• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Cognitive Decline is Advanced. Time to be concerned.

We have an age requirement to be elected president - why can't we have an age retirement to remove them? If they turn, say 70 in office, they can complete their term but can't be re-elected, and no one can run for office if they are over 70. Personally, I'd rather the age be lower. Cognitive decline starts in the early 60s. Do we truly want people running our country that have that sort of deficiency?

The point is, let more of those who HAVE a future, make the laws that shape it.

Front runner to lead the 2024 Presidential candidacy embarrassed himself once again by failing to remember one of the candidates he supposedly endorsed. Anyone know who JD Mandel is?

Of course, we have no idea if he truly knew who he was endorsing, since his mental state is degrading very rapidly.
Trump has problems but the democrats support Biden? Hello? I've not seen a guy as bad off as Biden in the White House.

Truth. I hate to admit it, but far too many people are of the mindset that they don't care what happens in the future, because they won't be there to have to deal with the consequences.

Thanks for pivoting to Biden. Very typical.

This thread is about Trump. Anything to discuss related to Trump forgetting the guy he endorsed?
I too wish we could have threads that don't get derailed by the Buuut Trump or the Buuut Biden folks.

I might have to try a different board for that though.

I agree.

If Biden does run in 2024, it'll be a 78 yr old Trump versus an 82 yr old Biden.

I don't want either of those old men in office. I really don't like 70 yr olds in Congress either.

The United States is turning into the Vatican, a bunch of privileged, gray haired old men who've never known anyone but gray haired old men making the rules of the world. America's "leaders" have always been the super rich and "elite" - just like the Catholics and their exclusive club and the subordinate role of women. The few who have arrived with actual new thinking were either murdered in office, seeking office or scandalized into obscurity.
At the end of the day what Donald did whasn't all that much different than Nixon, or, for that matter Reagan - Trumpo is simply a booorish thug, sexist, racist. He's just too stupid to hide it.

Front runner to lead the 2024 Presidential candidacy embarrassed himself once again by failing to remember one of the candidates he supposedly endorsed. Anyone know who JD Mandel is?

Of course, we have no idea if he truly knew who he was endorsing, since his mental state is degrading very rapidly.
Well, fortunately for him the republican voting base also has significant cognitive decline

Uh huh... Biden seems to think that there has never been a Senator from Delaware....

Trump is the level of stupid that makes dementia irrelevant.

Truth. I hate to admit it, but far too many people are of the mindset that they don't care what happens in the future, because they won't be there to have to deal with the consequences.
Speak for yourself, not for other people. I am old but I am deeply invested in the future of the United States and, actually, of the world. I wouldn't get so very angry at what I fear is going to happen if I were less invested!

Well, that's stupid. Let the people with ability do the tasks that need to be done well, otherwise you'll just have a shoddy job. The people who can do the tasks well can teach others how to do them well, however. IF the people hanging around not doing things well are not too mentally unwell or stupid to be educable. (That latter category would include Donald Trump; he is ineducable.)

The time to be concerned was 2015.
I was concerned but Hillary was worse.

Trump turned out to be good at the job which was a surprise. Biden has lived down to expectations.

Speak for yourself, not for other people. I am old but I am deeply invested in the future of the United States and, actually, of the world. I wouldn't get so very angry at what I fear is going to happen if I were less invested!
Direct your anger elsewhere, lady. You don’t get to tell me how to feel - IDGAF who you are.

Direct your anger elsewhere, lady. You don’t get to tell me how to feel - IDGAF who you are.

No one told you how to feel.

Maybe you should stop acting like an expert on everyone in the world and speak for yourself then, the way I speak for myself.

I said how I felt, saying I was deeply invested in the United States and the world. You spoke about "far too many people".

No one told you how to feel.

Maybe you should stop acting like an expert on everyone in the world and speak for yourself then, the way I speak for myself.

I said how I felt, saying I was deeply invested in the United States and the world. You spoke about "far too many people".

If you aren’t in that group, then it doesn’t apply to you, and maybe you should mind your business. Not sure what your ****ing problem is with me, but you should just move on if my posts don’t concern you.

Both of them are too old to be President. Let's move on to younger, stronger (and more sane) people.

Back
Top Bottom