• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. attorney general tells Texas to rescind immigrant COVID-19 order

So when the Federal Government is breaking the Laws and harming America and Americans the State has no Authority to follow the Federal laws and protect it's citizens ?

America is in a sad state of affairs...

Nope... Next question... For such constitutionalists, some on the right are woefully ignorant of the law and the constitution...

Texas is the non-sanctuary state. In other words, illegals are not welcome in Texas...Just as illegals are welcome in San Francisco, Detroit and New York state.

In neither cases is the will of the federal gov't enforced.
the problem is that Texas has no authority over this...they cannot decide, for instance, that New York residents aren't welcome in Texas...they might like to try it, but legally it has no authority to define its borders...that is the federal authority...federal government could actually decide Texas is no longer Texas, but instead is 2 different states.

Nope... Next question... For such constitutionalists, some on the right are woefully ignorant of the law and the constitution...
There is such a a thing as judicial review which is a precedent in American law. New Jersey and Cook County Washington, for examples, used judicial review to remain sanctuary entities while the Trump administration sued them over their sanctuary entity statuses.

So you don't know how many?
You don't how many either. That's 'cause the moronic Biden Administration never kept track as the moronic Biden Administration was letting illegals in wholesale.

There are enough illegals with the Delta variant to create an outbreak of Delta Variant in the US...That's on the moronic Biden Administration.

You don't how many either. That's 'cause the moronic Biden Administration never kept track as the moronic Biden Administration was letting illegals in wholesale.

There are enough illegals with the Delta variant to create an outbreak of Delta Variant in the US...That's on the moronic Biden Administration.

I didn't claim to know. You're the one who posted about it. Not me.

Wholesale? Very dramatic.

There is such a a thing as judicial review which is a precedent in American law. New Jersey and Cook County Washington used judical review to remain sanctuary entities while the Trump administration sued them.

Sigh you CLEARLY have not read these cases.. They involve the federal government burdening the STATES with their responsibility.

I didn't claim to know. You're the one who posted about it. Not me.

Wholesale? Very dramatic.
Two Hundred Thousand a month in Texas alone. You're the one being dramatic (and obtuse). There's this pandemic going on, ya know.:rolleyes:

Sigh you CLEARLY have not read these cases.. They involve the federal government burdening the STATES with their responsibility.
Dude, the whole premise of the Biden Administration's demand that Texas cease and desist with Texas' refusal to allow illegals into Texas is based on the fact that the federal government oversees immigration policy...This whole thread is based on the federal government being in control of immigration policy.

All Texas is saying is there is a crisis on their border with Mexico and the federal government (congress/Biden Administration) isn't doing squat to prevent the immigration crisis at the border. If fact, Texas is saying that federal government is exacerbating the crisis at the border.:rolleyes:

EDIT: I'll bet you applauded the sanctuary status of cities and states that refused to abide by federal immigration policy during the Trump Administration. You hypocrite.

Dude, the whole premise of the Biden Administration's demand that Texas cease and desist with Texas' refusal to allow illegals into Texas is based on the fact that the federal government oversees immigration policy...This whole thread is based on the federal government being in control of immigration policy.

All Texas is saying is there is a crisis on their border with Mexico and the federal government (congress/Biden Administration) isn't doing squat to prevent the immigration crisis at the border. If fact, Texas is saying that federal government is exacerbating the crisis at the border.:rolleyes:
And still, Texas has NO authority to enforce immigration laws.. none.. nada.. zip. I applaud following the ACTUAL constitution not the made up version some claim to understand.

Two Hundred Thousand a month in Texas alone. You're the one being dramatic (and obtuse). There's this pandemic going on, ya know.:rolleyes:

I'm neither dramatic nor obtuse.

There are 200,000 infected with COVID immigrants coming into Texas each month? Link? And why did you ask how many if you already knew?

And still, Texas has NO authority to enforce immigration laws.. none.. nada.. zip. I applaud following the ACTUAL constitution not the made up version some claim to understand.
And still New Jersey, New York and San Francisco, had no authority not enforcing immigration policy. Why are you for the former states and cities not abiding by federal immigration policy but not for Texas being a non-sanctuary state?? Figure it out, just once.

I'm neither dramatic nor obtuse.

There are 200,000 infected with COVID immigrants coming into Texas each month? Link? And why did you ask how many if you already knew?
Each month for the last two months. In Texas alone.

At the beginning of this, your whole premise was that the federal government solely governs immigration policy.
That is correct.
You realize that Trump was once the head of the federal government?
Yes?
Why don't you stop deflecting?:ROFLMAO:
I don't even know what point you are trying to make, aside from demonstrating that you don't understand basic 9th grade civics.

And still New Jersey, New York and San Francisco, had no authority not enforcing immigration policy. Why are you for the former states and cities not abiding by federal immigration policy but not for Texas being a non-sanctuary state?? Figure it out, just once.

I’ll help you figure it out.. the 10th amendment prohibits the federal government from imposing its responsibilities on states.

That is correct.

Yes?

I don't even know what point you are trying to make, aside from demonstrating that you don't understand basic 9th grade civics.
You're deflecting when you say the Biden Administration has the right to force Texas to cease and desist with Texas' immigration policy to refuse illegals into Texas because immigration is a federal policy then you're OK with states, counties and cities defying federal immigration policy during the Trump Administration.

Judy Garland can go piss up a rope.

Abbott's doing what Biden refuses to do, and that's protecting American lives from COVID infected illegals.
Abbott is insuring people get vaccinated?

I’ll help you figure it out.. the 10th amendment prohibits the federal government from imposing its responsibilities on states.
Ah, the power and scope of the 10th amendment was weakened by the 14th and 15th amendments, for example, and any other consequent amendments which increased the power of the federal government after the 10th amendment was written.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Any amendment which increases the power of the federal government and was written after the 10th amendment weakens the power of the 10th amendment.

Abbott is insuring people get vaccinated?
The Biden Administration isn't ensuring that illegals get vaccinated as they pour into the US with the Biden Administration's blessing.:rolleyes:

Ah, the 10th amendment was kinda nullified by the 14th, 15th amendments, for example, and any other consequent amendments which increased the power of the federal government after the 10th amendment was written.:rolleyes:

LMAO…

You're deflecting when you say the Biden Administration has the right to force Texas to cease and desist
Yes, because immigration is solely within the power of the federal government.
with Texas' immigration policy to refuse illegals into Texas
There is no such thing as "Texas' immigration policy," any more than my dentist gets to set his own immigration policy. Immigration has nothing to do with the job description of the Texas governor.
then you're OK with states, counties and cities defying federal immigration policy during the Trump Administration.
I didn't say I'm OK with it; I don't really have an opinion on sanctuary cities. I just said the courts haven't ruled on sanctuary cities one way or the other. If they are defying federal law, then those city laws will eventually be overturned. If they are merely refusing to cooperate with federal ICE agents, then their laws will (probably) be upheld.

The Biden Administration isn't ensuring that illegals get vaccinated as they pour into the US with the Biden Administration's blessing.:rolleyes:
Your original assertion is that Abbot is protecting American lives, so surely he is mandating the vaccine in his state.

Back
Top Bottom