• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They Waited, They Worried, They Stalled. This Week, They Got the Shot.

LOL! Trump comes up with the vaccine (in record time!), has a delivery system ready to go, everything is in place. Vaccines are rolling out like gangbusters before Harris/Biden even walk in the door.

Meanwhile, Harris is saying not to trust the vaccine and you shouldn't take it, Biden forgets that he even got the shot. But, it's Trump's fault, LOL!

You guys, ever pushing the envelope of stupidity.

Harris said last year that she wouldn't trust Trump's words on any vaccine. She wasn't alone.

Biden got the vaccine in December. When did he say he didn't get it?

It's because he's the opposition, and Marxists always seek to destroy the opposition, any way possible, truth be damned. Before Trump, they were absolutely vial to G.W. Bush. I couldn't believe the lies and hate that they threw at that man. I never thought I'd see hatred worse than that, but they amazingly were able to top their hate for Bush with their hate for Trump.

The next Republican nominee will be next, doesn't matter if it's the Pope, the hate will spew like never before.
First of all it's "vile", not "vial".

Second, while there was certainly some hate towards Bush, you do realize that some has come from Trump himself in that direction, right? That Trump supporters are the ones generally hating on GW at the moment?

I liked Bush, was rooting for him to win in 2004, from the lounge in my berthing on the ship. I brag about being in that crowd for his "Mission Accomplished" speech. He wasn't very bright but he had a good personality and I don't think he actually had any sort of bad intentions for this country, wanted to do his best for this country, what he thought would be good (Cheney on the other hand...).

But note how you fail to recognize the hate coming from the right against the left? The amount and type of hate coming from those who support Trump is so much more and worse than that from the left against any on the right, including Trump.

I think the level of hate will be greater than ever. The left has gone into uncharted waters with their American Marxism. They are completely unmoored from the Constitution and don't car about it in the slightest. They are happy to tear this country apart, as they believe it will benefit them.
Pretty much none of this is close to true.

It easily shows the whole projection thing though, demonstrates that many who support Trump accuse the left of what they themselves are doing.

Saw one doctor saying that the antivaxxers start begging for the vaccine right before the tube goes down their throat.
Too late. That's when the doctor goes "Bleach or UV light?"

I was concerned back in the fall that approval might be rushed. Especially when the stories came out about Trump pushing for approval before the election. That was when the FDA and CDC came out with reassuring statements that the vaccine would not be prematurely approved. It was those statements and Dr Fauci's approval that gave me confidence in the vaccine. I don't trust Trump to tell me if the sun is shining. The man lies constantly.
So it has been approved?

I thought George W. Bush was dumb as a rock and, unfortunately, surrounded himself with his father's warmongering friends. I have to admit to being seduced by his actions post-presesidency, though. His interactions with Michele Obama have been very sweet. I may be wrong, because how can one tell the reality about very famous people? However, he has struck me as someone who is able to care about others and who fits into "The Presidents Club". The ex-presidents often gather as a presence to be seen in critical times. Donald Trump will never join them.

Still is money for vaccine, isn† it? You don't suppose that money will be used to cover Pfizer's expenses, do you?

So, which other countries pledged to buy $1.95 billion worth of vaccine before it was developed?
The US and many other nations preordered the vaccines, it was not unique to the States. The facts are Pfizer did not take one dime of research money from the States. I imagine their reasons were not particularly altruistic, I expect it was a business decision, however, that does not change the fact they only took money for drugs contracted for and delivered, just like they did with Canada, the UK and France. Their drug was also approved in the UK BEFORE it was approved in the States.

I don't know why it is so difficult for Trumsters to accept factual information without trying to do several "ya buts". Of the three revolutionary mRNA only one drug, approved for use in the States, had development money given to them by Trump. That doesn't take away from some of the other good things Operation Warp Speed did but he deserves no credit for the Phizer drug and the AstraZeneca drug has never been approved. 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

So you don't actually think they're breathing down his neck for political reasons? Why did you bring it up?
Not sure who your "he" is--Fauci? My post #25? If so, I was responding to a post in which Vice President Harris was quoted as saying, "If Dr. Fauci, the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it," and my reply was that I've lost all confidence in him.

Depends on the topic. Obviously. And I never made this silly claim.

Except you implied it when you said this:

I don't want to derail the thread, but I've lost all confidence in Fauci.

The implication is clear: You believe you know more than Dr. Anthony Fauci, a world-renowned scientist.

I also don't worship bureaucrats or experts who tell us one thing and then reverse course as Fauci has done.

The evolution of recommendations to the public has been explained over and over again. It is pure ignorance on your part to not understand them.

Or those who are less than honest about, say, NIH funding of gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Masks, herd immunity, funding--petty little details, I know.

Which has jack shit to do with the OP.

Second, while there was certainly some hate towards Bush, you do realize that some has come from Trump himself in that direction, right? That Trump supporters are the ones generally hating on GW at the moment?

I liked Bush, was rooting for him to win in 2004, from the lounge in my berthing on the ship. I brag about being in that crowd for his "Mission Accomplished" speech. He wasn't very bright but he had a good personality and I don't think he actually had any sort of bad intentions for this country, wanted to do his best for this country, what he thought would be good (Cheney on the other hand...).

But note how you fail to recognize the hate coming from the right against the left? The amount and type of hate coming from those who support Trump is so much more and worse than that from the left against any on the right, including Trump.

Righties NEVER call out the lies, distortions, and violent rhetoric from one of their own. Ever.

Except you implied it when you said this:

The implication is clear: You believe you know more than Dr. Anthony Fauci, a world-renowned scientist.

The evolution of recommendations to the public has been explained over and over again. It is pure ignorance on your part to not understand them.

Which has jack shit to do with the OP.
Your appeal to authority means nothing to me.

I don't think they are stalling.. I think it's a matter of making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. One thing they look at is the quality of the manufacturing plants and their quality control. that's in addition to how the vaccine affects people. One thing they do not want to do is approve something improperly, since the confidence of their process must remain intact.

That (bolded above) seems consistent with the thinking of many of the ‘vaccine hesitant’. It goes something like this: if the FDA is not sure yet then why should I be?

That (bolded above) seems consistent with the thinking of many of the ‘vaccine hesitant’. It goes something like this: if the FDA is not sure yet then why should I be?
Because this disease is new and horrible enough that the dangers of the side effects of the disease far outweighs the danger and side effects of the vaccine.

Because this disease is new and horrible enough that the dangers of the side effects of the disease far outweighs the danger and side effects of the vaccine.

That is justification for the EUA, yet not for FDA approval. What is known is that age and other risk factors make a huge difference in how dangerous contracting COVID-19 is likely to be. Since I am 67 it made perfect sense to get vaccinated ASAP, but if I was 21 then not so much. BTW, the vaccine is newer than the disease.

That is justification for the EUA, yet not for FDA approval. What is known is that age and other risk factors make a huge difference in how dangerous contracting COVID-19 is likely to be. Since I am 67 it made perfect sense to get vaccinated ASAP, but if I was 21 then not so much. BTW, the vaccine is newer than the disease.
Yes, the vaccine is newer than the disease, but not newer than the delta varient. One thing , the number of 20 to 40 year olds that are ending up in the hospital and on ventilators has increased. That's motivation there.

Yes, the vaccine is newer than the disease, but not newer than the delta varient. One thing , the number of 20 to 40 year olds that are ending up in the hospital and on ventilators has increased. That's motivation there.

Yep, as conditions change then more will likely decide to get vaccinated.

Yes, she did say she would not trust Trump on the vaccines but she never said she would not trust properly approved vaccines and she most certainly did not say you shouldn't take it.
Yes, the vaccine that was properly approved hours after Trump threatened to fire people who didn't approve the vaccine...

Your so-called 'critical thinkers' are the ones getting seriously sick and dying from Covid; infecting others on their way to the crematorium because they're too stupid to get vaccinated-your non-compliance gullibles who believe the same idiotic nonsense as you. Quit posting crap.
You literally know nothing about how a vaccine works?? The vaccinated can still spread it. You're in England where Delta is rampant. Well over 70 percent - closer to 86 percent - have been vaccinated according to several press releases. Who do think is spreading the variant?? Hedgehogs?? Thanks!!

Do you ever wonder why people make fun of Trump! Do you think they are just mean or maybe there is something about Trump that has invited this behavior?
TDS! Plain and simple! Off the chart craziness over Trump. Constant 24/7 Trump bad from the partisan and very biased press.

TDS! Plain and simple! Off the chart craziness over Trump. Constant 24/7 Trump bad from the partisan and very biased press.
He deserved the bad press. He may be the worst President we've had since Franklin Pierce or James Buchanan.

I think the ultra-left thrives on a sociopathic animosity, and I think the ultra right is meeting that animosity with a destructive, reactionary rage. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The more immigrants that we welcome, the less likely we'll see freedom laid waste by either extreme. Immigrants are flocking here because they know a good thing when they see it.Thanks!!

Communities most impacted (People of color in cities) are also the communities that are resisting vaccines. Efforts should be focused there. Instead of being woke, be right.

Some people are so stupid that they have to get it three times.
Here's one idiot on his second tour...still won't wear masks, still hasn't gotten the shot, still thinks it's a Chinese plot to make Trump look bad.
Wheezy-anna sure has some dumbasses.

I think the ultra-left thrives on a sociopathic animosity, and I think the ultra right is meeting that animosity with a destructive, reactionary rage. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The more immigrants that we welcome, the less likely we'll see freedom laid waste by either extreme. Immigrants are flocking here because they know a good thing when they see it.Thanks!!
The right has been doing it far longer and in far more massive numbers than the left. Both have their extremists, but the right has made their extremists mainstream through Trump.

Back
Top Bottom