big deal. Unless you like a side of e-coli with your ribeye.

People need to have more compassion for babies...

Some do realize that some families just change their babies diapers wherever they are regardless if there are 20 family members just sitting there?

No one I knows actually brings their baby to the bathroom to change a diaper, and no one I know finds a "private spot" to breastfeed....

I come from an extremely large Roman Catholic family and none of us are ashamed by our children especially when they're in diapers.

Back
Top Bottom