• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Cognitive Decline is Advanced. Time to be concerned.

Really?🤔

Biden has struggled with names of Cabinet members, lawmakers and other politicians​

The president appeared to forget Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s name on Monday​

On Monday, the president appeared to forget Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s name during a White House event, calling the Pentagon chief "the guy who runs that outfit over there."

President Biden Mixes Up His Secretaries of State and Defense​

Biden Forgets What State His Energy Sec Was Governor Of, Gives Up in Middle of Trying to Remember​

“She’s the former governor of the state of Michigan. Michigan. Wrong,” Biden said, blinking all the while. “She was a former sta- — she was a governor.”
Thanks for pivoting to Biden. Very typical.

This thread is about Trump. Anything to discuss related to Trump forgetting the guy he endorsed?

But Joe Biden is fine. Really.
Compared to Trump, yes. Compared to several other congress critters, yes... many who are decades younger.

The "cognitive decline" of some aging members of Congress or even the President will not destroy the democratic experiment in the United States, but the Republican Party very may well do so. Having a President who is an asset of a foreign power is dangerous, too. Those of you worried about Trump forgetting names might worry about whether he has been paid by Putin as is being alleged more and more recently. Put your priorities in order, folks.

And do remember that Congress does not pass Constitutional amendments.

Same here. I held my nose and voted for Biden and I'd do it again. Not thrilled to be voting for someone so old, but damn. The choices we have are horrible.
In the 2024 primaries, I am going to hope there is someone reasonable that is under the age of 70. It's not that there aren't many people older that have great mental capabilities, but things slow down after that age.

And where being gay is not a concern
Why not just vote for a man so that you don't need to worry about the abortion issue? You know what can happen with a woman.

will be 70 in a few months
while i agree with your position, it is up to the voters to decide if age is a factor for their vote
we do elect the politicians (young - like snot wheels - and old) that we deserve
I am sure at almost 70, your cognitive abilities are much greater than Boebart, Cawthone, MGT, Gohmert and Gaetz. While there are dumb Democrats, when it comes to those 5, it is very hard to get any dumber than they are.

It’s just not a factor of age
Mangy three – names could not remember shit in the recent trial
She’s 47 years old

Front runner to lead the 2024 Presidential candidacy embarrassed himself once again by failing to remember one of the candidates he supposedly endorsed. Anyone know who JD Mandel is?

Of course, we have no idea if he truly knew who he was endorsing, since his mental state is degrading very rapidly.
I live in Ohio. This is making the rounds of the news.

I would never vote for J.D.Mandel anyhow.

I am sure at almost 70, your cognitive abilities are much greater than Boebart, Cawthone, MGT, Gohmert and Gaetz. While there are dumb Democrats, when it comes to those 5, it is very hard to get any dumber than they are.
That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of @justabubba! I say he's a smart man, head and shoulders above most posters on Debate Politics. (y)

In the 2024 primaries, I am going to hope there is someone reasonable that is under the age of 70. It's not that there aren't many people older that have great mental capabilities, but things slow down after that age.

Exactly, my friend. I'll be the first to admit that people start to slow in allllllll areas after around 50ish.

I could make a list of all the things that have slowed for me, but I'd forget about halfway through and ....

wait, what were we talking about again?

Actually, for men they slow down after about 20. Women hit their prime at around 40.

Throw in some Gym Jordan just for the fun of it and I will agree

Who made 70 the magic age? Did some scientist do studies and crunch numbers? "Things" slow down at 70? Really? Evidence?

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of @justabubba! I say he's a smart man, head and shoulders above most posters on Debate Politics. (y)
Thanks, but I understand what was being said. It was recognition that age is not the only criterion which relates to mental limitations

The people who approve a Constitutional amendment are not elected to office. Are you sure you are the right age to be able to handle serving in Congress yourself?
But an amendment can only be proposed by either a 2/3rds vote in both houses or a Constitutional Convention. The latter has never happened except for the original convention that drafted the Constitution.

So Congress in practice would have to draft and approve a propsed amendment.

I'm rather ashamed my state re-elected Dianne Feinstein. Of course we elected Kamala Harris as well. On the other hand, I think Pelosi is doing a great job.

Not a very high bar - just sayin’ 😂

Who made 70 the magic age? Did some scientist do studies and crunch numbers? "Things" slow down at 70? Really? Evidence?
For my primary, I did. I noticed that there are more people who are not as sharp as they were after 70 from talking to them. Well after 35 really, but more people seem to lose it after 70. It's an arbitrary number for me, because I just want to get newer blood in the white house.

Not a very high bar - just sayin’ 😂
Hence, the term 'much'

I was going to add a few democrats in that list, but honestly, those people are so much more visible than any dumb democrat.

When Trump said the American revolutionary Army took control of British airports in 1776,that was a big red flag...

If Biden said something that stupid Trumpsters would want him impeached and put into a nursing home... But Trump said it, so his cult don't care...

Saying the British had airports in 1776 is either incredible stupid, or a sign of dementia.. Either way that person shouldn't be a president or leader of a political party..

Back
Top Bottom