• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transgender bathroom choice

The one(s) who actually look like women, and that I have no knowledge of ever being otherwise. Otoh, my niece who wants to be a man, I would feel perfectly comfortable in the bathroom with, but that's because I know her, and have known her since she was a little girl. A man who wants to be a woman, but still looks like a man would make me uncomfortable. There's the honesty that you requested. The local elderly man, who dresses like a woman, and wears a bright red wig, and miniskirts would be a problem for me.

So, would you be uncomfortable with the two women had you known their past? Say if you worked with them?

Would you be comfortable with your niece(nephew) using the men's room once they start taking hormones for a bit?(If that's the direction their going down?)

And is this elderly person you're talking about a trans person who just doesn't pass, but is on HRT, and identifies as a female, or are they just a cross dresser? Because there is a big difference.

Which person would you feel most uncomfortable using the restroom with? All these people are trans, but assume you didn't know that they are trans, which is what you would know if this were a real situation. Which person out of these 3 people would you feel uncomfortable seeing when you entered the woman's restroom? Please answer honestly.

Honestly, as a man, I am not entering a woman's restroom unless I am employed as a janitor or unless it sounds like someone is in immediate distress and needs help.

We are not talking about comfort... and for myself, I have already indicated that if one wants admittance to public bathroom, one should be attired as is appropriate to your gender... or should not be allowed. We, society, do not have to cater to every deviance... furthermore we should not as it encourages increasingly more deviance.

So, would you be uncomfortable with the two women had you known their past? Say if you worked with them?

Would you be comfortable with your niece(nephew) using the men's room once they start taking hormones for a bit?(If that's the direction their going down?)

And is this elderly person you're talking about a trans person who just doesn't pass, but is on HRT, and identifies as a female, or are they just a cross dresser? Because there is a big difference.

It's hard to say for sure, as I don't work with any women who used to be men. As for my neice, since I have known her since birth, I doubt that I would be uncomfortable with her either way, but if she made the transition, she would likely not want to go in a women's bathroom with me. As the the elderly man- hard to say. I don't know him personally.

Great news!! Another step towards equality. Hopefully there will be laws like this in the whole country.

I doubt we see this in Texas in my lifetime. I know we won't see it with the people I associate with. I guess we will have to avoid the perverse places sometime in the future to have a decent and godly life.

I doubt we see this in Texas in my lifetime. I know we won't see it with the people I associate with. I guess we will have to avoid the perverse places sometime in the future to have a decent and godly life.

Trans people are all around you, you just don't know it. They're not perverts, or freaks, they are decent human beings just trying to live their lives. That is why the things you, and other people are saying in this thread are so sick.

It's hard to say for sure, as I don't work with any women who used to be men. As for my neice, since I have known her since birth, I doubt that I would be uncomfortable with her either way, but if she made the transition, she would likely not want to go in a women's bathroom with me. As the the elderly man- hard to say. I don't know him personally.

Why would it be hard to say? Would you really be uncomfortable with someone who looks like a woman, talks like a woman, acts like a woman, who you know as a woman using the woman's restroom just because they were born male-bodied? And if so why? It really doesn't make sense to me at all. I've used the bathroom with trans friends of mine, and they just use the bathroom, it's no big deal. I really don't get why people would be upset over something like this.

Why would it be hard to say? Would you really be uncomfortable with someone who looks like a woman, talks like a woman, acts like a woman, who you know as a woman using the woman's restroom just because they were born male-bodied? And if so why? It really doesn't make sense to me at all. I've used the bathroom with trans friends of mine, and they just use the bathroom, it's no big deal. I really don't get why people would be upset over something like this.

To the bolded: for the reasons I stated. If I knew for sure, I'd tell you.

To the bolded: for the reasons I stated. If I knew for sure, I'd tell you.

But why would it be any different from using the bathroom at the same time as me?

But why would it be any different from using the bathroom at the same time as me?

Do you intend to just keep on until I change my mind? If so, it won't work. I stated my position on the issue, and I answered your questions honestly, so it won't really do you much good to try and keep it going. As I said, it's a matter of conditioning for me, as it is for so many other people. It's not an issue of equality for me, but one of personal comfort zones. If that makes you uncomfortable, then I'm sorry, but we don't see the issue through the same lens.

Do you intend to just keep on until I change my mind? If so, it won't work. I stated my position on the issue, and I answered your questions honestly, so it won't really do you much good to try and keep it going. As I said, it's a matter of conditioning for me, as it is for so many other people. It's not an issue of equality for me, but one of personal comfort zones. If that makes you uncomfortable, then I'm sorry, but we don't see the issue through the same lens.

I'm just trying to understand why it makes you uncomfortable. I really don't get it. It's just such a trivial issue I don't get why people get all worked up over it.

I'm just trying to understand why it makes you uncomfortable. I really don't get it. It's just such a trivial issue I don't get why people get all worked up over it.

You don't get it, because you aren't a 55 year old woman who had my specific life, just as I am not an early 20 something year-old woman who has had your life. I'm not worked up- just presenting my own views.

You don't get it, because you aren't a 55 year old woman who had my specific life, just as I am not an early 20 something year-old woman who has had your life. I'm not worked up- just presenting my own views.

Well that's why I'm asking you why it would even possibly be an issue. Why would it even be a problem that a trans woman would use the same bathroom as you?

Yeah, this is the answer. People just need to stop freaking out over something that in no way impacts them. It's really ridiculous when you think about it, trying to make a woman use the men's room just because they were born male-bodied.

Its not a big deal. Not sure why people are making it so

The majority can basically make whatever rules it wants to make. The equal protection clause is the 14th Amendment to the Constitution which was ratified after the Civil War, so it certainly could not be what the Constitution was/is all about since ratification of the original document in 1787. The 14th makes the application of what the majority rules sure to be evenly applied throughout the US and to its citizens.

I'll surprise you by conceding the point. My Constitutional knowledge is similar to my comprehension of piloting aircraft - zero.

So, what do you propose instead? Left to "the majority" we would be in a very different world right now. It took an amendment to free the slaves and to franchise the votes of women. Even today, if we went by majority wishes, would we have jews and muslims even allowed here?

We're in a transitory state on multiple issues. I think we are better for it, not worse. Also, when we say majority do we mean the majority of residents, citizens, voters or representatives? And what if those categories conflict? Which majority do we honor?

Which troubles you more? Obamacare or TG bathroom usage? Both were passed by representatives regardless of the other measures of popularity.

Which person would you feel most uncomfortable using the restroom with? All these people are trans, but assume you didn't know that they are trans, which is what you would know if this were a real situation. Which person out of these 3 people would you feel uncomfortable seeing when you entered the woman's restroom? Please answer honestly.

hqdefault.jpg

Christine+McGinn+23rd+Annual+GLAAD+Media+Awards+vvIf_RWr4HPl.jpg

o-CHAZ-BONO-65-LBS-570.jpg

Honestly speaking I would feel uncomfortable seeing the last guy, because I would feel a little weird if a guy came into a women's restroom. However if he just did his business and left I wouldn't really care although I would hold it myself to go until he left.

I wasn't aware that all transgenders were all located in one place.

I don't know what that even means.

Again, why don't transgenders just stay where they are if it's all so trivial?

Well that's why I'm asking you why it would even possibly be an issue. Why would it even be a problem that a trans woman would use the same bathroom as you?

OK but why is it a problem for them to continue using the same bathroom that they have been using?

Because to many transsexuals its not trivial.

The left can't have it both ways.

You can't tell us our discomfort over who undresses where is trivial but your discomfort is not.

Nutty New York likes to follow California and it's disturbing to know my 14 year old niece could be put in a situation where she's forced to change next to an 18 year old man. Why is your transsexual son's comfort more important than my niece's? I'm sorry if someone is uncomfortable with who they are but if that's the case then the proper solution is to find a unisex bathroom and change there.

Last edited:
OK but why is it a problem for them to continue using the same bathroom that they have been using?

Several reasons. You run the risk of being assaulted, if you pass you run the risk of having the cops called on you, its a reminder of who you used to be, and it doesnt fit who you are now. Im sure there are more reasons but thats all I can think of at the moment.

Several reasons. You run the risk of being assaulted, if you pass you run the risk of having the cops called on you, its a reminder of who you used to be, and it doesnt fit who you are now. Im sure there are more reasons but thats all I can think of at the moment.

And 18 year old men pretending to be 18 year old women could rape underage girls too.

Why do we have to pretend only non-liberals commit crimes?

The left can't have it both ways.

You can't tell us our discomfort over who undresses where is trivial but your discomfort is not.

Nutty New York likes to follow California and it's disturbing to know my 14 year old niece could be put in a situation where she's forced to change next to an 18 year old man. Why is your transsexual son's comfort more important than my niece's? I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable with who you are but if that's the case then the proper solution is to find a unisex bathroom and change there.

I never said anything about your discomfort being trivial.

A transsexuals comfort isnt more important then anyone elses comfort. And your niece isnt going to be forced to change next to an 18 year old man.

And 18 year old men pretending to be 18 year old women could rape underage girls too.

Why do we have to pretend only non-liberals commit crimes?

Why do you keep bringing up liberals? Liberal and conservative means nothing in this conversation. There are liberals who dont like transsexuals and there are conservatives who have no problem with transsexuals.

The situation that you present is highly unlikely knowing the amount of time, effort, and money you have to give in order to be considered transsexual and start physically transitioning. And whats stopping a potential rapist from walking right into a barely used restroom or changing room right now and raping someone?

Trans people are all around you, you just don't know it. They're not perverts, or freaks, they are decent human beings just trying to live their lives. That is why the things you, and other people are saying in this thread are so sick.

Believe me they aren't everywhere. I know they aren't at the church of the Lord Jesus Christ I attend. They are sinners who flaunt their sinful behavior in the face of a Holy God. One day, however, the flaunting will end and then they will give account for their evil actions before a righteous God.

Look at the pictures I posted earlier, if the 2 trans women used the men's bathroom, and the trans man used the women's bathroom THAT would cause a problem. They could be assaulted, have the cops called on them for using the wrong facilities, have their identity put out there for the public, which by this thread can be a dangerous thing in some places. It's just common sense that they should use the bathroom of their identified gender.

Back
Top Bottom