• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Time for the 25th Ammendment

Now you've given me something more to think about...
He is vindictive. Look how he turned on his own VP yesterday at his rally.
Yeup and Pence was Livid over that, trump just put the final nail in his own coffin.

Where's Cruz been yesterday and today???

Anything from the Texas coward that I might have missed?

Good for you for saying that. Trump does not have the honor to resign, so one of the other two options will be perused.
No harm in wishing.

I’m of the age when I watched Nixon resign. I strongly disliked him and was glad to see him do so. He at least saw the rationale for taking that path. So at least in that regards I can respect Nixon. I don’t think I’ll have that opportunity in this case.

No harm in wishing.

I’m of the age when I watched Nixon resign. I strongly disliked him and was glad to see him do so. He at least saw the rationale for taking that path. So at least in that regards I can respect Nixon. I don’t think I’ll have that opportunity in this case.
Nope not at all.

So am I and, believe it or not I really had no issue with Nixon, he actually did some good things, I was in the military when he resigned in 74. Yes he saw the writing on the wall and took the easy and right way out offered to him. No trump will not step down, well I doubt it, but he may want to try the self pardon he talks about, real soon, whether or not it is legal, because after yesterday I seriously doubt Pence would grant him one now and we know Biden won't.
This was a shameful event in this Nations history and I am disgusted that some of my fellow Americans that consider themselves Patriots have turn out to be in reality Insurrectionists that need to be brought before courts for justice.

Nope not at all.

So am I and, believe it or not I really had no issue with Nixon, he actually did some good things, I was in the military when he resigned in 74. Yes he saw the writing on the wall and took the easy and right way out offered to him. No trump will not step down, well I doubt it, but he may want to try the self pardon he talks about, real soon, whether or not it is legal, because after yesterday I seriously doubt Pence would grant him one now and we know Biden won't.
This was a shameful event in this Nations history and I am disgusted that some of my fellow Americans that consider themselves Patriots have turn out to be in reality Insurrectionists that need to be brought before courts for justice.
I agree.

Thank you for your service back then. I wish you were given a better welcome home that you deserved but didn’t get.

Now you've given me something more to think about...
He is vindictive. Look how he turned on his own VP yesterday at his rally.

Pretty unbelievable. Our own duly elected president incited a mob to storm the Capital and commit sedition. Why is this ok in ANYBODY’S playbook?
I don’t care for Pence’s politics but I think he is a decent grounded man.
He needs to get rid of the jackass we have as president for 13 more days

Pretty unbelievable. Our own duly elected president incited a mob to storm the Capital and commit sedition. Why is this ok in ANYBODY’S playbook?
I don’t care for Pence’s politics but I think he is a decent grounded man.
He needs to get rid of the jackass we have as president for 13 more days
You know what would be classic, but never happen: Trump resigns so that Pence can pardon him, but then Pence doesn't?

NO, it is not a threat of violence. Make America Great Again means just what is says. But if you never thought America was ever great, then maybe you will never understand the meaning.

Do believe that all violence (use of force) is bad, or some violence moral and necessary? Would it be okay to use violence against a man trying to rape a little girl to save the child? I'm sure you would use violent force to save a child, I assume this because I am certain you are an ethical person.

A fist can be used to offend, or used to defend. I display as a symbol of defense. Same would be said about all of my guns. I don't have them to harm or commit crimes, I am armed to defend against unjust violence.

You are really reaching. And it is not my job to worry about the tender sensibilities of people who are not white, not straight, or not born in the USA. If my white skin, or my non homosexual US born self tends to bother some people, that seem like a 'you problem' not a me problem.

I always saw it (the Black fist) as a show of solidarity.

My Maga fist, you can assume whatever you like, but show me where I have ever advocated criminal violence, because it never happened.

I think we are done here. You are triggered by your false assumptions and wild imagination. Try to get a grip.
Punching fist does not imply violence? You can talk yourself into dying on that hill if you want, but it's silly.

Punching fist does not imply violence? You can talk yourself into dying on that hill if you want, but it's silly.

Punching fists are violent, but some violent force is in justifiable defense and therefore moral.
How do your defend yourself, with gummi bears and warm milk?

No harm in wishing.

I am old enough too and I respect Nixon a lot more then Trump for having the balls to resign and not keep it going.
I have no respect for Trump at all, he pushed this too far , and has taken this country down to it's lowest point in YEARS.
He has made the US the laughing stock of the world.
He should be thrown out of office one way or another I don't care how I just would like to see it done.
Maybe it would help us get back some of the respect we have lost because of him
Have a nice night

I am old enough too and I respect Nixon a lot more then Trump for having the balls to resign and not keep it going.

Nixon had no option but to resign. The congress (both houses) were democrat controlled, and as the facts of his obstruction of justice became more evident, Vice President Gerald Ford indicated to Nixon that he could no longer voice his defense of the President in public concerning the impeachment hearings. Ford said he would still continue to support the President and his policies, but would no longer weigh in on about declaring Nixon's innocence. This then caused Nixon to lose about half of his Republican support in the Senate. Nixon would have needed at least 34 senators with him in the Senate to avoid being convicted in the Senate trial. By August he probably only had 18 still with him, so he had no choice but to resign or face conviction and removal from office anyway.

So, not so much Nixon had "the balls" to resign, as much as he had the good sense to resign.

I have no respect for Trump at all, he pushed this too far

I agree, he went too far, but I agreed with the legal challenges, as I believe many of our states have horrible voting procedures which are only erroding the confidence of the American voters. We need voter ID laws, we need to assure the integety of the system. We need to do this because our system is based on social contract theory; we give power and consent to be governed, with the expectation of fairness and equity. Currently people in America on the right and the left have lost trust in the system. That has to change, but one side cannot do it unilaterally.

Punching fists are violent, but some violent force is in justifiable defense and therefore moral.
How do your defend yourself, with gummi bears and warm milk?
You know how I defend myself, I already told you. With Krav (backed by Ruger, backed by pit bull). But why are you leading with that? Why is your primary symbol one that suggests violence? Just stop, this is a ***ing civil society and a democracy. The MAGA cult of threatened violence -- fists, clubs, guns, assault weapons, shields, body armor -- WTF? Seriously, be a human who engages in honest discourse without constantly insisting on a looming image of violence. This is a discussion board, not a dick measuring contest for primitives who resolve everything by fists and combat.

You know how I defend myself, I already told you. With Krav (backed by Ruger, backed by pit bull). But why are you leading with that? Why is your primary symbol one that suggests violence? Just stop, this is a ***ing civil society and a democracy. The MAGA cult of threatened violence -- fists, clubs, guns, assault weapons, shields, body armor -- WTF? Seriously, be a human who engages in honest discourse without constantly insisting on a looming image of violence. This is a discussion board, not a dick measuring contest for primitives who resolve everything by fists and combat.

MAGA isn't about all of those things you claim. Just because a tiny fraction co opted MAGA and is using it for violence, isn't what the 99% are about. But you lefties made the same claims about the Tea Party too. It just isn't the truth.

And I have threatened no one here, so stop spinning lies. If you don't like my MAGA fist, then turn off sigs and you won't see it. Meanwhile it isn't my responsibilty to certify your safe zone. How you self trigger yourself is your issue, not mine.

MAGA isn't about all of those things you claim. Just because a tiny fraction co opted MAGA and is using it for violence, isn't what the 99% are about. But you lefties made the same claims about the Tea Party too. It just isn't the truth.

And I have threatened no one here, so stop spinning lies. If you don't like my MAGA fist, then turn off sigs and you won't see it. Meanwhile it isn't my responsibilty to certify your safe zone. How you self trigger yourself is your issue, not mine.
Some people here think your MAGA thing is about Donald Trump and they do not realize it it an Israeli Defense Force anti-Palestinian logo. It would help understanding if you included a Star of David flag in your signature.

Some people here think your MAGA thing is about Donald Trump and they do not realize it it an Israeli Defense Force anti-Palestinian logo. It would help understanding if you included a Star of David flag in your signature.

What makes you think it has anything to do with "anti-Palestinian"?

It doesn't. So you don't need to make that kind of false assertion. Whether MAGA or Krav Maga, doesn't matter. It isn't a call to violent oppression or anything illegal.

What makes you think it has anything to do with "anti-Palestinian"?

It doesn't. So you don't need to make that kind of false assertion. Whether MAGA or Krav Maga, doesn't matter. It isn't a call to violent oppression or anything illegal.
This is not the forum to debate the legality of the Israeli occupation of Palestine. Sorry. I just think some members believe your signature is about making America great again and not the Israeli Defense Forces.

From what I've been hearing, it was Vice President Pence - not President Trump - who ordered the mobilization of the DC National Guard. If this is true, by my reckoning he has already effectively invoked the 25th Amendment - even if he hasn't done so officially.
That will be one of the more interesting things to see in Bob Woodward's next book about this clown...the absolute unraveling of an already delusional and mentally undeveloped manchild.

That will be one of the more interesting things to see in Bob Woodward's next book about this clown...the absolute unraveling of an already delusional and mentally undeveloped manchild.
I didn't realize Woodward was writing books about himself now.

Yet MAGA is Donald Trump's message, and he was the one who incited the violence at the Capitol. You can't sperate the two, and by continuing to show that message is in agreement with it, all of it.

Yet MAGA is Donald Trump's message, and he was the one who incited the violence at the Capitol. You can't sperate the two, and by continuing to show that message is in agreement with it, all of it.

The Court Clown MAGA message is simple, its Trumps motto of "Make America Great Again", yesterday Trump's implorables were great patriots, today he denounced them. The coward
and draft dodger threw his people under the bus. Yea, he's running like the spineless coward he is. Anyone at this point who would post a MAGA fist is lost, adrift, gone.

I don't give a damn about an avatar that symbolizes support for sedition. I want the jackass removed from office for his role in the attack on our Capital. HE egged them on; HE told them to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue; HE told them that they had to be strong to take back the country. He is a sick sick man. The world would be a much better place without him.

I don't give a damn about an avatar that symbolizes support for sedition. I want the jackass removed from office for his role in the attack on our Capital. HE egged them on; HE told them to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue; HE told them that they had to be strong to take back the country. He is a sick sick man. The world would be a much better place without him.
OK tiger, we're in agreement on that, but I was addressing a different point to another poster there...

Agreed... I think when it all comes out, there are going to be a lot of questions that are going to have to be answered.

False logic. My MAGA symbol is capable of existing as a reflection of a sentiment for American greatness apart from anything to do with Donald Trump, the same way that anyone posting a BLM symbol doesn't necessarily mean they agree with rioting, looting, and burning.

But I'm always glad to be here to help people who have trouble processing logic if they need the help.

Back
Top Bottom