• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump orders rapid withdrawal from Syria in apparent reversal

Great news if the United States is actually getting out of Syria.

Let the Russians have the area. They will eventually be chased out as happened to them in Afghanistan. Speaking of which, President Trump should next withdraw from Afghanistan. I am sure that the Afghans are lovely people, but it's their fight. No more Americans should die there.

Giving Syria to Russia and lifting sanctions on Russian oligarch Deripaska. If he was any tougher on Russia, I don't know what they would do.

Merry Christmas Vlad!

Last edited:
Obama lost any US credibility in Syria a long time ago, but it took America years to figure out the reality.

but but but ... OBAMA!!!11!!!

Thanks to trump we lack credibility in any part of the world now because he answers to putin.

Looks like Putin snapped his fingers again and made trump his bitch yet again...

looks like it. however, i have supported withdrawing from all conflicts in the Middle East for some time now, so i'd be a bit of a hypocrite if i didn't support this. no more undeclared wars.

Looks like Putin snapped his fingers again and made trump his bitch yet again...

Planning is underway for a "full" and "rapid" withdrawal of US troops from Syria, a US defense official told CNN Wednesday.

The decision, which would be a reversal from previously stated US policy, was made by President Donald Trump, who has long signaled his desire to get out of Syria, the official added. On Wednesday morning, the President tweeted, "we have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."​

So you want us to stay in Syria? For how long and for what purpose?

President Trump's troop withdrawal from Syria a 'huge' mistake: Senator Lindsey Graham

lindsey-graham-ap-jt-180929_hpMain_16x9_992-480x270.jpg

Although I rarely see eye-to-eye with Graham since he became a Trump sycophant, we agree 100% on this. A huge mistake by Commander ChickenSpurs.

As expected, the Senator from Russia ... Rand Paul, applauded the withdrawal.

A round of golf this weekend will set Lindsey straight.

Planning is underway for a "full" and "rapid" withdrawal of US troops from Syria, a US defense official told CNN Wednesday.

The decision, which would be a reversal from previously stated US policy, was made by President Donald Trump, who has long signaled his desire to get out of Syria, the official added. On Wednesday morning, the President tweeted, "we have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency."​

You guys are just too funny. You blast Republicans for being hell bent on wars and then when Trump gets us out of one, you blast him for that. Apparently now you want war.

You guys are just too funny. You blast Republicans for being hell bent on wars and then when Trump gets us out of one, you blast him for that. Apparently now you want war.

Yeah... post #32.

Why dont you demonstrate that you can think for yourself for once and explain why we should stay there and for how long and for what purpose?

Why don't you read my post again eh?

No, if Trump wants X, they want Y. To suggest that liberals are thinking any deeper than that is silly.

Looks like TRump has given away southeast Asia, Europe and the middle east.... so far.

The 25th Amendment is overdo.

Oh good grief what a bunch of crap!

Why don't you read my post again eh?

I asked YOUR opinion. Apparently you dont have one. You just ape what others say. Try again: Why dont you demonstrate that you can think for yourself for once and explain why we should stay there and for how long and for what purpose?

Orange Fonz's approach to our military status in the work is the same he used for being drafted during the Vietnam War, "Run Away!"
NOTE: He did this without meeting with top military personnel. Perhaps as he has said, he knows more about the military than anyone.:rofl

Yes, we get that the Trump cult doesn’t give a **** about American interests or fighting terrorism. Thanks for confirming that bud.

No, if Trump wants X, they want Y. To suggest that liberals are thinking any deeper than that is silly.

Yep. Glad to see them pulling the troops out of Syria. Hope they pull out a whole lot more in the coming days.

With the US withdrawal, Trump has strategically ceded Syria to Assad, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah.

Guaranteed, this short-sighted decision is going to bite the US in the ass down the road.

Perhaps we should keep some US troops there until it becomes a model nation like Afghanistan. After all, its only costing a few American lives and some minute amount of funding.

Would you rather he escalate things? Send a few thousand more?
Oh! Maybe he could start a bombing campaign! Maybe kill a few civilians. But hey...cost of war, right? Bomb, baby bomb! Don't give in to Putin! Kill Kill Kill!

We'll still mess around in Syria using forces in Iraq if needed.

Now, understand that IMO we shouldn't have attacked Iraq after 9/11, and certainly our strategy and tactics had some issues when we did (also in Afghanistan).

I don't know how we unravel ourselves from the area, but I think we should.

Perhaps we should keep some US troops there until it becomes a model nation like Afghanistan. After all, its only costing a few American lives and some minute amount of funding.

Right we should let Putin and Iran divide up Syria for themselves. They need more influence in the region and the World too. That will fix it.

With the US withdrawal, Trump has strategically ceded Syria to Assad, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah.

Guaranteed, this short-sighted decision is going to bite the US in the ass down the road.

Syria was a lost cause to get involved with in the first place.

And if we had dethroned Assad, Obama would've let it go to **** like Libya. In that case, he said "Yep! We killed your dictator. Now adios!" instead of helping them rebuild and form some kind of friendly gov't. Instead, he left it a power vacuum filled by ISIS.

So, Bottom Boy lives up to his name again, eh?

Back
Top Bottom