• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Louisville cops shot in city’s downtown area

No, he was the one that fired first, blindly, at police officers.
He did not know they were Police officers, and he stopped after the first shot, the police never hit him but they managed to shoot her 6 Times yet she never did a thing, and the BF was not charged. So we know who was firing blindly and it was not just the BF. Sounds more like what some troops did in house clearing actions in the ME, shoot everyone in the house, except in this case the Police shot the person that was no threat. Thinking better training or a new career field for these officers in in order.

Another Democratic Party hero.

He did not know they were Police officers, and he stopped after the first shot, the police never hit him but they managed to shoot her 6 Times yet she never did a thing, and the BF was not charged. So we know who was firing blindly and it was not just the BF. Sounds more like what some troops did in house clearing actions in the ME, shoot everyone in the house, except in this case the Police shot the person that was no threat. Thinking better training or a new career field for these officers in in order.
Except he did. They announced themselves. And he was originally charged but they were dropped after violent protest against him being charged, IIRC.

Except he did. They announced themselves. And he was originally charged but they were dropped after violent protest against him being charged, IIRC.
Are you claiming that the DA's office is corrupt or not following the law because they did not charge him, but yet you agree with them when it comes to charges against the police officers involved, hmmm, what is wrong with that picture?

No, he was the one that fired first, blindly, at police officers.

That’s not what happened. And as usual: Black guy had it coming. There is never any concern about self-defense with Black people. They always have it coming.

Are you claiming that the DA's office is corrupt or not following the law because they did not charge him, but yet you agree with them when it comes to charges against the police officers involved, hmmm, what is wrong with that picture?
No, I am stating the DAs office used its discretion to drop the charges. You do grasp that they do not have to charge every single crime out there and can use their discretion based on real life, right?

That’s not what happened. And as usual: Black guy had it coming. There is never any concern about self-defense with Black people. They always have it coming.
Except that is what happened. That's why the only charges rendered by the grand jury is toward the volume and nature of the officer's gunfire, which placed neighbors in danger (and notably nothing to do with Taylor being hit).

No, I am stating the DAs office used its discretion to drop the charges. You do grasp that they do not have to charge every single crime out there and can use their discretion based on real life, right?
Or maybe they thought they couldn't make the charges stick. Yes the DA's office does use their discretion on whether to charge someone but it should only be based upon the evidence and whether or not they could get a conviction, their job is to uphold the law and represent the People, nothing more, nothing less.

Except that is what happened. That's why the only charges rendered by the grand jury is toward the volume and nature of the officer's gunfire, which placed neighbors in danger (and notably nothing to do with Taylor being hit).

RIght. The one person who died has nothing to do with a case in which police officers randomly fired blindly into apartments. That the one person who died in this confrontation created by violent cops was a Black woman. So naturally, meh.

The only time you folks on the right believe government charges is when it’s a Black person. Then every goddamn thing the state offers is proof. Slap white skin and some bullshit libertarian pretend ideology and a bunch of beards on ‘em, and man the feddies can’t be lit up enough for our LAW AND ORDER lovers.

RIght. The one person who died has nothing to do with a case in which police officers randomly fired blindly into apartments. That the one person who died in this confrontation created by violent cops was a Black woman. So naturally, meh.

The only time you folks on the right believe government charges is when it’s a Black person. Then every goddamn thing the state offers is proof. Slap white skin and some bullshit libertarian pretend ideology and a bunch of beards on ‘em, and man the feddies can’t be lit up enough for our LAW AND ORDER lovers.
Correct. She was an unfortunate casualty of standing next to her boyfriend when he chose to fire at police.

Correct. She was an unfortunate casualty of standing next to her boyfriend when he chose to fire at police.

She was murdered because cops started indiscriminately firing into people’s homes blindly in defiance of their duty and that state’s self-defense laws. No one was charged because she’s a Black woman and people like you insist any Black person killed had it coming. Either directly or by association. Always.

White supremacy is a helluva drug.

I hope you like Americans murdering each other, because so long as Trump is in office this is going to get keep getting worse.

This history of the Middle East is the course we're on now.

That sounds like a threat.

She was murdered because cops started indiscriminately firing into people’s homes blindly in defiance of their duty and that state’s self-defense laws.
no, she died because she was standing next to her boyfriend when he decided to shoot cops. That's something he is
Going to have to live with.
No one was charged because she’s a Black woman and people like you insist any Black person killed had it coming. Either directly or by association. Always.

White supremacy is a helluva drug.
Are you declaring I am a White supremacist?

I've got darker skin than Breonna Taylor, chica.

no, she died because she was standing next to her boyfriend when he decided to shoot cops. That's something he is
Going to have to live with.

Are you declaring I am a White supremacist?

I've got darker skin than Breonna Taylor, chica.

He shot at intruders who didn’t identify themselves.

The idea that Taylor had it coming is based in white supremacy. If you hold that belief, that’s on you to figure some shit out. Not my problem.

Well the last I heard, the officers are going to be OK, which is good. And they have a suspect in the shooting, which is good too. We're all on edge these days, but we cannot devolve into anarchic chaos and violence, that's not going to drive the system to a better place.

Reactions: PoS
Well the last I heard, the officers are going to be OK, which is good. And they have a suspect in the shooting, which is good too. We're all on edge these days, but we cannot devolve into anarchic chaos and violence, that's not going to drive the system to a better place.

Its going to keep happening and get worse if white folks don’t accept the reality that Black people live in. Breonna Taylor did not deserve to die and her death deserves meaning and consequence for those that caused it.

I don’t now what hte expectations are. People arne’t going to just continue to be forced to live this way.

He shot at intruders who didn’t identify themselves.
Except as we've found out, they did in fact identify themselves.

The idea that Taylor had it coming is based in white supremacy. If you hold that belief, that’s on you to figure some shit out. Not my problem.
The only one here that has said anything about Taylor having anything coming, is you. So maybe you're the one that needs to figure some shit out and maybe stop trying to call POCs racist just because they dont march in lockstep with your ideologies.

Its going to keep happening and get worse if white folks don’t accept the reality that Black people live in. Breonna Taylor did not deserve to die and her death deserves meaning and consequence for those that caused it.

I don’t now what hte expectations are. People arne’t going to just continue to be forced to live this way.
I agree she didnt deserve to die. Her boyfriend chose an action that led to her death, in a rather sad tragedy.

I agree she didnt deserve to die. Her boyfriend chose an action that led to her death, in a rather sad tragedy.

You are arguing that her boyfriend had no right to self defense. So don’t waste my time saying she didn’t deserve to die. You believe she deserved to die by saying her boyfriend had it coming.

Black people can’t defend their own lives = Black lives not mattering = white supremacy.

Except as we've found out, they did in fact identify themselves.

The only one here that has said anything about Taylor having anything coming, is you. So maybe you're the one that needs to figure some shit out and maybe stop trying to call POCs racist just because they dont march in lockstep with your ideologies.

Not a fact.

You are arguing that her boyfriend had no right to self defense. So don’t waste my time saying she didn’t deserve to die. You believe she deserved to die by saying her boyfriend had it coming.

Black people can’t defend their own lives = Black lives not mattering = white supremacy.
False. He had no right to fire at the officers, who had identified themselves. Dont try to tell me what I believe, you little twerp.

Yup, the only way forward is to change how the laws are enforced and what laws need to be dropped- it wont be done by riots or by defunding the cops. The change starts at the legislature, and that's where the battles need to be fought, not out on the streets.

Back
Top Bottom