• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two Louisville cops shot in city’s downtown area

This is just like the 5 Dallas police offices BLM terrorists assassinated and the 9 other police officers these terrorist filth wounded in 2016. How many more police need to be shot before BLM is correctly identified as a Democrat-sponsored domestic terrorist organization?

How is BLM involved in these two shootings?

This is just like the 5 Dallas police offices BLM terrorists assassinated and the 9 other police officers these terrorist filth wounded in 2016. How many more police need to be shot before BLM is correctly identified as a Democrat-sponsored domestic terrorist organization?

You are mistaken about that case.
They were not BLM terrorists. They were members of a Black nationalist movement...

How many innocent people need to be shot before the US police is correctly identified as an institution that belongs to a failed state and not to a western democracy?

The reckoning is happening, slowly but surely with the BLM movement. Yes, it gets violent and that is unfortunate; however historically societal change hasn't happened with politely written letters to government representatives-witness the French, English and American revolutions for example, and the unrest around MLK which ultimately forced the enactment of fundamental rights for black Americans. I'm not advocating revolution for its own sake; that must be stressed.

No, but what you say is true.

As one who is old enough to remember the events of the 1960’s very clearly, the current situation is heartbreaking, but not surprising.

I had always known that this white resentment has simmered for decades. I saw it in school. In comments that grown ups made, even as they voiced support for civil rights.

For many people being “for” civil rights meant not using the “N” work, and not much more. That is evident all over forums like this. For others, even this minor concession chafed and spawned decades of whining about “political correctness”.

The reckoning is happening, slowly but surely with the BLM movement. Yes, it gets violent and that is unfortunate; however historically societal change hasn't happened with politely written letters to government representatives-witness the French, English and American revolutions for example, and the unrest around MLK which ultimately forced the enactment of fundamental rights for black Americans. I'm not advocating revolution for its own sake; that must be stressed.

Yep!

People forgot how the Black Panthers were exchanging fire with the police during the civil rights era. And even MLK could not guarantee that the protests in which he participated would be peaceful. There was vandalism by teenage blacks even when MLK was present.

Sad, and uncalled for, I hope they pull through and the shooter is caught and pays for their crime.

That said, I do hope no one is surprised after todays lack of Justice.

Agree on everything you said. It's disgraceful that someone shot these police officers. I hope that person pays the biggest price imaginable. But I am not the least bit surprised it happened after the ruling yesterday.

And there's X Factor, yet again raping tragedy to play The Hypocrite Game by falsely accusing Cardinal of approving of approving of murder. Literally the only thing this guy cares about is attacking people he thinks are on the left.

Wish it wasn't so damn predictable.

Lol, as if you actually see this as a tragedy.

How would you know? You do not read or respond to what anyone says. You just play your disgusting games, 24/7.

People, take a step back and think out utterly ****ed up it is that X Factor automatically assumes that anyone Fox told him is his political enemy approves of violence and death. (Think of how utterly ****ed up it is that he only sees violence and death as a means to attack targets on the left.) Think of how ****ed up that that's his starting position.

That is why democracy is dead in America. You can't reason with someone like that because they aren't responding to what you actually think, believe, or even say. It's just tribe vs. tribe for them, and all's fair in their mind because they declared war.

Last edited:
Yep!

People forgot how the Black Panthers were exchanging fire with the police during the civil rights era. And even MLK could not guarantee that the protests in which he participated would be peaceful. There was vandalism by teenage blacks even when MLK was present.

People forget that, because not much of it actually happened.

There was a lot of rhetoric. Angela Davis became their poster child for a while.

No, MLK could not guarantee that protests would be peaceful.

One he was involved in generally were. The violence came from the police.

After a white man assasinated him, all bets were off.

Which is a lesson that the Trump crowd ought to heed. instead of cheering for a wannabe king who orders troops to fire on US citizens in front of the White House.

No need to wait a minute. Taylor’s house guest was not (ultimately) charged with shooting the “intruding” police officer. Likewise, the police officers were not (Ultimately) charged for the result of their return fire.

Congratulations on missing the point.

And my point is that a curfew isn't going to particularly inhibit people who had cop shooting on their Google calendar. In fact, things are so bad right now that I'm having a difficult time imagining an authoritative police action that wouldn't have a negative outcome.

The leftwing mob doesn't get to dictate what justice is going to be. Therefore they don't get to tell the police how to maintain the peace.

People forget that, because not much of it actually happened.

There was a lot of rhetoric. Angela Davis became their poster child for a while.

No, MLK could not guarantee that protests would be peaceful.

One he was involved in generally were. The violence came from the police.

After a white man assasinated him, all bets were off.

Which is a lesson that the Trump crowd ought to heed. instead of cheering for a wannabe king who orders troops to fire on US citizens in front of the White House.

Here is Black Panthers exchanging fire with the police...

Here is one example of Black teenagers smashing windows in a protest where MLK participated

https://features.apmreports.org/arw/king/c1.html

The marchers paraded down Beale Street, the famed Memphis thoroughfare where musician W.C. Handy pioneered the blues. King was at the head of the column. Then, a number of young African Americans began breaking storefront windows. James Lawson was leading the march with King. When they turned onto Main, Lawson says, they saw "lengths of police in riot gear across the street."

Remembering a violent crackdown by Memphis police during a February protest march, Lawson feared the police would attack again. He recalls telling King, "You must leave. They are going to break up the march and go after you more than anyone." A reluctant King was led away. The marchers turned around. Then, police attacked with tear gas and clubs. Peaceful marchers were caught up in the same violence as youthful looters.

The leftwing mob doesn't get to dictate what justice is going to be. Therefore they don't get to tell the police how to maintain the peace.

Except, that's exactly what is supposed to happen. The cops work for and answer to the citizenry, which would include the "leftwing mob" (lol...ffs, but ok).

What you're describing is called fascism. Which is not in the least bit surprising.

Nope. The vast majority of cops aren’t murderers regardless of what Trump does or doesn’t say. It’s funny how you’re concerned about Trump inflaming police but not Dems stoking hate toward police.

Make no mistake about it... the only reason the usual suspects are scapegoating Trump for Louisville is because they want Trump out of office.

Donald Trump’s not the one that vilifies police or calls violence toward police “cool”. I’d hold my breath waiting for a lefty to condemn this, but then I’d surely die.

No but the right is encouraging and applauding police brutality and protesters being assaulted and massacred and calling for more quite often. Trump and his supporters are absolutely a huge factor in many of these police shootings by making police enemies of so many people. These attempts to portray police brutality and lumping all cops in with the dirty ones only makes people gain a distrust and disdain of all officers when it is only a small number.

Here is Black Panthers exchanging fire with the police...

Here is one example of Black teenagers smashing windows in a protest where MLK participated

https://features.apmreports.org/arw/king/c1.html

The marchers paraded down Beale Street, the famed Memphis thoroughfare where musician W.C. Handy pioneered the blues. King was at the head of the column. Then, a number of young African Americans began breaking storefront windows. James Lawson was leading the march with King. When they turned onto Main, Lawson says, they saw "lengths of police in riot gear across the street."

Remembering a violent crackdown by Memphis police during a February protest march, Lawson feared the police would attack again. He recalls telling King, "You must leave. They are going to break up the march and go after you more than anyone." A reluctant King was led away. The marchers turned around. Then, police attacked with tear gas and clubs. Peaceful marchers were caught up in the same violence as youthful looters.

It isn’t any different than what Trump and Barr did on June 1st. (funny how neither one of them will fess up to giving the actual order).

It's sick, ****ed up, victim fantasy world when someone cannot imagine anyone from a major political party condemning the attempted murder of police. That's head in sand cult partisanship being employed to apologize for atrocious politics and personal positions.

Welcome back, Eco! How 'bout this new format?

They had the wrong house. Thats been a constant through this whole thing.
No they did not. The warrant was for her apartment. Her name, DOB, and SSN were on the warrant with her address. They were not remotely at the wrong house.

That single concurring witness (statement?) was presented to the GJ by the state. Where the cynicism comes from are the numerous other neighbors (interviewed by the press and, no doubt, the police) who did not make (support?) that claim. The GJ process (which is not a trial) includes the presentation of only one side of the story - the state’s (prosecutor’s) version of alleged events. There is no “defense” presented during the GJ process - so calling it a “trial” is ridiculous.
So you you are positing that the witness lied under oath? Why would they do that? Where is your evidence?

Trump said he was the "law and order" president.

Where are you Trump?!

Help us!

Your sarcasm is detected.

Make a note of it... Here he is. If he goes in he's a dictator. If he offers to help, he's still a dictator.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Praying for the two police officers that were shot tonight in Louisville, Kentucky. The Federal Government stands behind you and is ready to help. Spoke to
@GovAndyBeshear
and we are prepared to work together, immediately upon request!

Not according to Taylor’s bf. And he wasn’t the one randomly blind firing into apartments. Just at those who were. Shame he didn’t have something bigger like a flame thrower.
No, he was the one that fired first, blindly, at police officers.

So you you are positing that the witness lied under oath? Why would they do that? Where is your evidence?

That is not at all what I am saying. I am saying that different witnesses often offer different testimony about a single event. Neither those who reported having heard police say something nor those who reported not having heard it are lying. My point is that the “ear witness” testimony differs based on which “ear witness” you ask.

Except, that's exactly what is supposed to happen. The cops work for and answer to the citizenry, which would include the "leftwing mob" (lol...ffs, but ok).

What you're describing is called fascism. Which is not in the least bit surprising.

Go sell your pile of barnyard manure :poop: somewhere else.

The cops in Louisville and other cities are doing their jobs attempting to enforce curfews for those that firebombed in last night's riots. The violent mob does not rule those who are doing their jobs and maintaining peace.
Don't use words like fascism. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Go sell your pile of :poop: somewhere else.

The cops in Louisville and other cities are doing their jobs attempting to enforce curfews for those that firebombed in last night's riots. The violent mob does not rule those who are doing their jobs and maintaining peace and justice.Don't use words like fascism. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry, are you arguing that the cops do NOT work for the people? Or are you just defaulting to your typical tilt when facts make your posts look ridiculous?

Again, utterly not surprising....either way, really.

That is not at all what I am saying. I am saying that different witnesses often offer different testimony about a single event. Neither those who reported having heard police say something nor those who reported not having heard it are lying. My point is that the “ear witness” testimony differs based on which “ear witness” you ask.
I'll go with the witness corroborating what the investigation indicates happened, rather than the guy who shot at police with his girlfriend standing next to him

Back
Top Bottom