• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Upset parents change baby at Chipotle table.

Why couldn't they just change him on the floor and spare customers from their baby's fecal matter?

Oh hell no, those floors are disgusting. We always took the kid out to the car and changed him in the back. Another great reason to have a SUV.

Were the parent's actions appropriate?

Do you think they felt they had no other choice?

Do you think they did it to merely "prove a point"?

Should a restaurant be required, or even feel obligated if not required, to provide changing tables in restrooms?

It's rare for a restaurant or any other public facility restroom not to have changing tables, so a big frowny-face to Chipotle for ignoring this obvious customer need.

That said, I'd have gone out to the car to take care of business. Nobody with the IQ above that of a boiled turnip would think changing a diaper in the midst of a bunch of people trying to eat, at a table that other people would be eating at later, was a sanitary or appropriate action. They're lucky they weren't kicked out instantly.

Absolutely disgusting. I would ask them to leave, and then immediately start cleaning the table. That kind of behavior is atrocious.

Seriously - I have 3 kids. You have to get creative, sometimes. There weren't a lot of changing tables around when my girls were babies. I've even had to lay out a baby blanket and change them on the floor. Or go out to the car. Anything but be so disgusting, and unsanitary, as to change a child on a table that people EAT on, for pity's sake.

Breast feeding is absolutely normal and Those who oppose --- wll i see psychosis to even narcissism .

Should a restaurant be required, or even feel obligated if not required, to provide changing tables in restrooms?

The parents made a poor choice when other options were available to them. It's easy to be lazy and not think about anyone but yourself with what she did, to lazy to care about the other people in the restaurant, to lazy to think about the sanitary conditions she created, to lazy to care about the restaurant management team would do and so on. It was all about her not thinking beyond her own tiny box of doing what she wanted to do regardless of what anyone else smelled or thought.

No, that's absolutely disgusting.

I'm sure they had other choices. I absolutely think they did it to make a point.

I think that it's silly not to when your restaurant caters to families with children, but I don't think it should be required.

I'd have just taken the kid out for a couple minutes and changed her in the car.

The link doesn't seem to want to work for me but I get the gist of what happened here. It's disgusting.

It's a baby and babies have needs and people should really overlook these types of things (especially if they have children of their own)...

If the establishment didn't have the facilities to change a baby or if the door was locked or if someone was even cleaning the bathroom what could you possibly do - especially when a baby has an "exploding" diaper...

The lack of respect for mothers and infants these days from breastfeeding to changing diapers is really starting to piss me off.

Especially when no one would find it offensive if two gays had a makeout session right a few booths down.

The fact of the matter is that babies don't know when it's appropriate to **** or to feed and anyone who thinks they do is seriously delusional.

I will say this tho - in Asia they actually train their kids to go "potty" on demand by ringing a bell (I believe) which is kind of interesting but certainly off topic.

Breast feeding is absolutely normal and Those who oppose --- wll i see psychosis to even narcissism .

What does breast feeding have to do with changing a (bleep!)y diaper on a table where food is served?

What does breast feeding have to do with changing a (bleep!)y diaper on a table where food is served?

Who said it was on the table in the first place?

You know 30 years ago no one would have cared?

I think what some call progress I call bullying,

Oh, yes, people would have cared 30 years ago.

and the OP was about changing a kid on the table, not about breast feeding.

Were the parent's actions appropriate? Do you think they felt they had no other choice?
No, and no

Clearly

Nope.

Chipotle is a "fast casual" restaurant -- basically high-quality fast food. Parents aren't spending an hour plus waiting for their food. If they did, I'd say the parents have a stronger case. Instead, they come off as entitled and arrogant.

If the establishment didn't have the facilities to change a baby or if the door was locked or if someone was even cleaning the bathroom what could you possibly do - especially when a baby has an "exploding" diaper...
I'd go somewhere else.

Changing a baby on a table where people eat is not just rude, it's downright unsanitary.

The lack of respect for mothers and infants these days from breastfeeding to changing diapers is really starting to piss me off.
This is not about "respect for mothers." I have plenty of respect for parents, it's a very difficult job. That doesn't justify exposing restaurant patrons to a highly unsanitary situation like this.

Especially when no one would find it offensive if two gays had a makeout session right a few booths down.
Errrrwha? Two guys making out in a restaurant doesn't expose other patrons to fecal matter.

The fact of the matter is that babies don't know when it's appropriate to **** or to feed and anyone who thinks they do is seriously delusional.
No one's faulting the parents for needing to change their baby. What's inappropriate is how they reacted to the lack of a changing station in the bathroom.

Oh, yes, people would have cared 30 years ago.

and the OP was about changing a kid on the table, not about breast feeding.

No one would have gave a damn 30 years ago unless that person was just looking for a reason to be pissed..

Furthermore I see no evidence of a baby being changed on a table....

Just remember we're talking about a baby here - as if it's the kids fault he needed to be changed and as if we knew the circumstances surrounding the even (even if the kid was changed on the table)....

IMO, I'm even more disgusted that adults found it offensive if it really happened.

What do they want the baby to scream the whole meal? but of course then there would be a thread about "bad parenting skills" and how its wrong for infants to cry in public....

Be a human, not a political correctness cop.

I suppose the word "empathy" only applies to progressives getting pepper sprayed while impeding others.

No one would have gave a damn 30 years ago unless that person was just looking for a reason to be pissed..

Furthermore I see no evidence of a baby being changed on a table....

Just remember we're talking about a baby here - as if it's the kids fault he needed to be changed and as if we knew the circumstances surrounding the even (even if the kid was changed on the table)....

IMO, I'm even more disgusted that adults found it offensive if it really happened.

What do they want the baby to scream the whole meal? but of course then there would be a thread about "bad parenting skills" and how its wrong for infants to cry in public....

Be a human, not a political correctness cop.

I suppose the word "empathy" only applies to progressives getting pepper sprayed while impeding others.

In another post, you mentioned "exploding diaper." Do you really want to eat on a table where an "exploding diaper" was just changed?

I certainly don't.

TAKE THE KID OUT TO THE CAR. Problem solved.

In another post, you mentioned "exploding diaper." Do you really want to eat on a table where an "exploding diaper" was just changed?

I certainly don't.

TAKE THE KID OUT TO THE CAR. Problem solved.

Anyone knows a kid with an exploding diaper can be quite spontaneous - would you really like the entire restaurant to see this mess while the baby is brought out?

I think people should have compassion and understanding for the situation and if they don't have kids them selves at least understand.

Once again the "liberals" are the least "liberal"

What you think you're going to get Hep-C from a flippin baby?

No it's not a pleasant sight (at least for those not accustom to such events)...

I'd go somewhere else.

Changing a baby on a table where people eat is not just rude, it's downright unsanitary.

This is not about "respect for mothers." I have plenty of respect for parents, it's a very difficult job. That doesn't justify exposing restaurant patrons to a highly unsanitary situation like this.

Errrrwha? Two guys making out in a restaurant doesn't expose other patrons to fecal matter.

No one's faulting the parents for needing to change their baby. What's inappropriate is how they reacted to the lack of a changing station in the bathroom.

You obviously don't have kids and don't understand that is not an option when **** is spewing out the onzie....

You seem to be worked up bc we find it to be gross. You're not the lone parent here, there are many of us, and we find it disgusting,and yes I breast fed my baby at Pizza Hut!

Anyone knows a kid with an exploding diaper can be quite spontaneous - would you really like the entire restaurant to see this mess while the baby is brought out?

I think they'd be much more OK with the idea of the baby being taken out to the car and changed, than to have a full diaper being changed right on the table that people eat on, right next to them. I'm a mom. If I saw someone walk out with a stinky baby, I'd laugh, feel for them and move on to the main course. If someone at the table beside me laid the baby on the table and started changing a stinky diaper right next to where I was eating, I'd get up and leave, but not before I gave the parents, and the management, an earful. It's tacky, and I don't believe for a minute that you'd be OK with a situation like that.

I think people should have compassion and understanding for the situation and if they don't have kids them selves at least understand.

I have kids. 3 of them. I have never, and would never, do something so tacky and low-class as to change a baby on a table that people eat on. I've taken them out to the car, or laid a blanket on the floor in the bathroom and changed them there. It's not rocket science, and it doesn't take a genius to just adjust to less-than-ideal situations.

Once again the "liberals" are the least "liberal"

:roll: Once again, politics are inserted where they have no business being inserted. Find a new schtick.

What you think you're going to get Hep-C from a flippin baby?

No it's not a pleasant sight (at least for those not accustom to such events)...

Half of the dry weight of feces is bacteria. You want to get that in your food, go ahead, but I'll pass. I actually try to avoid getting sick.

They were trying to make a point, and expecting that their own needs should be met, and acting like children. I don't know what it is with the lack of class and manners that seems so prevalent now. It's a true coarsening of our society.

That's disgusting. How narcissistic and demanding young people have become. Do they realize that until a few years ago, no public restrooms had changing tables? That's a new thing. What do they think parents did for the last century?

They should've changed the baby in the car. Filthy people. Or carry a blankie in the diaper bag to lay on the bathroom floor. THEIR failure to be prepared for changing their baby does not make it everyone else's problem.

Oh please, lack of class has been going on since way before the younger generation.

Look no further than the morons in the baby boomer generation.

We morons in the baby boomer generation changed babies in the car. And we went prepared to change the baby on our own, wherever we went. We didn't rely on others to provide "special" areas. Sissies who have been coddled all their lives, apparently.

You obviously don't have kids and don't understand that is not an option when **** is spewing out the onzie....
There is no indication whatsoever that this was so urgent that the parents had absolutely no choice but to change the baby's diaper at the closest possible surface. If they did, they could have changed the baby in the bathroom, even without a changing table.

In addition, if the situation really was that bad, then the parents were obviously exposing the other patrons -- who did nothing wrong -- to a ridiculously unsanitary situation.

We also don't see parents doing this, on a regular basis. And it's not like every single establishment has a changing table.

Even if the couple is justified in being upset about the lack of a changing table, their subsequent behavior is completely unacceptable and inexcusable.

There is no indication whatsoever that this was so urgent that the parents had absolutely no choice but to change the baby's diaper at the closest possible surface. If they did, they could have changed the baby in the bathroom, even without a changing table.

In addition, if the situation really was that bad, then the parents were obviously exposing the other patrons -- who did nothing wrong -- to a ridiculously unsanitary situation.

We also don't see parents doing this, on a regular basis. And it's not like every single establishment has a changing table.

Even if the couple is justified in being upset about the lack of a changing table, their subsequent behavior is completely unacceptable and inexcusable.

Well apparently I don't give a **** about baby **** and you do..... It speaks volumes as to how compassionate I am opposed to yourself....

Maybe it's normal to me? IDK, but in the decency of humanity I would expect someone to have compassion for the baby and not the mothers decision..

can we end this here because I'm tired of talking about exploding diapers and how the parent handled it.... It's not exactly I have never been in a situation like that before so, who the **** is one to talk about such unfortunate and uncontrollable situations?

I suppose it's easy to talk **** from the sideline but when you're in the actual position of having to deal with such a mess and feeling embarrassed but thinking to yourself that others have been there and done that, it kinda makes you feel better because the only ones upset are the virgins or have no kids... which probably really depresses them.

It's a baby and babies have needs and people should really overlook these types of things (especially if they have children of their own)...

I will say this tho - in Asia they actually train their kids to go "potty" on demand by ringing a bell (I believe) which is kind of interesting but certainly off topic.
Hyperbole much? Where did you get that? It wasn't in the original story. Or, do you not know the difference between an "exploding" diaper and just a normal & 'full' diaper?

Well apparently I don't give a **** about baby **** and you do..... It speaks volumes as to how compassionate I am opposed to yourself....

Maybe it's normal to me? IDK, but in the decency of humanity I would expect someone to have compassion for the baby and not the mothers decision..

can we end this here because I'm tired of talking about exploding diapers and how the parent handled it.... It's not exactly I have never been in a situation like that before so, who the **** is one to talk about such unfortunate and uncontrollable situations?

I suppose it's easy to talk **** from the sideline but when you're in the actual position of having to deal with such a mess and feeling embarrassed but thinking to yourself that others have been there and done that, it kinda makes you feel better because the only ones upset are the virgins or have no kids... which probably really depresses them.

:lol: Do you even have kids? Have you ever even changed a diaper? EVERYONE WHO HAS KIDS has had to change diapers in less-than-ideal situations. You are acting like this couple is the only couple ever in the history of having babies, to have a stinky diaper in a public place.

We have ALL been there. I promise you this. The difference between us and the couple in the OP is how we handled the situation.

Back
Top Bottom