• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. attorney general tells Texas to rescind immigrant COVID-19 order

gbg3

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Now, this will get interesting. As far as I'm concerned, the more publicity this transporting of thousands of illegals (many covid positive), all over the country, gets, the better! I hope this turns into quite the battle. I also hope it's on every news network every day, juxtaposed with the tightening of covid restrictions and the increase of covid mandates placed on American citizens. Yes please, let's have this discussion and this battle, Mr. Attorney General!

The AG is right. Texas has no authority to take actions regarding undocumented immigrants; immigration is a federal matter. And the pretext that it's about COVID is plainly false, as is obvious from the governor's own statements on the subject.

Now, this will get interesting. As far as I'm concerned, the more publicity this transporting of thousands of illegals (many covid positive), all over the country, gets, the better! I hope this turns into quite the battle. I also hope it's on every news network every day, juxtaposed with the tightening of covid restrictions and the increase of covid mandates placed on American citizens. Yes please, let's have this discussion and this battle, Mr. Attorney General!

If I thought the Biden propaganda arm (Mainstream Media) would faithfully cover this issue, I'd get me some popcorn.

But I don't think they will, so I won't.

The AG is right. Texas has no authority to take actions regarding undocumented immigrants; immigration is a federal matter. And the pretext that it's about COVID is plainly false, as is obvious from the governor's own statements on the subject.
If the governor of TX was serious about Covid, he’d urge his constituents to get vaccinated, which is the only viable means to stop the virus.

I also didn’t know that immigrants from TX were being sent to Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana, the three hottest Covid spots in America.

I also didn’t know that immigrants from TX were being sent to Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana, the three hottest Covid spots in America.
It's quite possible, seeing as the Feds dropped a planeload of them off here in Tennessee some time ago.

Abbott's doing what Biden refuses to do, and that's protecting American lives from COVID infected illegals.
And he's ensuring that only unvaccinated Texans infect anyone. Geez what a hero. I don't have an issue with legal prevention measures to stop illegal immigration. I do have an issue with using illegal immigrants as a deflection from the fact that only 43% of Texans are vaccinated and using illegal immigrants as scapegoats for the failings of dumb ass Americans.

So when the Federal Government is breaking the Laws and harming America and Americans the State has no Authority to follow the Federal laws and protect it's citizens ?

America is in a sad state of affairs...

Texas has the right to defend itself especially if the fed gov't won't. Call Texas the 'non-sanctuary state'.:ROFLMAO:

It's quite possible, seeing as the Feds dropped a planeload of them off here in Tennessee some time ago.

Well I don't know, but I suspect that this mass movement of illegal migrants from the border to various other States might be an example of a Government funded "super spreader" event.

Seems to me that shortly after this "covert" action to disperse migrants into the population as quickly as possible, all under the radar, is when we also started seeing a surge in the new form as well as a resurgence of the old form of Covid-19 in various "random" locales.

Just putting this out there...coincidence, or not; I think not. :coffee:

Last edited:
And he's ensuring that only unvaccinated Texans infect anyone. Geez what a hero. I don't have an issue with legal prevention measures to stop illegal immigration. I do have an issue with using illegal immigrants as a deflection from the fact that only 43% of Texans are vaccinated and using illegal immigrants as scapegoats for the failings of dumb ass Americans.
How many illegals in Texas are unvaccinated and are spreading the variant?:rolleyes:

So when the Federal Government is breaking the Laws
It's the president's job to enforce federal laws, not Texas's. If you think Biden is breaking federal law, you are welcome to sue him and take your case to a federal court.
and harming America and Americans the State has no Authority to follow the Federal laws and protect it's citizens ?
The Texas governor's job is to enforce Texas laws. Not federal laws.
Vote for someone else next time.

Judy Garland can go piss up a rope.

Abbott's doing what Biden refuses to do, and that's protecting American lives from COVID infected illegals.
Covids already here?

If the governor of TX was serious about Covid, he’d urge his constituents to get vaccinated, which is the only viable means to stop the virus.
Democrats: Texas isn't serious about covid because the governor hasn't nagged his constituents enough about getting vaccinated.

Also Democrats: Transporting tens of thousands of covid positive illegal aliens throughout the state of Texas is no problem at all.
What a strange coincidence, huh? It's almost like they should stop doing that...

Texas has the right to defend itself especially if the fed gov't won't. Call Texas the 'non-sanctuary state'.:ROFLMAO:
Nope. Texas has no right to do anything at all about immigration. It's not even remotely within Texas's jurisdiction.

So when the Federal Government is breaking the Laws and harming America and Americans the State has no Authority to follow the Federal laws and protect it's citizens ?

In Arizona v. United States in 2012, the Supreme Court struck down a portion of Arizona’s immigration enforcement law, Senate Bill (SB) 1070. In the opinion authored by Justice Anthony Kennedy, the Court’s majority used the doctrines of federal supremacy over immigration and federal preemption of state law to hold that states are helpless and powerless to supplement federal law or action with their own.

When will Democrats get serious about Covid?

Democrats: Texas isn't serious about covid because the governor hasn't nagged his constituents enough about getting vaccinated.

Also Democrats: Transporting tens of thousands of covid positive illegal aliens throughout the state of Texas is no problem at all.

What a strange coincidence, huh?
Your theory, such as it is, concludes that tens of thousands of immigrants have Covid. What information do you have that shows they have Covid?

Nope. Texas has no right to do anything at all about immigration. It's not even remotely within Texas's jurisdiction.
So, you're sayin' San Francisco, Detroit and New York, for examples, couldn't become sanctuary cities/states because immigration is a part of federal gov't jurisdiction? :ROFLMAO:

The sensible thing to do would be for the federal government to offer the COVID vaccine to any detainee in their custody, whether an illegal immigrant or anyone else. Is that not currently happening?

Your theory, such as it is, concludes that tens of thousands of immigrants have Covid. What information do you have that shows they have Covid?
Estimates show that anywhere from 5-10% of illegal immigrants are testing positive for covid at border facilities. 200,000 illegal immigrants per month recently and over one million since Biden took office. Simple math.

Well, for one, no one knows for sure if illegals have Covid, and for two, the variant came from outside the US.:rolleyes:

it's all a political stunt by Texas.

it's what Rush Limbaugh would have suggested.

Back
Top Bottom