• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Time for the 25th Ammendment

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
10m

These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
10m

These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!
But how do you apply the 25th Amendment to an entire political party?

If there was any doubt, there shouldn't be now. The Number One terrorist threat to America are the brainwashed zealots that listen to the Republican Party and their media empire.

I can't think of a more powerful, unifying way to bring the nation together than acknowledging that Mike Pence is a better ambassador for the GOP than Donald Trump, recognizing that he would make a stronger President who advances GOP interests without also formenting culture wars, and formally instituting him as the 46th President of the United States (even if his term is only a couple of weeks.)

I can't think of a more powerful, unifying way to bring the nation together than acknowledging that Mike Pence is a better ambassador for the GOP than Donald Trump, recognizing that he would make a stronger President who advances GOP interests without also formenting culture wars, and formally instituting him as the 46th President of the United States (even if his term is only a couple of weeks.)
I'd feel better about that if Pence hadn't spent the last six years or so being an obsequious lick-spittle Trump supporter. He was one of the very first national-level Republican officials to endorse Trump. Pence is a Vichy Republican of the worst sort.

I'd feel better about that if Pence hadn't spent the last six years or so being an obsequious lick-spittle Trump supporter. He was one of the very first national-level Republican officials to endorse Trump. Pence is a Vichy Republican of the worst sort.

I don't disagree with a lot of that. But I don't know any better course of action ahead of us that might give us a decent outcome. Trump incited this and from his most recent tweet is only going to double down and make things worse--he will not care how many people die so long as he either wins the election or his desire for vengeance is sated. And his opponents are going to react by demanding that not only Trump but every one of his millions of adherents be muzzled as enablers. The former cannot be permitted and the latter is not practical.

Deposing the man, and both sides agreeing to elevate Pence, at least sends the message that we will not tolerate incitement to violence and the fostering of culture war, but we do not dismiss either party's policy positions. That's my take anyway.

I don't disagree with a lot of that. But I don't know any better course of action ahead of us that might give us a decent outcome. Trump incited this and from his most recent tweet is only going to double down and make things worse--he will not care how many people die so long as he either wins the election or his desire for vengeance is sated. And his opponents are going to react by demanding that not only Trump but every one of his millions of adherents be muzzled as enablers. The former cannot be permitted and the latter is not practical.

Deposing the man, and both sides agreeing to elevate Pence, at least sends the message that we will not tolerate incitement to violence and the fostering of culture war, but we do not dismiss either party's policy positions. That's my take anyway.
As much as I despise Pence I agree that a message must be sent that Trump's conduct crossed a huge red line today.

As much as I despise Pence I agree that a message must be sent that Trump's conduct crossed a huge red line today.

Yes and the message to send is that it is his personal conduct that's at issue, not the grievances or concerns or policy positions of the people he claims to represent, and that they are better off being represented by a real leader.

Last edited:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
10m

He is not going to make it 14 more days. I believe that is obvious now.

What in the actual ****...

MicrosoftTeams-image-3-860x464.png

What in the actual ****...
Today alone, Donald Trump did more damage to American democracy than Al Qaeda could have dreamt of inflicting. He remains an imminent threat to national security. He must be impeached and removed immediately, and never allowed to hold office again.

Republicans, protecting America since............

a-cartoon-Trump-plane-world-trade-towers.jpg

........well, never.

They will just shrug it off and say no one could have predicted and/or no one told them that there was something they needed to be done about trump.

As if no one saw this coming.

Unfoetunately therw isnt enough time to impeach and remove him and the 25th amendment is a complex process that Likely wouldn’t be done in 14 days even id youbcould ger enough od Congress to go for it.

And, as John Bolton pointed out this evening it could actually make things worse.

From what I've been hearing, it was Vice President Pence - not President Trump - who ordered the mobilization of the DC National Guard. If this is true, by my reckoning he has already effectively invoked the 25th Amendment - even if he hasn't done so officially.

Unfoetunately therw isnt enough time to impeach and remove him and the 25th amendment is a complex process that Likely wouldn’t be done in 14 days even id youbcould ger enough od Congress to go for it.

And, as John Bolton pointed out this evening it could actually make things worse.

Bolton the guy that refused to testify in the impeachment hearings so he could hold out for money for his book? That guy? Perhaps if he had testified we wouldn't have had today's events.

A progressive political pundit said he can be impeached and removed in a vote in one minute's time.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Trump is already done. It'll be public, tomorrow. They can't let this slide.

We're where we are now because Trump vastly overplayed his hand. To me, that's about the biggest mistake you can make in politics.... the last thing Democrats ought to do at this point is respond in kind by making the same mistake. Events are in motion now, and the outcome is clear. We ought to let them play out.

Back
Top Bottom