• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tool or toy

I just got one of those GPS map things for my upcoming vacation. I have been driving around playing with it, I mean learning how to use it and it is very cool. My wife says toy, I say tool. What say you?

Depends. At high speed in an unknown city or when trying to get to a new location in the most efficient way possible--tool. When just toodling around in order to play with it--toy.

I would rather not share the highway with people who are looking at a map and not at the road,
or texting, reading the morning paper, applying makeup, turned around trying to make a couple of kids quit fighting in the back seat, or making out. I've been dodging people who do things like that for a long time, and I'm afraid my luck may be running out.
I dont read maps going down the road, text? yea right LOL, paper? thats what the internet is for, kids? nope grown, making out? come'on man feel the love.

I dont read maps going down the road, text? yea right LOL, paper? thats what the internet is for, kids? nope grown, making out? come'on man feel the love.

I see you're an old guy, like me.
But, back in your younger days, back when cars didn't have power steering but "necking knobs" could be affixed to the steering wheel, are you going to say you didn't make out while driving? Be honest now.

Or, maybe you married young and don't remember necking knobs.

I see you're an old guy, like me.
But, back in your younger days, back when cars didn't have power steering but "necking knobs" could be affixed to the steering wheel, are you going to say you didn't make out while driving? Be honest now.

Or, maybe you married young and don't remember necking knobs.
Necker knobs are illegal in Florida, and there was no way I was putting one on my 1968 Chevelle 427. Manual steering or not.
But there is a nice long long stretch of A1A from Melbourne Beach to Sebastian that is very very dark and you can get away with just about anything.

Necker knobs are illegal in Florida, and there was no way I was putting one on my 1968 Chevelle 427. Manual steering or not.
But there is a nice long long stretch of A1A from Melbourne Beach to Sebastian that is very very dark and you can get away with just about anything.
I think they're illegal in California now, too. Spoilsports!

I hate those stupid knobs. Just weird. Used to be on customer's cars, and the only ones that had them were elderly people.

I'm not sure I know what you guys are talking about. I think I saw one once--yellowed rubber?--but I was little and thought it made the wheel somehow turn better. :3oops: And never thought of it again until this thread.

I'm not sure I know what you guys are talking about. I think I saw one once--yellowed rubber?--but I was little and thought it made the wheel somehow turn better. :3oops: And never thought of it again until this thread.

They haven't been around for years. Crue Cab says they're illegal in Florida. They must be in California, too, since no one has one any more.

Back when cars didn't have power steering and the wheel had to be turned quite a ways to make the car turn, they were popular as a way of steering with one hand. They were popularly called "necking knobs", as that was one reason for driving with only one hand.

Back
Top Bottom