• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is working for STATES RIGHTS with his VP Pic of Pence

I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture. Who said the intent was to use "states' rights" to stop the Federal Government?

The Confederacy tried to use "states rights" as their slogan to cover for the fact that they were terrified of the North gaining political power and ending slavery.

The Confederacy tried to use "states rights" as their slogan to cover for the fact that they were terrified of the North gaining political power and ending slavery.

Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks for the history lesson. And??

what would be STRICT. ??? the wise founders only let the most wise vote for a very good reason.... they saw indians and blacks and women as less wise and saw many white males as unwise also.... so they used a property test as their wisdom test since women COULD own property.... IF one was strict with the founders would then a wisdom test made to find the highest Wisdom to do the voting ...... the ability to gain and hold property separated the wise white males from the unwise white males

meaning you go by the letter of what is written in the constitution, consult the federalist papers.

the founders left voting in the hands of the state governments were it had been before the constitution.

As I figured. Ah, the ever pervasive myth of self-governance. The concept of unalienable or Inalienable rights is merely a myth. Our history has taught us as much. Mob rule or total suppression are the two extreme ends of the spectrum. History has taught us that mob rule is never preferable, nor sustainable in the long run. The key to success, as you may well know, is finding some balance....some mixture in the spectrum.

Overall, I feel that our nation has done a very good job of maintaining this balance, comparatively speaking. I'd give us at least a B+. I am certainly no defeatist, and its my contention that the system isn't as broken as Presidential election years and political party antics would have us believe. I love progress, when the situation calls for it....we CAN make things better. But not progress simply for the sake of progress, or boredom, or because its politically expedient. Okay rant over.

i see by what you posted, you don't know what a constitutionalist is

by the way look at my signature, to get an idea

i see by what you posted, you don't know what a constitutionalist is

by the way look at my signature, to get an idea
Uhh, yes, I am aware of what a constitutionalist is, thank you. I can see by your reply that you do not know the difference between "realism" versus "idealism".
I was simply pointing out that based on your answers, you've still fallen under the "myth of self governance". That's all.

Last edited:
Uhh, yes, I am aware of what a constitutionalist is, thank you. I can see by your reply that you do not know the difference between "realism" versus "idealism".

so your idea is don't follow the constitution, but go by reality of the situation

meaning you go by the letter of what is written in the constitution, consult the federalist papers.

the founders left voting in the hands of the state governments were it had been before the constitution.

and that just proves the founders were very wise... WHY?? because of allowing states to make their own laws other states can compare systems and this leads to finding the best system of govt by all states.... many states would indeed go with the intent of having ONLY the most wise to vote.... they would make a wisdom test for voters....

Having states RIGHTS makes people LEARN by making people take full pain for their errors and this is how states rights would totally end liberalism

Trump is working for STATES RIGHTS with his VP Pic of Pence

not really. he's working to tie up social conservatives and the Republican establishment, as he feels that these are his weak spots with his base. had i been one of his advisors, i would have argued for another VP pick, since Pence will not deliver a swing state, women, or moderates.

not really. he's working to tie up social conservatives and the Republican establishment, as he feels that these are his weak spots with his base. had i been one of his advisors, i would have argued for another VP pick, since Pence will not deliver a swing state, women, or moderates.

pence could indeed deliver a swing state.....his state is right in the middle of the rust belt states.... he is a northern catholic...

but still the main thing is how pence has worked state govt to try to stop abortions and the immigration of syrians and of gay marriage..... THAT working state govts may be the key why TRUMP picked pence because it does not matter if hillary wins because that will get the ball rolling quickly... TRUMP already has shown his cards with getting THE MEN by going strong after the VETS.. Law enforcement and the military... when he gets with 30 conservative states and demands states rights then there is no power to stop that

pence could indeed deliver a swing state.....his state is right in the middle of the rust belt states.... he is a northern catholic...

but still the main thing is how pence has worked state govt to try to stop abortions and the immigration of syrians and of gay marriage..... THAT working state govts may be the key why TRUMP picked pence because it does not matter if hillary wins because that will get the ball rolling quickly... TRUMP already has shown his cards with getting THE MEN by going strong after the VETS.. Law enforcement and the military... when he gets with 30 conservative states and demands states rights then there is no power to stop that

Indiana has not been in play since 2008. this is a fact. as for Pence, refer to my earlier post.

Indiana has not been in play since 2008. this is a fact. as for Pence, refer to my earlier post.

I did.... and yes to help lure women more then a woman pick could help more...... BUT BUT indiana is in the middle of the rust belt states and again because he is CATHOLIC that helps because trumps other conservatives are mostly protestant

AND AGAIN this is NOT TRUMPS main reason... the main reason is how pence works hard for STATES RIGHTS by pushing the govt

and trump has already shown his cards by getting the mens vote.... the vets... law enforcement and the military... there is nothing that can stop 30 conservative states demanding states rights

TRUMP knows that just winning an election will not stop the problem.. He knows ONLY STATES RIGHTS will stop the problem and picked the best he could find to help push for that.... with this both catholics and protestants can come together

I did.... and yes to help lure women more then a woman pick could help more...... BUT BUT indiana is in the middle of the rust belt states and again because he is CATHOLIC that helps because trumps other conservatives are mostly protestant

AND AGAIN this is NOT TRUMPS main reason... the main reason is how pence works hard for STATES RIGHTS by pushing the govt

and trump has already shown his cards by getting the mens vote.... the vets... law enforcement and the military... there is nothing that can stop 30 conservative states demanding states rights

Pence is unlikely to deliver swing states that aren't already heavily red. Trump picked him to shore up parts of the base that he would already have the support of if he wasn't such a poor candidate.

Pence is unlikely to deliver swing states that aren't already heavily red. Trump picked him to shore up parts of the base that he would already have the support of if he wasn't such a poor candidate.

Again that is not his MAIN REASON..... if he wanted to win more easily he would not shore up his base but instead try to get independents and democrats since there are MORE of these voting.. HE DOES NOT need to shore up his base because there is no other place for them to go and they want hillary stopped much worse than stopping trump

With this pick of pence he sees he may can win and if not then he can bring 30 conservative states to demand states rights

Again that is not his MAIN REASON..... if he wanted to win more easily he would not shore up his base but instead try to get independents and democrats since there are MORE of these voting.. HE DOES NOT need to shore up his base because there is no other place for them to go and they want hillary stopped much worse than stopping trump

With this pick of pence he sees he may can win and if not then he can bring 30 conservative states to demand states rights

it is his "main reason." i listened to part of his speech yesterday, and he spent a significant part of it on evangelicals and talking about making churches into political engines. if you think that Trump as president is going to relinquish federal power to the states when that doesn't benefit him much, i think that you're going to be pretty disappointed. Trump is all about Trump, and he certainly isn't running for governor.

it is his "main reason." i listened to part of his speech yesterday, and he spent a significant part of it on evangelicals and talking about making churches into political engines. if you think that Trump as president is going to relinquish federal power to the states when that doesn't benefit him much, i think that you're going to be pretty disappointed. Trump is all about Trump, and he certainly isn't running for governor.

see that is why he got a northern catholic.. if he was just trying to shore up his base he would have gotten protestants and if he was trying hard to win he would have got a northern catholic woman.. HIM picking a man and his strong push for states rights is the REASON he was picked

again it makes no sense to shore up conservatives because there is NO other place to go to since hillary is the most hated with all conservatives..... so they cannot stop supporting trump

so where does he need to go to win more support??? yes its independents and democrats and if he just wanted to do that he would not have picked an older white man.... so the real reason is to help push states rights

see that is why he got a northern catholic.. if he was just trying to shore up his base he would have gotten protestants and if he was trying hard to win he would have got a northern catholic woman.. HIM picking a man and hist strong push for states rights is the REASON..

again it makes no sense to shore up conservatives because there is NO other place to go to since hillary is the most hated with all conservatives..... so they cannot stop supporting trump

so where does he need to go to win more support??? yes its independents and democrats and if he just wanted to do that he would not have picked an older white man.... so the real reason is to help push states rights

yes, it's independents and non-right wing ideologues in swing states. Pence doesn't help him there.

also pences support for nafta would not help trump.... so the main reason is for states rights

yes, it's independents and non-right wing ideologues in swing states. Pence doesn't help him there.

AGAIN pence was NOT picked to help shore up the conservative base as you say..... and if trump wanted to just win the election he would not picked pence a older white male..... but that is the thing.. Trump wants something else.. he wants states rights and with pence he has the best help for that

AGAIN pence was NOT picked to help shore up the conservative base as you say..... and trump wanted to just win the election he would not picked pence a older white male..... but that is the thing.. Trump wants something else.. he wants states rights and with pence he has the best help for that

refer to earlier posts in which i already addressed this argument.

Trump has got these on his side..... the VETS.. THE MEN....Law enforcement.. the military and now pence the gov that has been fighting the feds..... this shows he has all the help he needs to bring states rights

refer to earlier posts in which i already addressed this argument.

i did and you fail to understand that the base cannot go anywhere else BECAUSE hillarys total crookedness stops this so this was NOT to shore up his base this pick

i did and you fail to understand that the base cannot go anywhere else BECAUSE hillarys total crookedness stops this so this was NOT to shore up his base this pick

Trump and his advisors must be somewhat concerned about shoring up a portion of the base to ensure that they show up on election day, or he wouldn't have chosen a social conservative from a sure to win red state. this is intuitively obvious to the casual observer.

Trump and his advisors must be somewhat concerned about shoring up a portion of the base to ensure that they show up on election day, or he wouldn't have chosen a social conservative from a sure to win red state. this is intuitively obvious to the casual observer.

again this is not ovious.... why?? because NO anti abortionists would not pick trump over hillary....hillary is a known fact and the very worst no way that they would not vote for trump over hillary

then the next are the independents... most of those are independent because of not wanting EXTREME conservatives or extreme liberals so that pick does NOT help with independents at all and does not help with democrats since they are pro abortion.. this proves the real reason is to help push states rights.. NOT TO SHORE UP CONSERVATIVES

Back
Top Bottom