• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. shoots down unidentified cylindrical object over Canada

Napoleon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A U.S. F-22 fighter jet shot down an unidentified cylindrical object over Canada on Saturday, the second such instance in as many days, as North America appeared on edge following a week-long Chinese spying balloon saga that drew the global spotlight.

Separately, the U.S. military also scrambled fighter jets in Montana to investigate a radar anomaly that triggered a brief federal closure of airspace.
I guess now we’re patrolling Canadian airspace. Another cylindrical UFO shot down.

I guess now we’re patrolling Canadian airspace. Another cylindrical UFO shot down.

US aircraft have been training out of CFB Cold Lake, Alberta for years. It's called co-operation between allies.
So you guess wrong.

edit- In this case the American aircraft tracked the object from Alaska and were joined by Canadian planes as they crossed the border. One of the American planes shot the object down.

Last edited:
I’m obviously not a fan of the Biden administration but I doubt this was done without Canada’s knowledge and consent.

Well the F-22s are finally getting a workout.

I’m obviously not a fan of the Biden administration but I doubt this was done without Canada’s knowledge and consent.
From the report...

"U.S. fighter jets from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, monitored the object as it crossed over into Canadian airspace, where Canadian CF-18 and CP-140 aircraft joined the formation."

"A U.S. F-22 shot down the object in Canadian territory, using an AIM 9X missile following close co-ordination between U.S. and Canadian authorities," Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder said in a statement."

What are we upset about today? Shot down too soon? Too late?

Imagine this folks, Righties now whining about shooting down an object too soon when just a week ago they were whining about a balloon not being shot down soon enough.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

Imagine this folks, Righties now whining about shooting down an object too soon when just a week ago they were whining about a balloon not being shot down soon enough.

View attachment 67436817
There’s an obvious difference between allowing a spy balloon to navigate cross-country and gather intelligence vs shooting a UFO out of the sky because you don’t know what it is. And what do you want if these things do turn out to be innocuous balloons? Accolades for being ******* idiots?

View attachment 67436817
Biden took too long and Trudeau shot prematurely.
There's just no satisfying some rightists.

There’s an obvious difference between allowing a spy balloon to navigate cross-country and gather intelligence vs shooting a UFO out of the sky because you don’t know what it is. And what do you want if these things do turn out to be innocuous balloons? Accolades for being ******* idiots?
Uhuh, and you were in the room with NORAD officials when they made the decision, were you? OR more likely, you turned on Fox, they whined, that was enough for you to whine too?

You should inform the military of Canada and America that you are a superior judge in what they should or shouldn't shoot down. ASAP! I'm sure they'd appreciate the sensitive information.

Not telling the public what they knew, isn’t the same as not knowing.
Has NORAD ever explained anything to the public? I doubt they even have a mechanism in place to do that.

Uhuh, and you were in the room with NORAD officials when they made the decision, were you? OR more likely, you turned on Fox, they whined, that was enough for you to whine too?
When they ask him how he knows he should pull a Santos, he might just get a job out of it.

NORAD doesn't explain things to the public. That's someone else's job.
You'll have to be patient.

What lie was allegedly told?

To help quell conspiracy theories about lying to the public.
You’re insinuating that they’re lying to the public in saying they don’t know what these objects are.

Back
Top Bottom