• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is working for STATES RIGHTS with his VP Pic of Pence

As ignorant and generally uninformed as the electorate has become, I may not be in total disagreement with you on this one.

Although I must add, I am certainly no elitist and am generally opposed to flirting with oligarchy as an option.

the people are represented by the house, the state legislatures are to be represented by the senate, known as a balanced government

people have rights, which are unalienable, government have powers which can be changed or taken away.

right to self government

So all individual rights are inalienable? They cant be taken away?

There is a broad line between idealism and realism my friend.....especially in the realm of governance.

So all individual rights are inalienable? They cant be taken away?

There is a broad line between idealism and realism my friend.....especially in the realm of governance.

are ,,,unalienable/ inalienable actually have two different meanings

the people are represented by the house, the state legislatures are to be represented by the senate, known as a balanced government

Yes, that was the original intent. I am aware of that. Thank you for the civics lesson.

The two-party system has somewhat railroaded that whole plan.

are ,,,unalienable/ inalienable actually have two different meanings

Okay, mincing words again. Bottom line....are you implying that there are individual rights that cannot be taken away under our system?

WRONG.... copying is NOT true wisdom... it is INVENTORS and they win the wars...... and remember what the wise founders said... There never was a democracy that didn't commit suicide..... everyone of them does.... are you blind to history?

are you blind to what made this nation great??? yep it was a wisdom test for voters .. which they called a property test
Not at all ... the error of their ways was soon seen and their mistake corrected ... with non-property owners non-white men and women allowing our society to become great ... the greatest the world has seen and all those were liberal wise educated ideas while the conservative ideas fell away to the bitter past ... and through these efforts the wars were won ... and through these efforts the country and world become greater ... these are the immutable truths.

Not at all ... the error of their ways was soon seen and their mistake corrected ... with non-property owners non-white men and women allowing our society to become great ... the greatest the world has seen and all those were liberal wise educated ideas while the conservative ideas fell away to the bitter past ... and through these efforts the wars were won ... and through these efforts the country and world become greater ... these are the immutable truths.

Wrong AGAIN ... you need to check history

Yes, that was the original intent. I am aware of that. Thank you for the civics lesson.

The two-party system has somewhat railroaded that whole plan.

yes they have by:

in 1913 they

gave was the 16th, giving government power over the people via taxes

gave us the 17th, took away state power in the senate, so now states can no longer protect themselves from federal usurpation

gave us the federal reserve act, putting our dollar into the hands of a private bank, and removing americans people control over it

I see what you're doing. :lamo

yes they have by:

in 1913 they

gave was the 16th, giving government power over the people via taxes

gave us the 17th, took away state power in the senate, so now states can no longer protect themselves from federal usurpation

gave us the federal reserve act, putting our dollar into the hands of a private bank, and removing americans people control over it
You're leaving out the 12th? The most horrendous alteration to the COTUS ever made?

soon corrected.... oh how so wrong are you??? women could not even be on juries until the 1950's then that had to filter thru like voting did to bring the changes starting in the 1980's.. wake up and learn some history

Okay, mincing words again. Bottom line....are you implying that there are individual rights that cannot be taken away under our system?

the federal government is not supposed to make any laws which violate the right of "we the people," but they can make laws which curtail rights of a person for violating the rights of another or threatening the health and safety of the public

the federal government is not supposed to make any laws which violate the right of "we the people," but they can make laws which curtail rights of a person for violating the rights of another or threatening the health and safety of the public
That's not an answer to the question that I asked.

You're leaving out the 12th? The most horrendous alteration to the COTUS ever made?

well i can name a better solution, and that is to return the EC vote for delgates back in the hands of the people, not in the hands of political parties

well i can name a better solution, and that is to return the EC vote for delgates back in the hands of the people, not in the hands of political parties
Finally, something on which we can agree!

Wrong AGAIN ... you need to check history
You are wrong ... my history is correct and accurate ... you need a basic education and a liberal understanding of the world to understand ... this education was always gotten in liberal studies and not through conservative bibles ... that's why there will be no tests and no secession ... these are the immutable truths.

are you saying have they taken rights away, yes, the government has violated many rights of people, right of property , right of association, and more.
okay good, now we are getting somewhere. Would you also agree, as an apparent Lockean, that the government only possesses those powers which the people have allowed it to have?

You are wrong ... my history is correct and accurate ... you need a basic education and a liberal understanding of the world to understand ... this education was always gotten in liberal studies and not through conservative bibles ... that's why there will be no tests and no secession ... these are the immutable truths.

WRONG AGAIN... women could not be on juries until the 1950's and that along with the voting had to slowly filter thru until liberalism started in the 1980's and 1990's and that is when americans GDP scores started to fall

check the IQ expert prof lynn to see who are the wise?? don't get scared and don't get scared to not check what happened to rhodesia when wider democracy came to bring in the lower wisdom folks

don't be scared of history

Another joke post, I disappear for a little while and I come back and there's quite a few of posters that make nothign but joke posts. HAHAHA at least it seems the majority of the board just makes fun of those posts.

of course, iam a strict constitutionalist

what would be STRICT. ??? the wise founders only let the most wise vote for a very good reason.... they saw indians and blacks and women as less wise and saw many white males as unwise also.... so they used a property test as their wisdom test since women COULD own property.... IF one was strict with the founders would then a wisdom test made to find the highest Wisdom to do the voting ...... the ability to gain and hold property separated the wise white males from the unwise white males

soon corrected.... oh how so wrong are you??? women could not even be on juries until the 1950's then that had to filter thru like voting did to bring the changes starting in the 1980's.. wake up and learn some history
all of these improvements lie on the continumn of great liberal ideas that have pushed the country forward to greatness from it's conservative beginnings ... all have overcome great conservative resistance ... as always liberalism trumps conservatism and propels the country and the world forward to new heights of greatness ... these are the immutable truths.

okay good, now we are getting somewhere. Would you also agree, as an apparent Lockean, that the government only possesses those powers which the people have allowed it to have?

and the question is.... WHO ARE...... WE THE PEOPLE....??? who did they let vote?

of course, iam a strict constitutionalist

As I figured. Ah, the ever pervasive myth of self-governance. The concept of unalienable or Inalienable rights is merely a myth. Our history has taught us as much. Mob rule or total suppression are the two extreme ends of the spectrum. History has taught us that mob rule is never preferable, nor sustainable in the long run. The key to success, as you may well know, is finding some balance....some mixture in the spectrum.

Overall, I feel that our nation has done a very good job of maintaining this balance, comparatively speaking. I'd give us at least a B+. I am certainly no defeatist, and its my contention that the system isn't as broken as Presidential election years and political party antics would have us believe. I love progress, when the situation calls for it....we CAN make things better. But not progress simply for the sake of progress, or boredom, or because its politically expedient. Okay rant over.

Back
Top Bottom