• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. attorney general tells Texas to rescind immigrant COVID-19 order

So, you're sayin' San Francisco, Detroit and New York, for examples, couldn't become sanctuary cities/states because immigration is a part of federal gov't jurisdiction? :ROFLMAO:
Depends on the specific laws they have in place. Cities/states are under no obligation to enforce federal immigration law themselves, or to cooperate with ICE, but neither can they knowingly violate the law. I would guess that some of those city laws would probably be found to be unconstitutional if they got in front of a judge, while others would be upheld.

oh, and if i'm trying to sneak into the USoA, i think i'd pick another state than Texas. i wouldn't want to get COVID.

it's all a political stunt by Texas.

it's what Rush Limbaugh would have suggested.
Wait, sanctuary city/state policies are what cities and states like San Francisco, Detroit and New York came up with to combat the Trump administration's policy on immigration. You sayin' SF, Detroit and NY broke the law when they became sanctuary cities/states?:ROFLMAO:

Well, for one, no one knows for sure if illegals have Covid, and for two, the variant came from outside the US.:rolleyes:
The Delta variant is already here. Too late to close the barn door. If one is serious about addressing Covid, the solution is vaccinations, not deflecting to immigrants as if banning them is the solution.

Wait, sanctuary city/state policies are what cities and states like San Francisco, Detroit and New York came up with to combat the Trump administration's policy on immigration. You sayin' SF, Detroit and NY broke the law when they became sanctuary cities/states?:ROFLMAO:
Courts have ruled that States have no obligation to cooperate with federal officials regarding immigration. Nice try tho.

From India and likely from business travelers or tourists.
Or just as likely that, since most illegals were never tested before being allowed to enter the US, illegals brought the Covid variant. Thanks moronic Biden Administration for not enforcing the borders.

Now, this will get interesting. As far as I'm concerned, the more publicity this transporting of thousands of illegals (many covid positive), all over the country, gets, the better! I hope this turns into quite the battle. I also hope it's on every news network every day, juxtaposed with the tightening of covid restrictions and the increase of covid mandates placed on American citizens. Yes please, let's have this discussion and this battle, Mr. Attorney General!

Judy Garland can go piss up a rope.

Abbott's doing what Biden refuses to do, and that's protecting American lives from COVID infected illegals.

When will Democrats get serious about Covid?

Please.... we don't need disingenuous posts that are concerned about immigrants bringing CoVid into the country or spreading it..... CoVid is here. Immigration, illegal or otherwise, have nothing to do with it being here or spreading it. American citizens did a fine job of that. It has not gone away largely because the same group of people that are obsessed with immigration are also obsessed with doing everything they can to perpetuate the pandemic (refusing wearing masks and refusing to get vaccinated.) Please grasp that and do not commingle issues that have nothing to do with one another.

While I can respect your sediment about illegal immigration, I can not respect your efforts to try to blame them for CoVid spread.

Last edited:
i see someone else has corrected you but i still have a question for you personally.

how often do you hire companies that employ illegals?

Courts have ruled that States have no obligation to cooperate with federal officials regarding immigration. Nice try tho.
So, you're sayin' Garland and other Biden toadies have no business telling Texas not to prevent illegal immigration into Texas. Thank you for clearing that up.:ROFLMAO:

i see someone else has corrected you but i still have a question for you personally.

how often do you hire companies that employ illegals?
What is this deflection of yours?

So, you're sayin' Garland and other Biden toadies have no business telling Texas not to prevent illegal immigration into Texas. Thank you for clearing that up.:ROFLMAO:
Someone needs to learn about federalism, and the role of states vs the federal government.

As far as Texas should be concerned, there's no such thing as "illegal immigration into Texas." That's not a phrase that should even exist in Texas law. There are just people who are living in Texas. If some of them aren't supposed to be there because of federal laws, they can call ICE, or lobby Congress for different laws, or lobby the president for better enforcement. But Texas can't do anything themselves because, again, there is no such thing as illegal immigration into Texas. There is only illegal immigration into the United States.

Ahhh....

The ol' bait and switch. Again.

When all the Qanon, birther, flat-earth, truther, anti-vaxxer's, Trump cult types get their ass backed into a corner, with society getting in their face from all direction, they quickly try to divert the attention to some fictitious boogy-man they can all get behind. Any tactic to get the light of ridicule off of their selves.

Predictable.

Reminds me of an old Texas school yard poem.

Teacher, teacher.
Don't whup me.
Whup that messkin' hiding behind that tree.
He stole money.
I stole honey.
Teacher, teacher.
Ain't that funny?

I mean, if these Trumptards really gave a shit about Covid in the 1st place, they would get their ass vaccinated. Then they could go back to just calling immigrants Messkin rapists again.

Yawn. The repetition of this tactic is becoming rather stale.

What is this deflection of yours?
someone already answered your question and i'm just curious.

do you hire companies that employ illegals? like painters, landscapers, hardscapes, etc.

What I’m say’in is that the cow folk in Texas have no authority to pass their own laws or enforce federal law as if it was their own.

Another way to address the unvaccinated unauthorized population is to make the people who employ them vaccinate them.
Note that for this particular study and time period, 64% of unauthorized population was employed.
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 5.02.50 PM.png

So, you're sayin' San Francisco, Detroit and New York, for examples, couldn't become sanctuary cities/states because immigration is a part of federal gov't jurisdiction? :ROFLMAO:
Do you understand what a sanctuary city is? They are sanctuary cities BECAUSE immigration and immigration enforcement is a federal matter....

Someone needs to learn about federalism, and the role of states vs the federal government.

As far as Texas should be concerned, there's no such thing as "illegal immigration into Texas." That's not a phrase that should even exist in Texas law. There are just people who are living in Texas. If some of them aren't supposed to be there because of federal laws, they can call ICE, or lobby Congress for different laws, or lobby the president for better enforcement. But Texas can't do anything themselves because, again, there is no such thing as illegal immigration into Texas. There is only illegal immigration into the United States.
You're on the wrong side of this...The judiciary decided on the example that the fed gov't doesn't have jurisdiction over state's immigration policies not you.

Do you understand what a sanctuary city is? They are sanctuary cities BECAUSE immigration and immigration enforcement is a federal matter....
Dude, during the Trump administration (when Trump was the head of the fed gov't), the Trump administration enforced the borders preventing illegal immigration. Cities like San Fran, Detroit and New York state overran those federal policies on illegal immigration becoming sanctuary cities/states....Texas is the non-sanctuary state defying the Biden Administration which allows illegal immigration. Figure it out, just once.

You're on the wrong side of this...The judiciary decided on the example that the fed gov't doesn't have jurisdiction over state's immigration policies not you.
What court case are you referring to? Legal precedent is pretty clearly on the side of the federal government having sole jurisdiction over immigration policy. See: Arizona v United States (2012).

What court case are you referring to? Legal precedent is pretty clearly on the side of the federal government having sole jurisdiction over immigration policy. See: Arizona v United States (2012).
Well, sanctuary cities and states weren't challenged in court by the Trump administration?

Dude, during the Trump administration (when Trump was the head of the fed gov't), the Trump administration enforced the borders preventing illegal immigration. Cities like San Fran, Detroit and New York state overran those federal policies on illegal immigration becoming sanctuary cities/states....Texas is the non-sanctuary state defying the Biden Administration which allows illegal immigration. Figure it out, just once.

That is not what a sanctuary city is.... they do not "overrun" the federal government, they just do not cooperate by turning people in. That is a huge difference.

If the Biden administration "allowed" illegal immigration, it would not be illegal. But that is semantics. Please produce evidence to suggest that the Biden administration is even looking the other way. Its not. Remember, illegal immigration was at a 40 year low during the Obama/Biden administration. It actually went UP during the Trump administration. Perhaps it could be said the Trump "allowed" illegal immigration, certainly it did in comparison to its predecessor.

Well, sanctuary cities and states weren't challenged in court by the Trump administration?
No. There was a case that got to the circuit court about a year ago, where some of the sanctuary cities sued the Trump Administration for denying them funding, and the courts ruled that the Trump Administration didn't have the authority to selectively fund cities in that way. But the courts have not (yet) addressed the legality of sanctuary cities themselves. And when they do, it will probably be a patchwork of rulings since different cities have different laws.

In any case, sanctuary cities have nothing to do with what Texas is doing here.

Back
Top Bottom