• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. attorney general tells Texas to rescind immigrant COVID-19 order

That is not what a sanctuary city is.... they do not "overrun" the federal government, they just do not cooperate by turning people in. That is a huge difference.

If the Biden administration "allowed" illegal immigration, it would not be illegal. But that is semantics. Please produce evidence to suggest that the Biden administration is even looking the other way. Its not. Remember, illegal immigration was at a 40 year low during the Obama/Biden administration. It actually went UP during the Trump administration. Perhaps it could be said the Trump "allowed" illegal immigration, certainly it did in comparison to its predecessor.

(1) This thread is about Texas defying the Biden Administration allowing illegal immigration and the Biden Administration consequently rebuking Texas.
(2) There are laws on the books which enforce the prevention of illegal immigration so the Biden Administration allowing illegal immigration is breaking the law. Not enforcing the law is breaking the law.

No. There was a case that got to the circuit court about a year ago, where some of the sanctuary cities sued the Trump Administration for denying them funding, and the courts ruled that the Trump Administration didn't have the authority to selectively fund cities in that way. But the courts have not (yet) addressed the legality of sanctuary cities themselves. And when they do, it will probably be a patchwork of rulings since different cities have different laws.

In any case, sanctuary cities have nothing to do with what Texas is doing here.
Texas is the non-sanctuary state. In other words, illegals are not welcome in Texas...Just as illegals are welcome in San Francisco, Detroit and New York state.

In neither cases is the will of the federal gov't enforced.

(1) This thread is about Texas defying the Biden Administration allowing illegal immigration and the Biden Administration consequently rebuking Texas.
You are the one who brought up sanctuary cities, apropos of nothing.
(2) There are laws on the books which enforce the prevention of illegal immigration so the Biden Administration allowing illegal immigration is breaking the law. Not enforcing the law is breaking the law.
Then the proper remedy is to sue the Biden Administration in a federal court. Not for some rando state governor take it upon himself to enforce immigration law. The Governor of Texas has as much authority over immigration law as my dentist does.

Texas is the non-sanctuary state. In other words, illegals are not welcome in Texas...Just as illegals are welcome in San Francisco, Detroit and New York state.

In neither cases is the will of the federal gov't enforced.
Do you just repeat yourself when you have no intelligent response? You seem to be malfunctioning and failing the Turing Test.

Dude, during the Trump administration (when Trump was the head of the fed gov't), the Trump administration enforced the borders preventing illegal immigration. Cities like San Fran, Detroit and New York state overran those federal policies on illegal immigration becoming sanctuary cities/states....Texas is the non-sanctuary state defying the Biden Administration which allows illegal immigration. Figure it out, just once.

How about you figure it out?

Riddle me this Batman.

Who do you think deported more illegal immigrants?
1. Obama/Biden administration
2. Trump/Pence administration.

I know the answer already. I just want to hear you say it. Go ahead. Tell us. Enquiring minds want to know.

(Hint)

Ramos said, “you served as vice president in an administration that deported 3 million people, the most ever in U.S. history.” <snip>

No. There was a case that got to the circuit court about a year ago, where some of the sanctuary cities sued the Trump Administration for denying them funding, and the courts ruled that the Trump Administration didn't have the authority to selectively fund cities in that way. But the courts have not (yet) addressed the legality of sanctuary cities themselves. And when they do, it will probably be a patchwork of rulings since different cities have different laws.

Well there is this, for example, where the Trump administration sued New Jersey and King County Washington over their sanctuary city statuses.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...shington-state-county-over-sanctuary-n1134351

Do you just repeat yourself when you have no intelligent response? You seem to be malfunctioning and failing the Turing Test.
My reply is post #57.

How about you figure it out?

Riddle me this Batman.

Who do you think deported more illegal immigrants?
1. Obama/Biden administration
2. Trump/Pence administration.

I know the answer already. I just want to hear you say it. Go ahead. Tell us. Enquiring minds want to know.

(Hint)

Ramos said, “you served as vice president in an administration that deported 3 million people, the most ever in U.S. history.” <snip>
Both (1) and (2) deported way more illegals than the Biden Administration....The Biden Administration allowing more illegal immigration during a pandemic, no less.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

King County, Washington and New Jersey are still sanctuary counties/states so the Trump administration's law suit must've failed. Duh?

King County, Washington and New Jersey are still sanctuary counties/states so the Trump administration's law suit must've failed. Duh?
To my knowledge the courts have not yet ruled on the matter one way or the other. And regardless of how they eventually rule, it won't have anything to do with what Texas is trying to do here, which is most definitely unconstitutional.

To my knowledge the courts have not yet ruled on the matter one way or the other. And regardless of how they eventually rule, it won't have anything to do with what Texas is trying to do here, which is most definitely unconstitutional.
Yeah, this is a bit of a deflection...

You've posted that you see no decision on the Trump Administration's law suits against NJ and King County, Washington for NJ and King County, Washington's sanctuary city/state statuses...You surmised it could be that the case hadn't made it up through all the appellate channels. You surmised that the Biden Administration axed the Trump lawsuit with an EO, for example.

All Texas has to do is wait it out until 2024...Texas needn't be worried about any Biden Administration toadies' histrionics about Texas' stance on illegal immigration crossing into Texas.

EDIT: Oh, and cheers to you.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The AG is right. Texas has no authority to take actions regarding undocumented immigrants; immigration is a federal matter. And the pretext that it's about COVID is plainly false, as is obvious from the governor's own statements on the subject.
Just playing to the Trump idiots. All Abbot has left.
Same as privately funding deployment of the NG is nothing but pure politics, it crossed a dangerous line

Yeah, this is a bit of a deflection...

You've posted that you see no decision on the Trump Administration's law suits against NJ and King County, Washington for NJ and King County, Washington's sanctuary city/state statuses...You surmised it could be that the case hadn't made it up through all the appellate channels. You surmised that the Biden Administration axed the Trump lawsuit with an EO, for example.
Right, I don't see any ruling so I'm assuming it's either still working its way through the courts or the case has been dropped. If you have a court decision, then link it; you're the one who cited the case.

All Texas has to do is wait it out until 2024...Texas needn't be worried about any Biden Administration toadies' histrionics about Texas' stance on illegal immigration crossing into Texas.
Well, no. Unlike sanctuary cities, which exist (for now) in a legal gray area of patchwork laws, the courts have been very clear that immigration law is the purview of the federal government alone, and states have no authority to enforce it. Texas doesn't have much of a leg to stand on here.

And I suspect that Greg Abbott knows that, or he wouldn't be running his mouth with such obviously self-defeating statements like talking about Biden's "refusal to enforce laws passed by the United States Congress." That might play well to his base, but the courts are going to read that statement and see a blatant acknowledgement that this is the federal government's job.

Now, this will get interesting. As far as I'm concerned, the more publicity this transporting of thousands of illegals (many covid positive), all over the country, gets, the better! I hope this turns into quite the battle. I also hope it's on every news network every day, juxtaposed with the tightening of covid restrictions and the increase of covid mandates placed on American citizens. Yes please, let's have this discussion and this battle, Mr. Attorney General!

Around here, the covid deniers don't need illegals to spread the bug. As an aside, I am hoping for no more cases instead of gloating from a partisan pedestal.

Just playing to the Trump idiots. All Abbot has left.
Same as privately funding deployment of the NG is nothing but pure politics, it crossed a dangerous line
Texas is a non-sanctuary state. If New Jersey, New York and California, for examples, can refuse federal mandates on immigration, so can Texas.:rolleyes:

Right, I don't see any ruling so I'm assuming it's either still working its way through the courts or the case has been dropped. If you have a court decision, then link it; you're the one who cited the case.

Well, no. Unlike sanctuary cities, which exist (for now) in a legal gray area of patchwork laws, the courts have been very clear that immigration law is the purview of the federal government alone, and states have no authority to enforce it. Texas doesn't have much of a leg to stand on here.

And I suspect that Greg Abbott knows that, or he wouldn't be running his mouth with such obviously self-defeating statements like talking about Biden's "refusal to enforce laws passed by the United States Congress." That might play well to his base, but the courts are going to read that statement and see a blatant acknowledgement that this is the federal government's job.
At the beginning of this, your whole premise was that the federal government solely governs immigration policy. You realize that Trump was once the head of the federal government?

Why don't you stop deflecting?:ROFLMAO:

Now, this will get interesting. As far as I'm concerned, the more publicity this transporting of thousands of illegals (many covid positive), all over the country, gets, the better! I hope this turns into quite the battle. I also hope it's on every news network every day, juxtaposed with the tightening of covid restrictions and the increase of covid mandates placed on American citizens. Yes please, let's have this discussion and this battle, Mr. Attorney General!

what is interesting is that Texas has an accused criminal as their Attorney General of the state...

So when the Federal Government is breaking the Laws and harming America and Americans the State has no Authority to follow the Federal laws and protect it's citizens ?

America is in a sad state of affairs...

They should write their Congressman.

Texas is a non-sanctuary state. If New Jersey, New York and California, for examples, can refuse federal mandates on immigration, so can Texas.:rolleyes:

As Abbott is about to learn, the federal government has SOLE responsibility for immigration...

Estimates show that anywhere from 5-10% of illegal immigrants are testing positive for covid at border facilities. 200,000 illegal immigrants per month recently and over one million since Biden took office. Simple math.

I trust them to act responsibly.

Isn't that the right-wing line for those refusing vaccinations?

Back
Top Bottom