• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They Waited, They Worried, They Stalled. This Week, They Got the Shot.

NewfieMom

I read, therefore I am.
Bartender
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
President Biden failed to meet his (ambitious) goal of getting 70% of the American people vaccinated against covid-19 by July 4, but a surge of interest in the vaccine this week is bringing the country closer to that 70%.

"On a single day this past week, more than half a million people across the United States trickled into high school gymnasiums, pharmacies and buses converted into mobile clinics. Then they pushed up their sleeves and got their coronavirus vaccines.

These are the Americans who are being vaccinated at this moment in the pandemic: the reluctant, the anxious, the procrastinating."

President Biden failed to meet his (ambitious) goal of getting 70% of the American people vaccinated against covid-19 by July 4, but a surge of interest in the vaccine this week is bringing the country closer to that 70%.

"On a single day this past week, more than half a million people across the United States trickled into high school gymnasiums, pharmacies and buses converted into mobile clinics. Then they pushed up their sleeves and got their coronavirus vaccines.

These are the Americans who are being vaccinated at this moment in the pandemic: the reluctant, the anxious, the procrastinating."

Good article! Love the pics and the stories. I hope a lot of people who aren't vaccinated yet see it and realize it's okay.

President Biden failed to meet his (ambitious) goal of getting 70% of the American people vaccinated against covid-19 by July 4,

[

Essentially only the Critical Thinkers remain and by definition they are not Compliance Gullibles .

Hope next year we do not have to spend too much time with body bags and grave spades .

Unfortunately, but I guess it's in some ways fortunate, the Delta variant is going to scare the hell out of many of the reluctant especially those who thought they were too young and healthy to get really sick.

I think another group of people are waiting for the vaccine ot get full approval.

Essentially only the Critical Thinkers remain and by definition they are not Compliance Gullibles .

Hope next year we do not have to spend too much time with body bags and grave spades .

Monica reporting from Livherenoonesgivesashite tell us all that only the critical thinkers have avoided the vaccine.

Listening to some soccer mom on youtube doesn't make you a critical thinker.

Only the hopelessly low-functioning two-dimensional thinkers refuse the vaccine without a medical reason. And gullibility is definitely their strongest characteristic. Simple minds will believe anything if it's presented in a form they find attractive.

So a bunch of assholes waited until they thought maybe the pandemic would affect them personally?
Saw one doctor saying that the antivaxxers start begging for the vaccine right before the tube goes down their throat.

Agreed. We're getting tired of all the body bags and graves spades being used because it crybabies not taking reasonable precautions and not getting vaccinated.

I agree. Once the FDA decides to stop stalling and give it the general stamp of approval, vaccine rates will see a huge rise.
I don't think they are stalling.. I think it's a matter of making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. One thing they look at is the quality of the manufacturing plants and their quality control. that's in addition to how the vaccine affects people. One thing they do not want to do is approve something improperly, since the confidence of their process must remain intact.

Communities most impacted (People of color in cities) are also the communities that are resisting vaccines. Efforts should be focused there. Instead of being woke, be right.

Instead of whitesplaining what you thought the problem was, how about you learn what it actually is.

Read the LA Times. Its liberal but doesn't cater to the ignorant like the NYT. It's all in there.

Instead of whitesplaining what you thought the problem was, how about you learn what it actually is.

Read the LA Times. Its liberal but doesn't cater to the ignorant like the NYT. It's all in there.

Tell me exactly which factual claims in the NYT article were wrong. Go on, I'll wait.

Actually, No, I Won't. He won't even come out of his gold house and do a vaccine PSA for his supporters. What in the world is wrong with this guy?
LOL! Trump comes up with the vaccine (in record time!), has a delivery system ready to go, everything is in place. Vaccines are rolling out like gangbusters before Harris/Biden even walk in the door.

Meanwhile, Harris is saying not to trust the vaccine and you shouldn't take it, Biden forgets that he even got the shot. But, it's Trump's fault, LOL!

You guys, ever pushing the envelope of stupidity.

At least seven falsehoods in 3 sentences...good job!.At least one truthful statement.....the covid response was
"Trump's fault"

Harris is saying not to trust the vaccine and you shouldn't take

I had to look it up, but Harris did say that she wouldn't trust Trump on any vaccine before the election
Yes, she did say she would not trust Trump on the vaccines but she never said she would not trust properly approved vaccines and she most certainly did not say you shouldn't take it.

I had to look it up, but Harris did say that she wouldn't trust Trump on any vaccine before the election: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/05/kamala-harris-trump-coronavirus-vaccine-409320
Yes, that is true. However, in the same statement, she said she would trust a medical professional, like Dr Fauci.

Let's look at the entire statement she made about that when asked, rather than just look at the headline.

“I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump” on the reliability of a vaccine, Harris said. The California senator, however, added that she would trust a “credible” source who could vouch that a vaccine was safe for Americans to receive.

And, to expand on what her actual words were from

"If Dr. Fauci, the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it," Harris said. "But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I'm not going to take it."

Yes, that is true. However, in the same statement, she said she would trust a medical professional, like Dr Fauci.

Let's look at the entire statement she made about that when asked, rather than just look at the headline.

And, to expand on what her actual words were from

I don't want to derail the thread, but I've lost all confidence in Fauci. I maintain respect for all the unknown researchers quietly going about their work and collaborating to produce results that help us all.

Back
Top Bottom