• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Upset parents change baby at Chipotle table.

Were the parent's actions appropriate?

Do you think they felt they had no other choice?

Do you think they did it to merely "prove a point"?

Should a restaurant be required, or even feel obligated if not required, to provide changing tables in restrooms?
IMO changing tables should be added to the Universal Building Code. However, they are not part of the UBC, and so parents should never expect there to be one. Take the child out to the car.

Were the parent's actions appropriate?

Do you think they felt they had no other choice?

Do you think they did it to merely "prove a point"?

Should a restaurant be required, or even feel obligated if not required, to provide changing tables in restrooms?

And this is why I don't eat at restaurants for commoners.

People need to have more compassion for babies...

Some do realize that some families just change their babies diapers wherever they are regardless if there are 20 family members just sitting there?

No one I knows actually brings their baby to the bathroom to change a diaper, and no one I know finds a "private spot" to breastfeed....

I come from an extremely large Roman Catholic family and none of us are ashamed by our children especially when they're in diapers.

and do you change their diapers in the middle of the dining room table while dinner is being served?

Eeeewwww!

and do you change their diapers in the middle of the dining room table while dinner is being served?

Eeeewwww!

No but on Christmas eve in 2011 my nephew had an exploding diaper incident when we were eating and they changed him on the floor right next to the table where we were all eating...

But like I said in previous posts I come from a huge extended family and at any given moment a baby is being changed and someone is breastfeeding so you kinda get used to it...

No but on Christmas eve in 2011 my nephew had an exploding diaper incident when we were eating and they changed him on the floor right next to the table where we were all eating...

But like I said in previous posts I come from a huge extended family and at any given moment a baby is being changed and someone is breastfeeding so you kinda get used to it...

Babies being changed on the floor, OK.
Babies being breast fed in public, OK.

Diapers being changed in the middle of a table at a restaurant, not OK.

Babies being changed on the floor, OK.
Babies being breast fed in public, OK.

Diapers being changed in the middle of a table at a restaurant, not OK.

I don't even know the circumstances as to why the woman changed her baby on a table...

Was the bathroom locked? was there no baby changing thing in the bathroom? was the only possible spot to change the child at the table?

I'm sure there is more to this story than just some crazy lady who thinks changing babies on tables is "normal" and just fine.

I don't even know the circumstances as to why the woman changed her baby on a table...

obviously

Was the bathroom locked?

no
was there no baby changing thing in the bathroom?

no, there wasn't. That was the point of the "protest."

was the only possible spot to change the child at the table?

of course not

I'm sure there is more to this story than just some crazy lady who thinks changing babies on tables is "normal" and just fine.

Yes, thinking that changing babies on dining tables is normal is crazy.

obviously

no

no, there wasn't. That was the point of the "protest."

of course not

Yes, thinking that changing babies on dining tables is normal is crazy.

IMO, it makes no damn sense to me and quite frankly I'm getting sick of talking about these remedial "walmartish" stories when the world is going to hell and we could be spending more time talking about geopolitics rather than a pseuto-Jerry Springer episode. haha..

IMO, it makes no damn sense to me and quite frankly I'm getting sick of talking about these remedial "walmartish" stories when the world is going to hell and we could be spending more time talking about geopolitics rather than a pseuto-Jerry Springer episode. haha..
There are plenty of threads about how the world is going to Hell. You could join one.

There are plenty of threads about how the world is going to Hell. You could join one.

They all suck because none stay on topic, the thread turns into political gang banging and no one even has a solution for anything...

They all suck because none stay on topic, the thread turns into political gang banging and no one even has a solution for anything...

You're looking for solutions on DP?

I have lots of solutions. The problem is, so does everyone else, and they don't want to hear mine.

Make one that doesn't.

Faining lack of interest, when you are clearly interested isdishonest.

If these types of discussions are beneath you, go elsewhere.

You're looking for solutions on DP?

I have lots of solutions. The problem is, so does everyone else, and they don't want to hear mine.

Then why even have mods? lets just turn this board int Lord of The Flies for adults... It's closer to that now than a simple political board where people can exchange ideas.

Make one that doesn't.

Faining lack of interest, when you are clearly interested isdishonest.

If these types of discussions are beneath you, go elsewhere.

I cant make one considering the topic would only stay on topic for 10-15 posts before it gets derailed or hijacked into something else..... It's really not worth my time.

I cant make one considering the topic would only stay on topic for 10-15 posts before it gets derailed or hijacked into something else..... It's really not worth my time.

I really don't think complaining about it is any more productive.

I really don't think complaining about it is any more productive.

Yeah well I find it disgusting that a lot of posters are degrading a baby.

Yeah well I find it disgusting that a lot of posters are degrading a baby.

Nobody is degrading a baby. At all. Quit being dishonest, just because you got your ass handed to you by about a dozen people in the thread, and now it's spilling into other threads.

The PARENTS are being degraded, because they are too stupid to walk outside to the car to change a dirty diaper.

The baby is not being degraded, because the baby didn't jump up and request that the parents be immature, unsanitary morons, and change him on the table.

Nobody is degrading a baby. At all. Quit being dishonest, just because you got your ass handed to you by about a dozen people in the thread, and now it's spilling into other threads.

The PARENTS are being degraded, because they are too stupid to walk outside to the car to change a dirty diaper.

The baby is not being degraded, because the baby didn't jump up and request that the parents be immature, unsanitary morons, and change him on the table.

My ass was not handed to me - no more than your ass would be handed to you in a Mexican prison..

You make no good points whatsoever considering you don't know the circumstances and are quick to believe any story that is told to you - much like an athlete left a 4 dollar tip on a 3k bill...

So who is owned?

Just think how popular your favorite restaurant or fast food joint would be without bathroom facilities.

Should we keep people with small children out of restaurants because the baby may poop his diaper? Where exactly does on change a child with a diaper...on the rest room floor?

Should the child be forced to remain in his filth until the next stop?

Where exactly were they supposed to change the child?

Maybe these are the questions the designers of restaurants should have asked themselves while designing Chipotle.

God knows they had to take pooping into consideration knowing Chipotle's food choices....

Than there wouldn't be another parent.

Yeah and imagine if that single parent had 3 kids with him?

Potentially we could have toddler anarchy instead of baby being changed on a table.

Besides, what table was this child changed on?

Oh yeah I don't think you know.

Back
Top Bottom