• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Third night of unrest in Sweden over far-right anti-Islam rally

Have you ever read the Koran and seen all of the commandments in it on how to kill and oppress non Muslims?

So, do you really want to stick to the claim that anti- Muslim protests, including burning a book, or pouring pig blood on it, is actually worse than what Islam teaches to do to non believers?

If these Muslim immigrants did not want to live in a country where people have a right to free speech and free expression of ideas, then why did they immigrate to Sweden?
Have you ever read the christian bible with all of its exhortations to slay unbelievers?

Have you ever read the Koran and seen all of the commandments in it on how to kill and oppress non Muslims?

So, do you really want to stick to the claim that anti- Muslim protests, including burning a book, or pouring pig blood on it, is actually worse than what Islam teaches to do to non believers?

If these Muslim immigrants did not want to live in a country where people have a right to free speech and free expression of ideas, then why did they immigrate to Sweden?

Well, when Christians start beheading people and flying airplanes full of jet fuel into skyscrapers while yelling Jesus is great! Well, then I guess I start to take notice of what their book says.
Here are some nice Catholics, doing what their book commands them to do...I believe you also had the KKK.

Let us see a left wing politician going into a ultra conservative area of Alabama, having a political rally where he is going to pee over the constitution, wrap it in an American flag, tie it to the bible and an Roll tide shirt and then that politician is going to set the whole thing on fire, filming it while singing the I hate America and Alabamans are the most stupid people on the world.

Do you think that politician is going to be allowed to do that? But instead of stone throwing idiots there will be a bunch of armed Alabamans to stop that politician from doing what he wants to do.

Well, this politician is going to area's in Sweden with a big muslim group of people there. preferably on the day Friday, the muslim day of prayer. And then state that he is going to hold a rally to insult, malign and attack muslims and light a islamic holy book on fire. He is creating these counter demonstrations on purpose to try and win votes.

FYI, there is no justification for the violence of these youths.
What does any of this have to do with Alabama, Christians, or conservatives here in America?

If somebody wants to burn a Koran or cover it in pig blood and shit, why should that be a cause for violence? Sounds to me like the Muslims in Sweden need to grow the f--- up and join the 21st century, especially if they want to live in countries where people have a right to free expression.

A bunch of bigots decided to do something deeply bigoted and, surprise surprise, people don’t like that.
Well, if the the people who don't like it are so bothered by it, then they picked the wrong nation to immigrate to then didn't they? In Sweden all people have a right to free expression of ideas, and if burning a Koran is what they want to do, then what law is broken?

If it was a bunch of Muslims burning Bibles on yesterday you’d be shrieking your rage to the sky, so, again, spare us the bullshit.
I wouldn't have to like it, but it also would not give me the right to go and burn police cars and businesses. It is the Muslims who are the backward ones in this incident. They need to suck it up and stop acting like some medieval goon squad.

I’ll give you a hint— nowhere is there a “right to a positive reaction”. Nobody is obligated to be okay with bigoted actions towards their religion(and if you really don’t see how desecrating a Koran, or burning it, is bigoted, then you’ve got MUCH bigger problems).
But the fact is anyone in a free society had a right to their free forms of expression, whether you feel the are bigoted or not. Deal with it.

What does any of this have to do with Alabama, Christians, or conservatives here in America?

If somebody wants to burn a Koran or cover it in pig blood and shit, why should that be a cause for violence? Sounds to me like the Muslims in Sweden need to grow the f--- up and join the 21st century, especially if they want to live in countries where people have a right to free expression.
Maybe you need to understand the reverence in which Muslims hold the Q'ran and the words of their prophet. You clearly don't.

Here are some nice Catholics, doing what their book commands them to do...I believe you also had the KKK.
This topic isn't about Catholics, it is about what violence these Muslims in Sweden are doing.

You want to talk about something else, then make a thread about that.

Well, if the the people who don't like it are so bothered by it, then they picked the wrong nation to immigrate to then didn't they? In Sweden all people have a right to free expression of ideas, and if burning a Koran is what they want to do, then what law is broken?

I wouldn't have to like it, but it also would not give me the right to go and burn police cars and businesses. It is the Muslims who are the backward ones in this incident. They need to suck it up and stop acting like some medieval goon squad.

But the fact is anyone in a free society had a right to their free forms of expression, whether you feel the are bigoted or not. Deal with it.
Freedom is not absolute and brings responsibilities with it. One of those is the responsibility not to be an idiot just because your Constitution allows it.

This topic isn't about Catholics, it is about what violence these Muslims in Sweden are doing.

You want to talk about something else, then make a thread about that.
I'm simply offering a riposte in the interests of balance; or do you believe Muslim nutters are unique among religions? Sorry if this upsets you.

No one can control another's Religious Ideology... "Whether you call the higher power, God, Allah or what ever... each person is given life as an individual, and will die as a individual.

There are 10 commandments... which most Religion's claim to support.

Each person has to account for their own individual life. Nothing more....

Anytime people "Join Groups", the premise is always going to generate conflict with people who join another group.

I don't care to join any group, I either believe in a Supreme Power, Supreme Entity or I don't. and every person has that choice. No one has the choice to tell any other person, to choose any particular ideology.

If one does not know how to live of themselves, then maybe it because they have not taken the time to learn the values of themselves as an individual.

I believe there is a Supreme Power, and for me, I call it "GOD".... what anyone else call their concept is their business. in my concept it does not tell me to "kill anyone" who has a different concept of belief or non belief in a supreme power.

One thing "all and any should know"... is: "Man" did not create the Universe or Any Planet within it. Nor can any "Man" give himself life.
  • Each individuals life came into being and happen without his/her consent or agreement.
So, what gives any "Man" the right to think he has control over another's Life.

One can either try to be a contributor into life, or a destroyer seeking to destroy something. "each person, will be one or the other and the fact remains, that one will not live forever. The world will not stop because one is here, and it will not stop when one dies.
The Seasons will continue to change when they change, there is light and there is darkness... a plants will produce what they produce and they will not produce when the seasons of its fruitfulness passes, some plants are annual and some are perennial, the seeds they give forth, continue the cycle.

These things are TRUE regardless of what Religiousity Ideology one chooses.

People make themselves "imbeciles" trying to control and tell others what they can and cant be or what they can and can't believe. If its not sex, its politics, if it not politics its, religion and on and on and one... the want of man to try and control other man... is a vile sickness that man makes up in his own vain delusions about one's self.

Last edited:
It was 100% wrong to burn that book.

Sweden, which is really woke now, should not allow such unseemly behavior.

That country made a big mistake, IMHO, when it agreed with Chancellor Merkel to take in so many refugees.

So if any Swedish people feel that such immigration policies be rescinded and that immigrants be given generous financial inducements to leave, they should organize and try to gain control of the country's executive and legislative branches.

It was 100% wrong to burn that book.

Sweden, which is really woke now, should not allow such unseemly behavior.

That country made a big mistake, IMHO, when it agreed with Chancellor Merkel to take in so many refugees.

So if any Swedish people feel that such immigration policies be rescinded and that immigrants be given generous financial inducements to leave, they should organize and try to gain control of the country's executive and legislative branches.
America is a nation of immigrants of all colours and creeds, and look how violent it is.

Hungary has a higher murder rate than Sweden, despite Sweden having a million Muslims ...

I was responding to a comment that alleged all countries are having issues with migration. Hungary does not have issues with integrating migrants.

America is a nation of immigrants of all colours and creeds, and look how violent it is.

Hi,

I notice that you are in England.

I suspect that your comment is a wonderful example of how the Brits criticize in a very polite manner.

I have read, for example, that if I tell some Brits that I will be returning to them very soon for another visit, they might answer: "Oh, we will be waiting for that day!" (translation: "Please do NOT hurry back to see us.")

Unrest broke out in southern Sweden late on Saturday despite police moving a rally by an anti-Islam far-right group, which was planning to burn a Qur’an among other things, to a new location as a preventive measure.

6173.jpg

Scuffles and unrest were reported in the southern town of Landskrona after a demonstration scheduled there by the Danish right-wing party Stram Kurs party was moved to the nearby city of Malmo, 27 miles south.

Opponents of Stram Kurs numbering up to 100 mostly young people threw stones, set cars, tires and dustbins on fire, and put up a barrier fence that obstructed traffic, Swedish police said. The situation had calmed down in Landskrona by late Saturday but remains tense, police said, adding no injuries were reported.

Kim Hild, spokesperson for police in southern Sweden, had said earlier on Saturday that police would not revoke permission for the Landskrona demonstration, organised by the Stram Kurs party, because the free-speech threshold for doing that is very high in Sweden.

1316428_bigpicture_471176_schweden_krawalle_03_afp.jpg

The right of the protesters “to demonstrate and speak out weighs enormously, heavily and it takes an incredible amount for this to be ignored”, Hild told Swedish news agency TT.

Since Thursday, clashes have been reported also in Stockholm and in the cities of Linkoping and Norrkoping – all locations where Stram Kurs either planned or had demonstrations.

On Friday evening, violent clashes between demonstrators and counter-protesters erupted in the central city of Orebro ahead of Stram Kurs’ plan to burn a Qur’an there, leaving 12 police officers injured and four police vehicles set on fire.

1316426_bigpicture_471174_schweden_krawalle_01_ap.jpg

Video footage and photos from chaotic scenes in Orebro showed burning police cars and protesters throwing stones and other objects at police officers in riot gear.

At Saturday’s demonstration in a park in Malmö, Stram Kurs’ leader Rasmus Paludan addressed a few dozen people. A small number of counter-protesters threw stones at demonstrators and police were forced to use pepper spray to disperse them.

Paludan himself was reported to have been hit on his leg by a stone, Swedish media said. No serious injuries were reported, according to police.

Paludan, a Danish lawyer who also holds Swedish citizenship, set up Stram Kurs, or Hard Line, in 2017. It runs on an anti-immigration and anti-Islam agenda.

Completely unnecessary provocation by these Neo-Nazis. You don't burn regular books, like the Nazis did, or religious books that many hold dear.
I haven't followed this story. Is Swe3den letting in hundreds of thousands of Muslims like Amerika is letting in hundreds of thousands of Mexicans? Are the Swedes taking pissed at their government because of that?

Hi,

I notice that you are in England.

I suspect that your comment is a wonderful example of how the Brits criticize in a very polite manner.

I have read, for example, that if I tell some Brits that I will be returning to them very soon for another visit, they might answer: "Oh, we will be waiting for that day!" (translation: "Please do NOT hurry back to see us.")
We simply don't like loud, boorish, entitled, endlessly complaining and demanding people who, just because they are Americans, feel the world owes them. I've met a few.

Maybe you need to understand the reverence in which Muslims hold the Q'ran and the words of their prophet. You clearly don't.
Funny how I bet if an American acted out like this if someone burned a copy of the constitution they they had a very deep reverence for you would not be defending their actions.

Hmm. Wonder what the difference could be.

Funny how I bet if an American acted out like this if someone burned a copy of the constitution they they had a very deep reverence for you would not be defending their actions.

Hmm. Wonder what the difference could be.
You know what they say, 'assumption is the mother of all ****ups'.

If somebody wants to burn a Koran or cover it in pig blood and shit, why should that be a cause for violence?
Because it says WE HATE YOU.

Hate begets hate.

Why on earth would a group want to burn Korans or cover them in pigs blood? What is wrong with people?

Well, when Christians start beheading people and flying airplanes full of jet fuel into skyscrapers while yelling Jesus is great! Well, then I guess I start to take notice of what their book says.
You mean like they did for centuries (not the flying part of course), and still do in some countries... like burn witches in Nigeria?

Still don't get it do you. It has to do with what people hold as holy. That is why I mentioned Alabama and things Americans hold as more dear to them than anything. That is why more than half of all Americans want flag burning to be illegal.

And if you really cannot understand why people who have grown up "indoctrinated by religion" want to fight some extremist who is doing this solely to hurt and insult them, well then that makes this discussion wholly without any need to go further. If you grow up with something you are indoctrinated into believing, like that blacks cannot eat in a white diner or go to a white school, and you have known nothing but that since the first day of your life, guess what you are going to fight for what you hold dear.

The same with Apartheid in South Africa or the numerous wars in Europe for religion. In the troubles of Northern Ireland people killed others in the name of religion. In the Netherlands to protest Black Pete (the helper of what the Dutch call Sinterklaas) the people who wanted an end to Black Pete were met with violence and that is happening here now.

PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE BARBARIANS AND SAVAGES / Rather than Learn To Live Among Each Other.

• Too many people want to control something, and can't even control themselves as an individual.
  • Too many people filled with too much Envy, Resentment, Fools Pride, Vanity, Greed, Gluttony, Slothfulness !!!!!
  • People want to control who other talk to, who others sleep with, who other associate and build relations with and its actually no one business but the individual, who is making choices to interact with each other.

People who choose the foolishness of Barbaric Inclination always seek something to create "Contentions" to facilitate means to engage their Savage Aggressions.
  • Such types of people have not evolved to become "Civic and Civil" Respectful Individuals who is Respectful of Other People".

The idea that if Muslims doesn’t like blatant bigotry aimed at their religion it’s somehow their fault for immigrating to a country which has bigots.....is laughably stupid.

In case you hadn’t noticed, something can be “technically” legal and still be utterly vile.

Given the number of conservatives who defend the January 6th rampage to this day, you REALLY don’t have room to talk bud 😂

As I said before, you clinging to technicalities is not an excuse, no matter how much you wail.

The fact of the matter is that Jester isn't wrong here.

And your example is lacking, because even if Jester didn't like the fact that they were burning bibles. Jester wouldn't go out to burn cars and destroy property that isn't his.

The fact of the matter is that he absolutely isn’t right.

😂 Christians do that even when their sports team wins a championship, so cut the bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom