• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. shoots down unidentified cylindrical object over Canada

Or any other scenario. You're essentially declaring we should never shoot down things we haven't first identified. No country with air defenses or an air force does that. It's totally stupid and has no added benefit to the country. You balloon huggers are ridiculous.
So identify them first, maybe? Radical suggestion, I know...

Yes, it is a radical, and certifiably stupid suggestion that has NEVER been US or Canadian policy. You're desperate for something to whine about so you're pulling stupid statements out of your ass on a subject you know nothing about.

'Wreckage' doesn't suggest a pristine object.
Doesnt suggest smithereens either.
You were only ever going to know what the governent told you about that object. Did you think they should have tried to recover it intact to satisfy your curiousity?
We have people that we select and train and equip to deal with these situations. You don't trust them? Tough. Suck it up. Nobody cares about what you think your entitlement is around this.

Last edited:
You don't know whether or not it was identified or to what degree. Like I told you, NORAD doesn't explain itself. That's someone else's job. Youll have to wait like a good, patient adult for someone to tell you what's happening.

You don't know whether or not it was identified or to what degree. Like I told you, NORAD doesn't explain itself. That's someone else's job. Youll have to wait like a good, patient adult for someone to tell you what's happening.
The US is good at shooting things out of the sky without identifying them first...Iran Air 655?

What's changed? Media hype.
At least you’re consistent. If this had been done in exactly the same way by the prior administration the people giving you a hard time now would be agreeing with you.

The US is good at shooting things out of the sky without identifying them first...Iran Air 655?
What the heck are you on about now?
Try to remember the topic we're discussing...

"...the size of a small car, was flying at about 40,000 feet (12,200 m), could not maneuver..."

Remembering the happier times.
images-6.jpeg

At least you’re consistent. If this had been done in exactly the same way by the prior administration the people giving you a hard time now would be agreeing with you.
Which previous administration? The Harper government?

I remember only a week ago that the libs here didn’t want us to shoot down that balloon. Those idiots would say that there’s nothing over Montana to see. Idiots, only plenty nuke sites. Nothing of interest they said

We'd all magically be against shooting down things that violate our airspace without identification if Trump was president? This has been US and Canadian policy for DECADES, and I doubt you can point to any of us taking Snakestretcher's dumbass balloon-hugging position during the Trump administration.

The question still remains; why use a balloon, subject to the random vagaries of weather and wind, for intelligence gathering, when a satellite can do the job far more accurately?

I remember only a week ago that the libs here didn’t want us to shoot down that balloon. Those idiots would say that there’s nothing over Montana to see. Idiots, only plenty nuke sites. Nothing of interest they said
Oh, you think the Chinese haven't had them mapped for decades already? You can see them on Google Earth ffs!
1676217866357.png

Yeah, a really tough workout shooting down a near-stationary object that can't shoot back :rolleyes:
LOL I made a sarcastic post and as usual it flies right over your head. Youre brilliant when it comes to making yourself look bad. Keep it up. :ROFLMAO:

No you don't. You just made that up.

We'd all magically be against shooting down things that violate our airspace without identification if Trump was president?
Yep and there’s nothing magical about it.
This has been US and Canadian policy for DECADES, and I doubt you can point to any of us taking Snakestretcher's dumbass balloon-hugging position during the Trump administration.
There were plenty of balloon hugging posts for the first balloon when it seemed it wouldn’t be shot down and people were preparing to defend the decision not to do it.

The question still remains; why use a balloon, subject to the random vagaries of weather and wind, for intelligence gathering, when a satellite can do the job far more accurately?

To observe our reaction to them.

It's obvious that Hunter Biden is in control of the White House and continues to act on Nazi China's behalf. This latest weather object was a knockoff from Taiwan, so Xi through Hunter through Joe took it out on the spot.

I strongly encourage @Napoleon and @snakestretcher take immediate control of NORAD. Their superior military knowledge and tactical genius is for some reason being wasted on an Internet forum when it instead can be used to harness and lead America’s military forces. @Napoleon in particular has shown his keen instincts for national defense on several threads, each time convincing all of us that he alone knows more about any given military situation than our own armed forces leadership.

Gents, the folks at the Pentagon have been informed and are awaiting your visit. Dress uniforms, please.

I remember only a week ago the Righties said it took too long to shoot down that balloon. Those same idiots are now saying we shot too soon, and do you know WHY the change of attitude? To own the Libs, because by golly, no matter how they do it, it is wrong.
And yet Righties don't think the rest of us can see the massive hypocrisy and the monumentally stupidity in their change of attitude.

Back
Top Bottom