• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tool or toy

:lamo from the man who was having inappropriate thoughts when I used the word 'wood'.....

Yes, but men are expected to go that route. Of me, it's almost demanded.

You're a wholesome belle with a penchant for quality chain coffee.

Yes, but men are expected to go that route. Of me, it's almost demanded.

You're a wholesome belle with a penchant for quality chain coffee.

I don't think the word 'wholesome' has ever been applied to me before. I may be polite, but under the bright and shiny exterior, there is a slightly warped sense of humor.

I don't think the word 'wholesome' has ever been applied to me before. I may be polite, but under the bright and shiny exterior, there is a slightly warped sense of humor.

Why wasn't I alerted to this 6 months ago? We could've painted the town red.

I just got one of those GPS map things for my upcoming vacation. I have been driving around playing with it, I mean learning how to use it and it is very cool. My wife says toy, I say tool. What say you?

It's a tool considering a map is not a toy...

Also those things can get quite frustrating because they'll either give you the shortest and most complicated route or give you the easy and longest route....

If you use it frequently for practical purposes, it is a tool.

If you use it infrequently and mostly for frivolous reasons, it is a toy.

So if you mostly never drive anywhere except routes you know by heart, it's utility as a tool is arguable... but if it is not uncommon for you to need to get somewhere you've never been, its utility says tool.

If you use it frequently for practical purposes, it is a tool.

If you use it infrequently and mostly for frivolous reasons, it is a toy.

So if you mostly never drive anywhere except routes you know by heart, it's utility as a tool is arguable... but if it is not uncommon for you to need to get somewhere you've never been, its utility says tool.

How does one use a GPS map for "frivolous reasons?" :lol:

I dunno... finding a strip club? :lamo

My point was more that if you never drive anywhere but the place you've worked for 10 years and the strip mall you've shopped at for 5 years, then a GPS has little utility for you.

Well when I first got my Tom,Tom, I used to use it just to laugh at the George W. Bush voice. It was really slow in giving directions, and was pretty comical, saying stuff like, "Turn left in a couple of seconds."

I just got one of those GPS map things for my upcoming vacation. I have been driving around playing with it, I mean learning how to use it and it is very cool. My wife says toy, I say tool. What say you?
Its an infuriating piece of worthless technology. Learn to read a map. I would rather get lost on my own then get sent into a hellish traffic jam by a talking little box on my dash.

Its an infuriating piece of worthless technology. Learn to read a map. I would rather get lost on my own then get sent into a hellish traffic jam by a talking little box on my dash.

I would rather not share the highway with people who are looking at a map and not at the road,
or texting, reading the morning paper, applying makeup, turned around trying to make a couple of kids quit fighting in the back seat, or making out. I've been dodging people who do things like that for a long time, and I'm afraid my luck may be running out.

Back
Top Bottom