• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump orders rapid withdrawal from Syria in apparent reversal

With the US withdrawal, Trump has strategically ceded Syria to Assad, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah.

Guaranteed, this short-sighted decision is going to bite the US in the ass down the road.
Riddle me this, do we really WANT them?

Right we should let Putin and Iran divide up Syria for themselves. They need more influence in the region and the World too. That will fix it.

We could draw some "red lines" and scare them into behaving better like Obama did. The idea of stating a mission, accomplishing that mission and then leaving is not a bad idea once in a while. What, exactly, is your plan?

I guess people prefer Trump escalate a war. Unbelievable...they complained he could start WWIII, and now they complain that he isn't blowing **** up every 5 minutes.

Right we should let Putin and Iran divide up Syria for themselves. They need more influence in the region and the World too. That will fix it.

Thats already happened. And if you remember, it was Obama that invited the Russians in. Wed went in to destroy ISIS. Thats done. Now you want us to fight the Russians and Iranians?? You are gonna need a lot more troops to accomplish that.

We could draw some "red lines" and scare them into behaving better like Obama did. The idea of stating a mission, accomplishing that mission and then leaving is not a bad idea once in a while. What, exactly, is your plan?

Their plan is to oppose whatever Trump does. Trump wants out of Syria and every liberal starts to sound like Dick Cheney.

Thats already happened. And if you remember, it was Obama that invited the Russians in. Wed went in to destroy ISIS. Thats done. Now you want us to fight the Russians and Iranians?? You are gonna need a lot more troops to accomplish that.

Yes Trump withdrew from the Syrian peace talks last year to the amazement of the military and State Dept.. Part of his Make America Weaker pledge to Putin no doubt. Assad invited the Russians in not Obama. I do not want the Kurds to be massacred because they allied with us to fight ISIS. Don't you think that sets a terrible precedent for our other allies? Don't you think Trump might have consulted the military before taking this step?

Last edited:

What delusional bull****.

A. It was Assad who invited the Russians in. Obama had nothing to do with it.
B. ISIS isn't destroyed.

Yes Trump withdrew from the Syrian peace talks last year to the amazement of the military and State Dept.. Part of his Make America Weaker pledge to Putin no doubt. Assad invited the Russians in not Obama. I do not want the Kurds to be massacred because they allied with us to fight ISIS. Don't you think that sets a terrible precedent for our other allies? Don't you think Trump might have consulted the military before taking this step?

I think you can make legitimate arguments for staying. We have managed to do that in Afghanistan for 17 years. But I wouldnt mind pulling out of there either.

I think you can make legitimate arguments for staying. We have managed to do that in Afghanistan for 17 years. But I wouldnt mind pulling out of there either.

Why should the Kurds and our military do the heavy lifting against ISIS and we throw it all away by ceding all influence in Syria to Iran and Russia? Syria is not Afghanistan either. They are different countries.

People are losing their minds

Yep starting with the MSM. Our mission in Syria was to combat ISIS and they have had great success. It isn't our responsibility to stay in the region for anything else. If the talking heads and others fear what will happen with Iran and Russia taking over the territory of Syria let Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordon and the rest of the Arabic nations against the Shiites deal with it. And if Russia continues to be aggressive, let the EU deal with it. I and many Americans are fed up with the mindset that our treasure and our tax dollars are suppose to police the world. Bull ****!

Why should the Kurds and our military do the heavy lifting against ISIS and we throw it all away by ceding all influence in Syria to Iran and Russia? Syria is not Afghanistan either. They are different countries.

They are?? Wow, thanks. Did you have the same opinion of our withdrawl from Iraq under Obama? You know, when we did all the heavy lifting then threw it all away by ceding all influence to Iran and eventually ISIS. But yes, there are risks to leaving. But you could make that argument anywhere we are deployed across the globe. At some point we have to leave these places.

They are?? Wow, thanks. Did you have the same opinion of our withdrawl from Iraq under Obama? You know, when we did all the heavy lifting then threw it all away by ceding all influence to Iran and eventually ISIS. But yes, there are risks to leaving. But you could make that argument anywhere we are deployed across the globe. At some point we have to leave these places.

Obama had nothing to do with Iran's influence in Iraq. GW Bush overthrew Saddam and then vetted and approved the election of a Iranian sympathizer as President of Iraq. The date for withdrawal from Iraq was determined when Bush signed the documents that specified that date for withdrawal of all American troops. The Iraqi's held us to it leaving Obama no other good options. What makes you think we have reached the point where we desert our allies and bend to Putin's will again? What gives him the right to determine the future of Syria? Why is kowtowing to Putin always the right choice for Trump? Could his dream of Trump Tower Moscow be more important than America's allies and influence? Is betraying American interests an impeachable offense?

Last edited:
Their plan is to oppose whatever Trump does. Trump wants out of Syria and every liberal starts to sound like Dick Cheney.

The thought has occurred to me that this "out of the blue" decision to end the Syrian chapter of the (endless?) war on terror just might be in order to create some (suddenly no longer needed?) funds which could then be "repurposed" for funding the Great Wall Of Trump. I hope that is not the case but would not rule it out as a possible Trump "business decision".

It's not just the left but the neo-cons of his own party.
Here's a thought, the money saved from pulling 2000 troops out of Syria which is in the billions a year would probably provide enough money for the military to then be deployed to the border to build the wall for national security purposes.

The thought has occurred to me that this "out of the blue" decision to end the Syrian chapter of the (endless?) war on terror just might be in order to create some (suddenly no longer needed?) funds which could then be "repurposed" for funding the Great Wall Of Trump. I hope that is not the case but would not rule it out as a possible Trump "business decision".

That was my second or third thought and I like it. I am so tired of our tax dollars being used to police other countries when this country can't seem to elect a Congress willing to protect this country. The billions we spend each year due to illegal immigration is ridiculous. Have you seen the size of our debt? It has become a national security issue in itself. Good G-d why wouldn't people be willing to do the right things to stop the bleeding of money just by securing our borders is beyond me. And that doesn't even begin to address the drug problem and bad people getting into this country that end up costing us billions.

I asked YOUR opinion. Apparently you dont have one. You just ape what others say. Try again: Why dont you demonstrate that you can think for yourself for once and explain why we should stay there and for how long and for what purpose?

My opinion? You want my opinion? Then just ask.

I think wars are ****ing stupid but I'm predominantly opposed to genocides. That is where I think stepping it warrants tough action. So when you go into stupid republican wars that we've been injected into and start bombing giant vacuums, you are creating a scenario of a genocide to follow. Assad is going to slaughter with impunity now with Russia's backing and probably chemicals. We are there. We need to back out in a way that hopefully reassures this won't happen. But trump spoke. And the sheep will all the sudden think evacuating immediately is the greatest idea ever. **** the generals. **** the senate or telling anyone and **** our allies views... because trump spoke and the cult abides.

On another note, Trump said today that ISIS is defeated. Do you actually believe this? They will come back and the GOP will miraculously somehow blame it on the Dems... Obama or Hillary most likely.

It's an unlikely coincidence that he lifted financial sanctions on Deripaska, his Russian friend today, under cover of the Syria noise.

Yes after the U.S did all the heavy lifting in defeating ISIS with the help of the Kurds, Putin and Assad have declared victory and the Kurds will be exterminated. No one will make the mistake of trusting us again.

The Kurds have been shafted royally by the US; in Syria and in Iraq prior. The US did something similar to the Mujahideen in Afghanistan once the Soviets were forced out; that didn't help relations.

Would you rather he escalate things? Send a few thousand more?
Oh! Maybe he could start a bombing campaign! Maybe kill a few civilians. But hey...cost of war, right? Bomb, baby bomb! Don't give in to Putin! Kill Kill Kill!

Post 66.

What you described there is the GOP platform of war hawking all up until just today because daddy trump spoke something different after his master Putin told him to. And trump cult abides.

President Trump's troop withdrawal from Syria a 'huge' mistake: Senator Lindsey Graham

lindsey-graham-ap-jt-180929_hpMain_16x9_992-480x270.jpg

Although I rarely see eye-to-eye with Graham since he became a Trump sycophant, we agree 100% on this. A huge mistake by Commander ChickenSpurs.

As expected, the Senator from Russia ... Rand Paul, applauded the withdrawal.

Republicans... Oversight... Trump... As water flows up hill and pigs fly... Wow.

Republicans... Oversight... Trump... As water flows up hill and pigs fly... Wow.

I KNEW IT!!! Stupid LIBTARDS hate TRUMP!!! Oh...oh...wait......hmmm....uhh...oh yeah....STUPID RINOS AND NEVERTRUMPER FAKE GOP!!!

It's not just the left but the neo-cons of his own party.
Here's a thought, the money saved from pulling 2000 troops out of Syria which is in the billions a year would probably provide enough money for the military to then be deployed to the border to build the wall for national security purposes.

That was the second thought I had.
(Not the second thought ever, you understand, just about this Presidential call for troop withdrawal topic.)
The first thought was that it's just one more topic on which a person's position depends not on the order itself but rather who has given the order.
Witness the OP and its accompanying brief slavish-to-a-narrative commentary.

That was the second thought I had.
(Not the second thought ever, you understand, just about this Presidential call for troop withdrawal topic.)
The first thought was that it's just one more topic on which a person's position depends not on the order itself but rather who has given the order.
Witness the OP and its accompanying brief slavish-to-a-narrative commentary.

Well Bubba Syria's problem started over a civil war. Assad allowed all kinds of terrorist groups to enter his country in hopes it would help him keep control and they are still there. It's a friggin mess. We completed our mission in Syria. It is time to move out.

Back
Top Bottom