• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Louisville cops shot in city’s downtown area

An innocent life was lost in a tragic accident that never would've happened had the cops not been asked to enforce Unconstitutional drug laws in the first place. End the stupid and harmful Drug War already! Cops should only breach a home like that when there's an imminent threat of violence to victims inside. Not because they're concerned about drugs being quickly flushed down the toilet for crying out loud. Breonna Taylor's tragedy is the kind of thing that happens when you mindlessly support and enforce stupid policies like the Drug War. Excessive risk to everyone involved, bringing little or no value at all. Stupid, ignorant leadership!

There is NO body cam footage of the actual incident. Why? Why are body cams and dash cams STILL not mandatory nationwide? Stupid, ignorant leadership!

Trump's one-sided support of the police and everything else anti-BLM is completely tone deaf and ignorant of the legitimate problems being protested. This is how he fans the flames of anger, by acting like there is no legitimate argument on the other side whatsoever. Stupid, ignorant leadership!

All the documented examples of black people getting the short end of the stick, and yet nobody in charge seems to want to acknowledge that it's more than just a handful of "bad apples". All the examples of cops misbehaving and getting minimal punishment for it, if caught at all, yet nobody in charge seems to even acknowledge that there's a problem in that. Most of the time it's simply retorted with something dismissive like, "most cops are good cops so stop complaining." All these trees and yet they still pretend to not see a forest. Stupid, ignorant leadership!

And there's X Factor, yet again raping tragedy to play The Hypocrite Game by falsely accusing Cardinal of approving of approving of murder. Literally the only thing this guy cares about is attacking people he thinks are on the left.

Wish it wasn't so damn predictable.
Lol, as if you actually see this as a tragedy.

Fox News is a joke, and always has been. It is a copout to try to lay blame for what we all created at the feet of just the people you don't like.

People i used to be ok with. Has nothing to do with being on the other side. Bothsiderism rarely solves anything.

They had the wrong house. Thats been a constant through this whole thing.
Her address is on the search warrant, and so is a car registered to Breonna. Do I need to post the warrant affidavit again?

“Fired indiscriminately”? The **** you talking about? Didn’t they kill her for being black? Isn’t that the lie you all like to perpetuate about police? BTW, you bummed that both officers survived like the two deputies in CA where folks you support trying blocking hospital entrances?

Yes, Breonna Taylor was killed because she was Black. Yup. Yup.

I”m bummed the officers who murdered Breonna Taylor weren’t charged with anything. You must be super thrilled tho. Great day for killin Black people and gettin’ away with it! COPS! COPS! COPS! WOOOO

Anything to not condemn someone who shot a cop (at least until you know what “side” they are) but it’s actually not Trump’s fault many lefties can’t disagree or oppose something without getting violent.

It's easy to condemn violence. I condemn this single act with as much vigor and enthusiasm as I condemn the history of statistically disproportionate violence the police have exacted against black folks because of the color of their skin.

So, that out of the way, wanna talk about fixing the problem? Problem solving 101: Go to root cause.

Do you think if people disagree with you, even if they have heinous beliefs, that they are not afforded the same constitutional rights as the rest of us? If they commit crimes, charge them, if they say heinous shit, refute them.
If they call for genocide, which people have been getting away with for far too long maybe.

Yes, Breonna Taylor was killed because she was Black. Yup. Yup.

I”m bummed the officers who murdered Breonna Taylor weren’t charged with anything. You must be super thrilled tho. Great day for killin Black people and gettin’ away with it! COPS! COPS! COPS! WOOOO

So you think something indiscriminate was discrimination?

Except I don't simply just 'believe them without a hint of cynicism'. They had a nextdoor neighbor as a witness confirming their claims in the Grand Jury trial, that they knocked and announced themselves.

Not according to Taylor’s bf. And he wasn’t the one randomly blind firing into apartments. Just at those who were. Shame he didn’t have something bigger like a flame thrower.

So you think something indiscriminate was discrimination?

Yup. They wouldn’t have acted that way in a predominantly white neighborhood. Taylor has no criminal history. She’s dead.

You now have it coming to you in America if you are simply sleeping while Black.

If they call for genocide, which people have been getting away with for far too long maybe.
Half the population is not calling for genocide. Are you personally responsible for every wackadoo on the left that is calling for violence and segregation and black supremacy?

It's sick, ****ed up, victim fantasy world when someone cannot imagine anyone from a major political party condemning the attempted murder of police. That's head in sand cult partisanship being employed to apologize for atrocious politics and personal positions.

Trump said he was the "law and order" president.

Where are you Trump?!

Help us!

They didn't have the wrong apartment. When her boyfriend was arrested on drug charges he was in jailhouse audio calls telling drug dealers he stashes his money with Breonna. Additionally, known drug dealers were coming and going from her apartment. Her vehicle was also being used to travel between known drug houses. She was part of a larger distribution investigation. The fact that they didn't find drugs or money on the day they entered doesn't mean they had the wrong apartment. They valid reason to search the apartment and not give them a chance to potentially flush things down the toilet. Not a fan of no knock warrants, but let's not pretend they didn't have ample reason to barge through her door.
That's a problem. Because the police aren't judge and jury. The whole point is, people aren't getting a trial because police are just killing them before they reach a courthouse. Why? Fear! They are so afraid of being shot, they shoot first and ask questions later.

What might have happened if they weren't so afraid? None of this.

That's a problem. Because the police aren't judge and jury. The whole point is, people aren't getting a trial because police are just killing them before they reach a courthouse. Why? Fear! They are so afraid of being shot, they shoot first and ask questions later.

What might have happened if they weren't so afraid? None of this.
The police weren't acting as judge and jury. They didn't shoot first. They were justified in returning fire. The return fire of the fired and charged officer was not justified. There are plenty of cases of police acting wrongly and arresting and killing people unjustifiably to be outraged about, regardless of the colour of their skin. Breonna's death was a tragic preventable accident after a series of terrible incompetences, not a race driven execution as is being argued here. It should be used as fuel for proper police reforms.

And there's the issue of the Grand Jury to take into account where the prosecutor can present or discard any evidence he chooses for his own benefit, with no recourse or challenge available to Breonna's counsel. This is so fundamentally unfair.
No it’s not unfair.

The grand jury is a fact finding committee, not a trial. Taylor’s attorney is a subversive who has literally lied about everything he’s said and has lied about a dozen or more cases from Trayvon Martin onward. There is no fairness that comes from allowing him to say anything.

The evidence speaks for itself and there’s no need to make proceedings a circus by allowing an actual liar to gaslight a grand jury

How can you say you want to change the constitution and it's not political? You can't have it both ways.

"I'm right because it isn't political" is a horrible argument. You're argument is too fallacious to respond.
I want to amend the constitution because as a whole Americans, not republicans or democrats, can't handle the responsibility that goes with the 2A.

I'm not arguing, never have been. I made a statement of my opinion, I responded to nobody. You and other posters are making the argument and not a very good one.

My opinion comes from the blaring proof that America can't handle gun ownership without extreme loss of life and a fearful police force that all too often pulls the trigger out of fear because they can't handle it the 2A. As in Breonnas case.

I have no mistaken belief, there's plenty of proof for me to come to the conclusion that America and it's police force can't handle the right of gun ownership. The fallacious argument is yours and if you are going to quote me, I'd appreciate it if you actually quoted me instead of making crap up and planting false statements in quotes. It's rude, and misleading.

Officers acted legally. Period. Full stop. You listen to the mob and the media, but I repeat myself, and you want BLACK justice, not justice.
Trump has been extremely vocal about the violence but Democrat governors refuse to accept his help. Trump can't force them to take his help and he can't tell them how to handle the violence. Democrats have failed on every, single, damn level since these riots began.
Democrats refused to work with Republicans on reform. This is a fact.
Use the Socratic method and learn about Federalism.

The police in the US is a joke. Period!
And the police procedures are not just about the treatment of Blacks. It is just that because blacks live in areas with more crime, they are more frequently interacting with the police and are more likely to experience the incompetence of the officers who act like they patrol in Baghdad and not in a US city. This together with the fact that there is also racism and racial profile (we still recall how Arpaio got a pardon by Trump) creates a situation where Blacks become more vulnerable than other people. But I have seen multiple times people of other races become victims of police brutality. Trump can act like a president and first recognize the problem of police conduct against minorities instead of bragging about the "tough people" that love him, pardon police officers with appalling record of racial profiling or giving "advise" that it is not necessary to make sure that arrested people who enter police cars are not injuring their head. And do not try to lecture me about civics, because obviously, you are not aware of how the federal government can make a difference with the money that controls (no reform no federal money) or its civil rights division or the federal laws that it creates or the federal judges that it elects. Use a history book and read how the real change came when federal laws forced states to accept the equal treatment of Blacks.

My opinion comes from the blaring proof that America can't handle gun ownership without extreme loss of life and a fearful police force that all too often pulls the trigger out of fear because they can't handle it the 2A. As in Breonnas case.

I have no mistaken belief, there's plenty of proof for me to come to the conclusion that America and it's police force can't handle the right of gun ownership. The fallacious argument is yours and if you are going to quote me, I'd appreciate it if you actually quoted me instead of making crap up and planting false statements in quotes. It's rude, and misleading.

No doubt about it but unfortunately, at least for the moment, the horse is out of the barn. Considering how far, and how fast, we came with gay rights I think it's possible that in the future handing in firearms could happen, but for right now we're stuck with a country that's overrun with firearms.

The police in the US is a joke. Period!
And the police procedures are not just about the treatment of Blacks. It is just that because blacks live in areas with more crime, they are more frequently interacting with the police and are more likely to experience the incompetence of the officers who act like they patrol in Baghdad and not in a US city.

Exactly right. African Americans are doing us all a favor by pointing out how out of control the police can be far too often.

I heard the shooters had the wrong location and only returned fire. Some of the bullets went into the building behind the police though so the courts can at least get them on that charge.

But, they are protesting local Democrat run cities and institutions. How can you blame Trump for liberals using violence to protest Democrats?

The same local governments who are refusing to allow Trump to help and instead would prefer the violence to continue in order to keep their voter base content during an election year. Trump doesn't have jurisdiction on law enforcement of liberal cities.

I explained why I blame Trump and the federal government too. I never said that police violence is Trump's creation. Obviously, even in places like NYC and LA you can see police excessive force. The problem with Trump is that he does not even recognize that there is a systemic problem which mainly affects minorities and Blacks. And no, Bush (Senior and Junior) also had blue cities but they did not experience the things we see today.

And those who refused federal help did so because they wanted to avoid mass shooting between armed protesters and federal troops.

Back
Top Bottom